DZJ

Prince Harry fighting the Taleban

Since I am not familiar with any wings, groups, squadrons, etc. classified as a "Champaign Squadron" by the military maybe you could be so kind as to provide a link to show where these are stationed.

Kids!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

It isn't irrelevant Kelly - it's cowardice.

"Whether you or Amazon are happy with the extent of his service is irrelevant. "
That comment of mine was aimed at the relevance of any person's opinion of his service in reagrds to whether or not he served.
Personally, I despise the fact that he skipped out on the last part of his obligation. But that does not negate the fact that he DID serve in the NG, he DID fly aircraft that were very unforgiving, he WAS in a squadron that could have been called up.
What I am very curious is why the same people who condemn Bush for his military record always conveniently leave out the fact that Clinton flat out dodged the draft and refused to have anything at all to do with the military. That makes him ten times the coward that Bush was, along with anyone who defends Clintons actions.

"Whether you or Amazon are happy with the extent of his service is irrelevant. "
That comment of mine was aimed at the relevance of any person's opinion of his service in reagrds to whether or not he served.
Personally, I despise the fact that he skipped out on the last part of his obligation. But that does not negate the fact that he DID serve in the NG, he DID fly aircraft that were very unforgiving, he WAS in a squadron that could have been called up.
What I am very curious is why the same people who condemn Bush for his military record always conveniently leave out the fact that Clinton flat out dodged the draft and refused to have anything at all to do with the military. That makes him ten times the coward that Bush was, along with anyone who defends Clintons actions.

Comparing them both in this context is very irrelevant - they both had a primary aim of avoiding service in Vietnam which is cowardice. The fact they were then later voted as American leaders is hilarious...

Until one takes into account their actions as leaders...

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

I know even worse cowards who fly even worse aircraft.

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

Since I am not familiar with any wings, groups, squadrons, etc. classified as a "Champaign Squadron" by the military maybe you could be so kind as to provide a link to show where these are stationed.

Kids!

Just as I thought. :S

Little evidence of that.

Since you seem never to have heard the phrase, you could always try Googling it. You could try REMF too:D.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I happen to think the comparison is extremely relevant. While both were trying to avoid serving in a combat zone, Bush at least was in a position where he could have been sent. Clinton chose instead to completely avoid any service at all and, in fact, led protests against his country in a foreign land.
I agree that it is hilarious that either was elected. my opinion differs from yours in that I feel both harmed their country for self-serving reasons. Neither had any business being President.

Kids!

Just as I thought. :S

Little evidence of that.

Since you seem never to have heard the phrase, you could always try Googling it. You could try REMF too:D.

Oh, I've heard the phrase before. Always from a sourpuss. :D

I happen to think the comparison is extremely relevant. While both were trying to avoid serving in a combat zone, Bush at least was in a position where he could have been sent. Clinton chose instead to completely avoid any service at all and, in fact, led protests against his country in a foreign land.
I agree that it is hilarious that either was elected. my opinion differs from yours in that I feel both harmed their country for self-serving reasons. Neither had any business being President.

Well, your opinion in regards to their self service actually agrees with mine.

I'm still surprised you see Clinton's cowardice as being greater than wee georgies. He was never going to Vietnam. Never. And he was a wank pilot.

Both their actions revolved around avoiding Vietnam.

How can one be better than the other then?

everyone might want to look at what george h.w. bush was doing at the time and then ask if you would really want anyone of his family members to be put in a situation that could have compromised his abillity to do that job. or if anyone in dc would have let it happen. high ranking officials kids dont normally get sent to war. secrecy is very important during war, and giving the enemy a way to try and find those secrets out isnt smart.
light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak

Well, your opinion in regards to their self service actually agrees with mine.

I'm still surprised you see Clinton's cowardice as being greater than wee georgies. He was never going to Vietnam. Never. And he was a wank pilot.

Both their actions revolved around avoiding Vietnam.

How can one be better than the other then?

Flying a jet aircraft at that time...any jet, let alone a 102...was far from safe. Jet engines and supersonic flight were barely out of their infancy. Many pilots lost their lives when design flaws were unknown until a certain set of flight conditions were met and exposed those flaws. It still happens today. I respect Bush as much as anyone else who flew those beasts for having the balls to strap in and push the throttle forward. It is his disappearing act at the end of his military career that I view as cowardly.
Clinton, on the other hand, has never been at risk of anything greater than a paper cut (or a jealous husband).

What fucking tactical or even strategic secrets would they be privy to?

You're barking up the wrong the tree mate - chasing parked cars like.

His aviation actions were little more than driving a car in comparison to risk and danger.

Considering the alternative was Vietnam, and that flying is an enjoyable job, he gets no kudos in my book.

I think your mad to support the nob.

If he wasn't such a nob he'd have served in Vietnam, end of story.

Like I said earlier, I know serving cowards who continually manage to avoid operational tours, yet still fly aircraft with outrageous safety records.

By your own definition, your hero, BJ Clinton, was even more of a "chickenhawk" than Bush.

WRONG.. Bubba.. not a CHICKENHAWK....by my and every definition I have read.

How about you?????

I told you once I am not "Bubba". How can you expect anyone to take you seriously when you don't even show a modicum of respect for other posters?

The definition of "Chickenhawk", as posted by you, included the following: "Chickenhawk (also chicken hawk and chicken-hawk; sometimes designated after a person's name by [c.h.]) is a political epithet used in the United States to criticize a politician, bureaucrat, or commentator who strongly supports a war or other military action, but has never personally been in a war, especially if that person actively avoided military service when of draft age".
Bill Clinton sent troops into combat while he was president (remember Somalia?). He has never personally been in a war and avoided military service when of draft age.
He meets every condition set forth in the definition YOU posted. How can you possibly say he isn't a "chickenhawk"?