livendive

Message from Ron

You DO know he's got no real chance, right?

Yes, I know he's got no real chance to win the Presidency. I do, however, think he has a chance to improve the platforms of both the Democrats and the Republicans, even if only slightly. Encouraging that seems like a much better use of my vote than simply agreeing to more of the same. It seems there are a significant number who agree...perhaps enough to even make a difference.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

you have to register for the draft when you're 18, but they just haven't called anyone up on it yet.

Libertarians are against conscription. Ron Paul would probably try to do away with even registering for the draft.

Here's what he wrote in November, 2006:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul353.html

excerpt

Given the choice, many in Congress would rather draft more young bodies than rethink our role as world policeman and bring some of our troops home.

Military needs aside, some politicians simply love the thought of mandatory service to the federal government. The political right favors sending young people to fight in aggressive wars like Iraq. The political left longs to send young people into harm's way to save the world in places like Darfur. But both sides share the same belief that citizens should serve the needs of the state-- a belief our founders clearly rejected in the Declaration of Independence.

wow. ron paul is SUCH a nutjob, right?:S
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

wow. ron paul is SUCH a nutjob, right?

Well, that's what most of the U. S. population believes with an exception of a very small collection of believers who forgets that everyone has the same exact access to his public websites. His one blimp, one balloon off the I5, his two lawn signs, and crudely-made white paper banners posted over overpasses tells all the general public who can read to "google" him. Everybody googles him. I promise you his unpopularity has nothing to do with peoples' "fear of change" or "you don't understand his platform" or even Fox News. Everybody has Google. People generally know how to read between the lines. You do not need an education to have Street Smarts. This is not Mathematics, Science, Physics, Economics, Medicine, English; This is Socially Adept conceptualization. (We don't believe in McCain Clinton or Obama either.) People think this guy is off his rocker.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln