penniless

Musharraf "truly is somebody who believes in democracy" - Bush

Bush is having wet dreams wishing he could do the same.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Bush is having wet dreams wishing he could do the same.

Beat me to it!

Re: the smoking question, I'd bet he's smoking Paki Hashish. They used to be famous for it.
---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Honestly, though, I have an idea about the prez praising him, but I need to read a bit first. It's got something to do with the reason Musharraf wants to stay in office.

Also, is it possible that Musharraf, by forcing himself into office for another 5 years might be the only way to ensure that Pakistan's democratic government will remain a democracy and not be torn down and replaced with one hostile US interests as well as to those of the Pakistanis.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Musharraf "truly is somebody who believes in democracy" - Bush

Yeah right.. I guess in his mind he believes in it too...just the same way Mushy believes in it... but past performance shows he is more on track with Pervez ....

I guess we will see what sort of "attacks" will happen here in the USA

WTF? Bush said this on 21st November, several weeks into Pakistan's martial law.

What is Bush smoking?

Well, you've seen Bush's version of constitutional rights. By such a perspective, yeah, that guy really believes in democracy. He didn't kill her, right? Just jailed her at home.

Are you aware that Paki is to Asians what Nigger is to black people? GWB used the term on TV and then had to appologise, LMFAO:D

When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Are you aware that Paki is to Asians what Nigger is to black people? GWB used the term on TV and then had to appologise, LMFAO:D

No, I wasn't aware of that because Paki isn't used as a racial slur in the US. As it turns out, Paki was a benign term until the ~1960's, when it was developed into a racial slur by the British (Way to go!!), and is in most common use as a slur in the UK and Canada.

As a double check, I called a Pakistani nuclear engineer friend this morning and told him how I had used the term in the forums. He laughed,explained that outside of the UK it's not considered an insult unless clearly intended that way, and then said to tell you to "go pound sand in your ass", which I won't do.

Re Bush's use of the term, I didn't know about it. Don't care either. The "controversy" was artificially generated by a hostile press.

Cute post though. I bet you impressed someone other than yourself. Cherish rare memories like that.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG