vortexring

Have a look at this!!!

Er, can't think of a suitable political point of discussion for these pics, but check them out - you'll be impressed.:)
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=102085

Why does this remind me of 'Jaws'?:S

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

Er, can't think of a suitable political point of discussion for these pics, but check them out - you'll be impressed.:)
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=102085

WOW, that is amazing

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

As Roy Scheider (RIP) would say, 'Y'gonna need a bigger Herc...'

Indeed!:D Like an An 225?? Having experienced what it's like diving off the ramp then surely these pictures either demonstrate fantastic flying, insane flying, or a fantastic flight stabilisation system?:S

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

I've looked at that picture a couple of times now and I'm having a hard time understanding the aerodynamics.

I jumped the C-130 in Quincy and I recall the huge wake. Seems like it would be impossible for a fighter aircraft to fight through that wake. In the last photo it's gotta be sitting in dead air. Is it shopped?
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

I've looked at that picture a couple of times now and I'm having a hard time understanding the aerodynamics.

I jumped the C-130 in Quincy and I recall the huge wake. Seems like it would be impossible for a fighter aircraft to fight through that wake. In the last photo it's gotta be sitting in dead air. Is it shopped?

It has it's own motive force, don't forget....they do something similar every time they air-refuel.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I don't know...refueling as I understand it is done from behind and below in clean air. I'm not saying it isn't possible. I don't know enough about the capabilities but I question whether any aircraft could fly in that wake.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Not quite so cool, but at least I took it myself:
www.iit.edu/~kallend/c130.jpg

That's a nice scan - from what book did you find it?:ph34r:

Jealous, eh?

May 1996, over Arizona at 21,000ft from a KC135 refuelling a special forces C130. At the time it was the highest ever in flight refuelling of.a C130. I was next to the boom operator. Took off from Kirkland AFB in New Mexico, landed at Tinker AFB in Oklahoma.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Jealous! Don't be daft. It reminds once of a time from my old job when we were on a freefall course in 'Sith Ifrica.' Flying back from where we were jumping, me and my mate have decided to pester the crew for a shot. It was quite funny - my buddies sat next to the pilot who's flying it one handed, explaining how best to keep her straight and level. As he hands over control to my mate, he's knocked the trim right off. My buddies grasping the controls with both hands, struggling to keep the aircraft level, arms shaking, beads of sweat appearing on his brow!

'Hey, relax!' said the pilot, taking control, and discreetly trimming the aircraft back out. 'See?' He says, flying it one handed again. 'Have another try...' as he begins to take the trim out again...

The pilot couldn't have weighed more than 12 stone. My mates around 17. The sheepish look he had for the rest of the evening was hilarious.:ph34r:

Jealous! Don't be daft. It reminds once of a time from my old job when we were on a freefall course in 'Sith Ifrica.' Flying back from where we were jumping, me and my mate have decided to pester the crew for a shot. It was quite funny - my buddies sat next to the pilot who's flying it one handed, explaining how best to keep her straight and level. As he hands over control to my mate, he's knocked the trim right off. My buddies grasping the controls with both hands, struggling to keep the aircraft level, arms shaking, beads of sweat appearing on his brow!

'Hey, relax!' said the pilot, taking control, and discreetly trimming the aircraft back out. 'See?' He says, flying it one handed again. 'Have another try...' as he begins to take the trim out again...

The pilot couldn't have weighed more than 12 stone. My mates around 17. The sheepish look he had for the rest of the evening was hilarious.:ph34r:

Dreary.

I'll raise you a trap landing on a carrier:)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I'm all ears.

I heard during Vietnam a British Shackelton crew dropped off some aerial photographs they'd taken onto an aircraft carrier, by conducting a touch and go on the deck and throwing the film out!:o

A week or so later the same crew decided to position themselves on a long final approach to the deck and knock off one of the engines. They were pretending that they needed to carry out an emergency landing on the ship and so also pretended they were suffering radio failure too.

They knocked the approach off when they seen the Yanks pushing all the jets over the side to make room.....

And then later lost their jobs.:)