normiss

It's getting out of hand!

Nope, don't have one! Oddly, here in the US, juries made of people like me - rather than a panel of lawyers - decide who's guilty or innocent. Strange but true.

I've always policed using the 60-40 rule.
20% of people almost always support LEO's
20% don't really care for LEO's and look for the bad side of the job
60% of people are generally pretty reasonable, and make sound decisions based on facts, they are also the majority of the jury pool. Those are the people I work hardest to please.

My wife just got off a four month stint of jury duty, she was cut twice from being on a jury because of me.

You would rather your kid witness violence than hear a word?!?!?!?!

I'd rather (we) not see or hear any of it and be able to shop in relative peace.

Were you toilet trained at gun point?

At least it only took one reply for you to start insulting. Sure you want to have another go around? The last time we tried this you insulted me, took your ball and went home.

Pretty simple really. Your dishonesty on the subject was distasteful, so I stopped responding.

Is that your strategy? Present yourself as repugnant, people go away so you ...win?
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

No I tried to debate, you insulted, this time it just came quicker..........

Present yourself as repugnant

What? I don't even own a dog, especially one of those ugly little ones;)

Have a Merry Christmas!

XOXOXO
Jim

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

The woman is retreating AWAY from the fat cop the entire time, how threatening could anything she have to say been?
Surveillance video has no audio.
According to the report "All the 35-year-old yoga instructor did was raise her voice to a Daytona Beach police officer." that's from the police dept.
Judging by the video...there wasn't much conversation. The cop needs to be brought up on charges of deadly assault.

That woman should call the ACLU, her state and federal reps and the FBI and any other political and watchdog groups to get the ball rolling. The general public must stand up to this or evetually we will all get zap'd unjustly.[:/][:/][:/][:/][:/]

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

Does anyone else find it ironic that the tasered woman that went off is a YOGA Instructor! So much for the reduced stress, lower heart rate, calmness, etc. she is supposed to be teaching.

I imagine it's quite hard to adopt a calming yoga position when 50,000 volts are dancing through your nervous system.

"If it was found to not be justified the cop would be punished." -------------------------------------------------> What planet do you live on? Cops walk the MAJORITY of the time. I'm not going even get into this arguement.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Nope, sorry to disappoint you. ;)

And I know Volusia LEO's very well. I watched them beat the fuck outta a friend ON HIS OWN PROPERTY for flipping them off. Then I said I'm a witness to that and got the fuck beat outta me and arrested. I asked what i was being arrested for and they said "Don't know but we'll figure something out" Cocksuckers>:( Charged me w/ public drunk ON PRIVATE PROPERTY. When it got to court thay changed it to disorderly conduct. I was sentenced to 10 days in Volusia Co. jail.>:(>:(>:(

Sorry, pardner, but cussing out a cop is grounds for getting arrested. Same goes for giving them the bird.

Maybe in your secret police state where you live -- But in the United States, cussing at or flipping the bird to the police is not subject to arrest.

(not directed at you personally)

It would seem that you are mistaken, given the wording of Disorderly Conduct statutes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disorderly_conduct

Is it worth the $ for a 1st Amd challenge to try to overturn a conviction that could have been avoided by not acting like a prick in the first place?

You prolly cream over laws like that. How bout this one? I was in jail for a DUI many yrs ago in Florida. I was playing lawyer and was in the law library looking up laws. Fla. has(had?) a law stating that anything not covered under any other law is covered by THIS law. In other words a black check for cops to do what the fuck they want w/ impunity. Bet you're REALLY creaming your jeans over that one.

Yes, I am also one who may serve on a jury someday.-------------------------------------------------------God. You and ExAFO and Skycop on a jury. That's REALLY fuckin scary. You guys prolly already have the nooses made.[:/]

I see your point very clearly. Maybe I haven't done well getting mine across. Let me try a new approach....

Name just one jurisdiction in the U.S. where the police use of tasers is so out of control that you would feel justified in shooting an officer who was reaching for his.

BTW, I have been part of a jury pool twice but was not selected either time.

Thank God. I wonder why.:S