rushmc

Carbon Emissions Don’t Cause Global Warming

Another interesting tidbit:

Fred Singer, who you have quoted before to support the idea that the climate is not warming, has now admitted that global warming is real and just about unstoppable.

If someone changing thier mind is NOW relavant, how about the father of GWing theroy Dr. James Hansen changing his mind?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Another interesting tidbit:

Fred Singer, who you have quoted before to support the idea that the climate is not warming, has now admitted that global warming is real and just about unstoppable.

Have you posted what he said sir????????

Well, I can for you.

Turning away from his landmark testimony before Congress in 1988, Hansen claims now that carbon dioxide is not a main culprit in climate change. Methane, chlorofluorocarbons, and diesel and coal soot trap heat more effectively than does C02, explained Hansen. He also noted these are more easily reduced than C02 emissions and would face fewer of the political hurdles that currently slow efforts to curb global warming.===================================================================

This once hero of you position is now reviled as some kind of nut case.

By the way, I purposfully posted his statement in total. I DO realize what else is in the statment. It is intelectyly honest to do so. Not cherry picking or altering the context as has been done many times on this topic>:(
Abraham Lincoln

>Hansen claims now that carbon dioxide is not a main culprit in
>climate change. Methane, chlorofluorocarbons, and diesel and coal
>soot trap heat more effectively than does C02 . . .

The second part of that statement is certainly true; methane/CFC's are much more powerful greenhouse gases than CO2. However, there is much less methane in the atmosphere so it has far less effect than CO2 overall.

So the statement that "Hansen claims now that carbon dioxide is not a main culprit in climate change" is a lie. (Not saying you're lying; I am sure you just reposted that 2000 link from the Heartland article by noted denier Jay H. Lehr without thinking.)

This once hero of you position is now reviled as some kind of nut case.

Hah! Dude, you've just made that up! An excerpt from one of his more recent statements (august this year)

Make no doubt, however, if tipping points are passed, if we, in effect, destroy Creation, passing on to our children, grandchildren, and the unborn a situation out of their control, the contrarians who work to deny and confuse will not be the principal culprits. The contrarians will be remembered as court jesters. There is no point to joust with court jesters. They will always be present. They will continue to entertain even if the Titanic begins to take on water. Their role and consequence is only as a diversion from what is important.
The real deal is this: the ‘royalty’ controlling the court, the ones with the power, the ones with the ability to make a difference, with the ability to change our course, the ones who will live in infamy if we pass the tipping points, are the captains of industry, CEOs in fossil fuel companies such as EXXON/Mobil, automobile manufacturers, utilities, all of the leaders who have placed short-term profit above the fate of the planet and the well-being of our children. The court jesters are their jesters, occasionally paid for services, and more substantively supported by the captains’ disinformation campaigns.
Court jesters serve as a distraction, a distraction from usufruct. Usufruct is the matter that the captains wish to deny, the matter that they do not want their children to know about. They realize that if there is no ‘gorilla’, then usufruct is not an important issue for them. So, with the help of jesters, they deny the existence of the gorilla. There is no danger of melting the Arctic, of destabilizing the West Antarctic ice sheet, of increasing hydrologic extremes, more droughts and stronger forest fires on one hand and heavier downpours and floods on the other, threats to the fresh water supplies of huge numbers of people in different parts of the globe. “Whew! It is lucky that, as our jesters show, these are just imaginary concerns. We captains of industry can continue with business-as-usual, we do not need to face the tough problem of how to maintain profits without destroying our legacy in our children’s eyes.”

Yeah, I bet the rest of the global warming movement reeaally hate this guy!:D
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

No, I did not make it up. did you?

So who reviles him as a nutjob?

As I showed, he still very much believes in man-made global warming.

I guess he flops more than Kerry and Clinton then
Abraham Lincoln

You haven't shown anything that indicates he ever stopped believing in man made climate change. In fact, despite your bizarre claim that you "posted his statement in total" you haven't actually posted anything he's said at all.

And you haven't attempted to back up your claim that he is now "reviled as a crackpot" by the GW community either.

