Darius11

Draft dodgers Cowards, brave or other

As long as there isn't a draft, only people who believe in a war will sign up. No one has to "dodge" anything if they don't believe in it.

Unfortunately most people who join are in middle to low income families who need money for school.This statement has been debunked so many times it is crazy even to post it any more
I think for some it might not be that they believe in war but that they want a better life and this is the only way they see of achieving it.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Why does everyone just want to "suck up" the statement that those in the military sign up because they are poor and feel they have no choice?? This Left Wing talking point is discusting>:(

http://www.heritage.org/Research/NationalSecurity/cda05-08.cfm

Abraham Lincoln

From YOUR last source

Over the past decade, the Active Component met its overall recruiting goals
more frequently than has the Reserve Component. GAO found that a
combination of personal, demographic, family, and societal factors, as well as
the availability of economic and educational incentives, influence youths’
decision to join or not to join the military. DOD reports that over half of
today’s youth are not qualified to serve because they cannot meet the
military’s entry standards for health, education, aptitude, or other
requirements. DOD has not collected information on a recruit’s
socioeconomic status since 1999. Recent DOD research using recruits’ zip
codes as a proxy to indicate socioeconomic status and community population
density found that the median income of recruits’ communities is similar to
that of other youth and that the majority of recruits come from rural and
suburban areas.
Without ongoing research on recruits’ socioeconomic status
and communities, DOD will not be able to promptly and accurately inform
Congress and the public about how representation in the services matches
that of the applicable U.S. population.

Most of the troops that have been going to Iraq for quite a while have been reserve and national guard units.

Most rural areas are not as robust economically as large urban areas

I also think it takes courage to refuse to serve, and to stay in the country and do the jail time under law. (vs running away and hiding in another country.)

Mohamed Ali

Mr. Clay could have served like Arthur Ashe: away from combat. He could have been a real morale booster to the troops, but he thought otherwise. Too bad.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

I also think it takes courage to refuse to serve, and to stay in the country and do the jail time under law. (vs running away and hiding in another country.)

Mohamed Ali

Mr. Clay could have served like Arthur Ashe: away from combat. He could have been a real morale booster to the troops, but he thought otherwise. Too bad.

The name is Ali, and he did serve. He served his beliefs. With as much or more courage and conviction as anyone who served in Viet Nam. He surely could have gone the Elvis route, but he put his money where his mouth was. A true patriot, and I'm sure you'll never get it

Good day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR3mJzlyyrU

Mohamed Ali

The name is Ali, and he did serve. He served his beliefs. With as much or more courage and conviction as anyone who served in Viet Nam. He surely could have gone the Elvis route, but he put his money where his mouth was. A true patriot, and I'm sure you'll never get it

Good day

Nope. Clay's actions did not measure up to that of the young black soldiers I had the privilege of serving with.

Ali made several points which many fail to see or understand. He said several times that why should he go and fight for rights in Vietnam when Blacks here in the states were discriminated against. Like he said once, "No vietcong ever called me a Nigger." I find it absurd that so many would blindly go to war and risk their lives rather than stand up and question our government and its decisions for going to war.

Mohamed Ali

Good day

You stated it perfectly. Only himself was served[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

Cassius Clay is definately not a patriot.

Doing something such as dodging the draft and missing a few fights while in jail was definately not patriotic.

Yeah he was soooo opressed, being wealthy and using race as an excuse to not serve when called was disgraceful to all americans, and all american soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines, and a huge insult to all of those who served, and were black.

A Tuskeegee Aiman, he was not.

I guess some people thought Eddie Slovak was a Patriot as well.[:/]

In fact, Slovak may have been a braver man.

Mohamed Ali

Good day

There may be some people out there that give a rats ass about your opinion. I'm not one of them. So please go play your grammar school word games with someone else.

Doing something such as dodging the draft and missing a few fights while in jail was definately not patriotic.

Yeah he was soooo opressed, being wealthy and using race as an excuse to not serve when called was disgraceful to all americans, and all american soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines, and a huge insult to all of those who served, and were black.

I won't bother to point out what a steaming pile of bullshit your response is. Far be it from me to cure someones ignorance.

Mohamed Ali

He could have, but then he would have been enabling an immoral war instead of opposing it.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Mohamed Ali

Good day

There may be some people out there that give a rats ass about your opinion. I'm not one of them. So please go play your grammar school word games with someone else.

Do you always fling PA's when someone posts a point you can not counter?
Abraham Lincoln

Mohamed Ali

Good day

Ohhh my pussy hurts!!!

You made no point. You like to play kiddie word games, and act like it's a rational argument. A simple statement of fact. No more no less.

Mohamed Ali

Good day

Ohhh my pussy hurts!!!

You made no point. You like to play kiddie word games, and act like it's a rational argument. A simple statement of fact. No more no less.

:D

Made my point again I see. Thanks:)
Abraham Lincoln

Mohamed Ali

Good day

Ohhh my pussy hurts!!!

:D

Made my point again I see. Thanks:)

Kiddie word games again I see. You prove my point, thanks. No gay ass emoticon added

Mohamed Ali

He could have, but then he would have been enabling an immoral war instead of opposing it.

That's right. Take it out on the troops. You "sunshine patriots" have been around from G. Washington's war, Lincoln's war, Truman's war etc., etc. Thankfully you are a minority.

I won't bother to point out what a steaming pile of bullshit your response is. Far be it from me to cure someones ignorance.

Well instead of merely trying to bash my response, maybe you would like to clearly state your position, and offer facts in arguments against what I have said.

Otherwise you just sound like a whiner.