warpedskydiver

An Amazing Performance For The Popes Birthday!

I've heard the song, but never knew the lyrics, so I had to go look them up. Sounds like an appropriate song for the pope, if you ask me.

Those Marines can really sing, though. :)

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Thanks for the link! I heard this live the other day on the radio and gave me goose bumps then. Still did just now.

But I'm a softie and have to hold back tears for patriotic stuff!! Taps gets me...especially when at a military funeral. Was at Arlington Cemetery (my uncle is buried there) for Memorial Day about 10 years ago. One of the most amazing days I've ever had.

Anyways, thanks for sharing that link!!!!
To borrow a line from Squeak...MY LIFE ROCKS!! HOW'S YOURS??!!!

I've heard the song, but never knew the lyrics, so I had to go look them up. Sounds like an appropriate song for the pope, if you ask me.

Those Marines can really sing, though. :)

They were Army Billy!

how in the hell did you hear it?

really loud and all bass?:D

Sorry, the uniforms didn't appear to be Army. [:/]

I can hear the music and make out the voices, but not what the words were. I had to go look up the lyrics. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wGNAZivnc2w&feature=related

Like it or not, we may have our faults, and none of us is perfect, but that was a very stirring rendition of The Battle Hymn of The Republic!

While attending the high school I did, we performed that exact arrangement many many times for the public. (musical emphasis school) Sometimes I was in the band, doing the accompany (french horn)....sometimes in the choir, singing. Each time it gave me goose bumps. It's a beautiful rendition. Thanks for the memories.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Good thing it wasn't the Young Boys Choir!!

That would just have been akward!!

This post is not only plain nasty but offensive to any Catholic who posts here...or maybe just this Catholic.

You do realize using the 'guilt by association' theory could apply to just about everyone of us.

Hello Speaker's Corner.