So what'll it be, more unsubstantiated shit flinging, or post something of substance? The choice is yours.

>I guess he flops more than Kerry and Clinton then

Ah, thank god. A CDIF, just in time. You were close to having to reconsider something! Crisis averted.

Hillary not Bill, Bill:S

What a joke.

Insults and belittle. You are getting good at it
Abraham Lincoln

You haven't shown anything that indicates he ever stopped believing in man made climate change. In fact, despite your bizarre claim that you "posted his statement in total" you haven't actually posted anything he's said at all.

And you haven't attempted to back up your claim that he is now "reviled as a crackpot" by the GW community either.

So what'll it be, more unsubstantiated shit flinging, or post something of substance? The choice is yours.

:D:D

I posted a quote. You tell me?:D
Abraham Lincoln

>I guess he flops more than Kerry and Clinton then

Ah, thank god. A CDIF, just in time. You were close to having to reconsider something! Crisis averted.

Hillary not Bill, Bill:S

What a joke.

Insults and belittle. You are getting good at it

Since you're still here, why not answer the question I asked you in the other thread, about supplying a credible source for your claim concenring SUVs and highway deaths. You went VERY quiet in that thread after I asked for a source.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

In other threads on this topic you have claimed that published research by climatologists can't be trusted because they have a financial interest (through research grants) in promoting the hypothesis of human-caused global warming. In the interests of full disclosure, would you care to enlighten us about your relationship to Alliant Energy?

Don

I posted a quote. You tell me?

You posted a snippet of a quote of an un-named reporter talking about something that Hansen said (something that does not indicate he ever stopped believing in man made climate change). You obviously haven't "posted his statement in total" - you haven't posted any of his statement!

You also posted nothing whatsoever in support of your claim that he is "reviled as a nutjob" by the global warming community. Because you made it up.

I posted a quote. You tell me?

You posted a snippet of a quote of an un-named reporter talking about something that Hansen said (something that does not indicate he ever stopped believing in man made climate change). You obviously haven't "posted his statement in total" - you haven't posted any of his statement!

You also posted nothing whatsoever in support of your claim that he is "reviled as a nutjob" by the global warming community. Because you made it up.

I made nothing up pin head
http://www.heartland.org/Article.cfm?artId=9638
Abraham Lincoln

Less hype more fact and yes I know, some of the postings here do not support my position but at least there is less bias here

http://www.co2science.org/scripts/CO2ScienceB2C/Index.jsp
Abraham Lincoln

Ok rush, I'll make this really, really simple for you, because you still don't seem to comprehend what's happening here.

You said that Hansen is now "reviled as a nut case" by the GW community. You have not posted a single shred of evidence that he is "reviled as a nut case" by anyone in the GW community. I say that you simply made it up that he is "reviled as a nut case" by the GW community. So, would you care to show any GW organisation that "reviles him as a nut case"?

You also don't seem to comprehend that none of your sources indicate that Hansen ever stopped believing in man made GW, only that he now believes that CFC's, diesel particulates, NOx and coal soot are bigger culprits than CO2. Now, unless you don't think that humans produce a lot of these substances then I don't know how you can suggest that Hansen has stopped believing in man made W.

Ok rush, I'll make this really, really simple for you, because you still don't seem to comprehend what's happening here.

You said that Hansen is now "reviled as a nut case" by the GW community. You have not posted a single shred of evidence that he is "reviled as a nut case" by anyone in the GW community. I say that you simply made it up that he is "reviled as a nut case" by the GW community. So, would you care to show any GW organisation that "reviles him as a nut case"?

You also don't seem to comprehend that none of your sources indicate that Hansen ever stopped believing in man made GW, only that he now believes that CFC's, diesel particulates, NOx and coal soot are bigger culprits than CO2. Now, unless you don't think that humans produce a lot of these substances then I don't know how you can suggest that Hansen has stopped believing in man made W.

No, I said he was (at the time). Iwill admit that I did not know how his story have evolved.

so, you called me a liar and I called you ass on it.

You said I made shit up and I called your ass on that too. Grow up>:(
Abraham Lincoln