quade

Ahmadinejad Ghoul Pool

612?

Ok, maybe not "Skull and Bones" per se, but can you imagine the furor and rumor and conspiracy mill that will surround his death IF he gets offed by a "Jack Ruby"?

You'd have to get Cheney to do it. He's the only one I know who can elicit an apology from a shooting victim.:ph34r:

How many people think he just might not get home alive either at the hand of some "Jack Rubyesque" idiot or as a plot by the "illuminati" to start the war in Iran?

I wish, but I dont see that happening.
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer

but I dont see that happening.

Which is a great thing. Vigilantism is a big sign of society falling apart. It means people are unwilling and unable to differentiate justice from revenge. It also indicates a childish lack of impulse control.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

How many people think he just might not get home alive either at the hand of some "Jack Rubyesque" idiot or as a plot by the "illuminati" to start the war in Iran?

for plausible deniability, it won't happen till the plane takes off to head over the Atlantic.

You mean kind of like how WWI got started? That would suck. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

It would make the Iranians squeal, but what else could they do? Are they going to attack a US base? I don't think so; they are not that stupid. Are they going to provide arms for Americas enemies in Iraq; The horse is already out of that barn.
The comparison with WWI doesn't quite work; If the Austrians had assassinated a Serbian or a Bosnian that wouldn't have started the war. It had to be the big power that was the aggrieved party, likewise for this situation.
I do think it would be the end of the UN. The non-aligned countries would insist that the US is unsuitable to host it if they cannot provide protection for their rivals. If it got moved the US would undoubtedly demand that the funding schedule be revised, and it would all fall apart.

I do think it would be the end of the UN. The non-aligned countries would insist that the US is unsuitable to host it if they cannot provide protection for their rivals. If it got moved the US would undoubtedly demand that the funding schedule be revised, and it would all fall apart.

There's probably a downside to that, can't imagine what it could be though. :|

but I dont see that happening.

Which is a great thing. Vigilantism is a big sign of society falling apart. It means people are unwilling and unable to differentiate justice from revenge. It also indicates a childish lack of impulse control.

Agreed. I dont like him, but heaven forbid anything happens to him on American soil. It would not only be catastrophic but a huge slap on our face. I'm glad he's here and he spoke at Columbia, although the way the Uni Pres treated him was disgraceful. Let Ahmadinejad talk as much as he wants and prove to the world that he really is a fool. Who was it that said, 'Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt.'

It would more likely be Jack "Ryan-esque" but hopefully the US is doing everything possible to protect the guy.
The fallout aside from any conspiracy theories, would be horrific. Our trust factor would drop from near zero to below zero.

It would more likely be Jack "Ryan-esque" but hopefully the US is doing everything possible to protect the guy.
The fallout aside from any conspiracy theories, would be horrific. Our trust factor would drop from near zero to below zero.

Just as surely as Mayor Bloomberg has sworn Ahmadinejad won't be going downtown to Ground Zero, he's also not going to let the guy get plugged in his Big Apple. They're still embarrassed over John Lennon, but then of course they actually MISS Lennon.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

It would make the Iranians squeal, but what else could they do? ...

Probably blockade the Strait of Hormuz. Cutting off 20% of the world's oil supply (aka. "our interests in the region" in Bushspeak) will piss off some people. Our carrier groups aren't hanging around the area just to give Cheney a place to rattle his saber.