misaltas

Iran: US Army, CIA are terrorists

CNN article says in part:

The Iranian parliament on Saturday voted to designate the United States' Central Intelligence Agency and the U.S. Army as terrorist organizations, IRNA, the country's state-run news agency, reported.
The Iranian lawmakers' condemnation was in apparent retaliation for the U.S. Senate's resolution Wednesday requesting that the United States designate Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps, or Quds Force, as a foreign terrorist organization.

Just me? Or sound to anyone else like a 6-years old's game of "I know what you are but what am I?" Great. International relations reduced to rubber-and-glue.

Think!!! Any country in their right mind, and interested in their own defense is going to try to involve themselves in an extremely destabilized situation right next door. It makes sense that they're going to want the situation to go their way.

If a world superpower 5x US strength and from the other hemisphere were completely deployed throughout Canada, and rattling their sabres and telling the US what kinds of weapons or energy production it can and cannot have, you can bet the US wouldn't sit quietly.

Kennedy Doctine, Monroe Doctine?

Iran's involved in Iraq? No surprise. Quite frankly I have no idea why they try to deny it.
Ohne Liebe sind wir nichts

It's not surprising at all. Just read up on Iran's history and the CIA. They have all the right to be suspicious of our intentions in the middle east, especially when the CIA is involved. How would we feel if a foreign agency orchestrated a coup d'etat some 50 years ago and installed a puppet government.

It's not surprising at all. Just read up on Iran's history and the CIA. They have all the right to be suspicious of our intentions in the middle east, especially when the CIA is involved. How would we feel if a foreign agency orchestrated a coup d'etat some 50 years ago and installed a puppet government.

Speaking of reading up on Iran's history, Operation Ajax was a British plan. The US apparently formally apologized in 2000 for its role (which it took the lead, how and why that got sold to us I don't know).
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

>Just me? Or sound to anyone else like a 6-years old's game of
>"I know what you are but what am I?"

It is indeed, and has been for some time now.

>Quite frankly I have no idea why they try to deny it.

PR. Same reason we deny our involvement in such things.

Iran: US Army, CIA are terrorists

I think they kinda have a point...

Not terrorists as in "lets pinch this here 767 and fly it into a building" terrorists but they are terrorising people. Without getting into a huge debate they condone the Israeli acts of terror, they supported Sadam Hussein until they got what they wanted, the trained the Mujahadeen until they got what they wanted, they trained Osama bin Laden until they got what they wanted...its happening before our very eyes. They even pushed Israel into bombing Lebanon last year so they could see the effect of that kind of attack which the US plan to use on Iran. They want the world to be painted Red White and Blue and unfortunately unless someone stops them, its looking likely to happen.
To know requires proof
To believe requires evidence
To have faith requires neither.
If you stick with that, we'll never be confused again

Your statement is hardly a shock to me.

I think you would have handed over Thomas Jefferson to the brits.

I've been waiting for someone to provide a counter argument for Iran's statement. And sadly, I'm still waiting. It's going to take decades to undo the damage that has been done to our credibility over the last few years.

Uniformed soldiers in a standing army are not terrorists.

They are acting upon orders given by a lawfully elected government, and cannot be tried as terrorists and that is backed up by the laws regarding warfare.

Fail to wear a uniform, hide amongst the population and seek to engage non military targets and you then are a terrorist.

Uniformed soldiers in a standing army are not terrorists.

They are acting upon orders given by a lawfully elected government, and cannot be tried as terrorists and that is backed up by the laws regarding warfare.

Fail to wear a uniform, hide amongst the population and seek to engage non military targets and you then are a terrorist.

Not to take a side in a debate I haven't really thought through as of yet, but didn't WE declare the elite guard of the uniformed, Iranian Army a terrorist organization?
"I gargle no man's balls..." ussfpa on SOCNET

Sure if Thomas Jefferson

- murdered innocent people
- committed genocide
- broke international laws (if they existed then)
- invaded sovereign countries

I would consider him a terrorist, however by definition the British empire were also abhorrently terrorist in action so I would probably hand him over to an as yet non-existent world court.

You will have to pin point exactly why I would do this though given that I had a broader history education and didn't have to memorize the achievements of Thomas Jefferson for 12 years ala the U.S school system.

It's going to take decades to undo the damage that has been done to our credibility over the last few years.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the School of the Americas didn't help to begin with... :Sif that were the beginning...:(

> Uniformed soldiers in a standing army are not terrorists.

So the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps are not terrorists?

>Fail to wear a uniform, hide amongst the population and seek to
>engage non military targets and you then are a terrorist.

So CIA operatives working in Iran are terrorists?

The word "terrorist" has been overused so much by politicians, the media and by pundits that it has become essentially meaningless. "Terrorist" now means "any enemy we really despise" and is used primarily to justify reactionary behavior. It's replaced the 60's "communist" and the 50's "fascist" labels as the general-purpose descriptor of "bad and scary."