vortexring

Is Bin Laden dead?

Here's a link to the article:

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/index.php?menuID=2&subID=942&WT.srch=1

Would his confirmed death actually be of any significance on the 'war on terror?'

I doubt it. Perhaps this much older article from the Washington post explains dealing with one aspect;

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08/11/AR2006081101399.html

But ultimately, some hard rethinking has to be done to achieve the goals our Western Governments are chasing. Wish I knew what they were though......

Anyone got an idea?

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

I asked my son serving in Afghanistan about that and his response clarifiiied it for me.

Does it matter? He's spent or lost most of his fortune, he is disowned by his family and he is hinding in caves with a multi million dollar bounty on his head. He probably wished he was dead with his 2K virgins.

steveOrino

I kind of figured it doesn't matter whether he's alive or dead in the grand scheme of things.

I do wonder what the grand scheme of things are though.

Hope your boy keeps safe.

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

Thanks, I often wonder if anyone has a big picture. From the outside looking in it seldom looks as though we do. However, I remember back in the late 70s I had a good idea of why I (SF) did what what we did, but I doubt if anyone outside SF had a clue.

steveOrino

No he isn't dead I saw him just yesterday, he's working in Brick lane in a chippy. They had to get someone new as Elvis left tp pursue alternative employment and Lord Lucan went traveling to New Zealand.:P

When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Maybe it's simply; America (and her supporters) wish to remain, if not increase, their power and influence throughout the world.

It's the moral aspects that bother me, from the lies and hypocracy amidst all the thousands upon thousands of deaths, to the whole reasons for the lies in the first place.

Who wants to die for a lie?

I was thinking the same thing before I read this post......I was reading a report about how the CIA missed clues concerning at least two of the 911 operatives.........I think Bin Ladin is probably dead or he is hiding in the mountains of western China and the Prez just cannot get to him and wants to avoid the political grief of calling them out. Regardless, AQ still have power.[:/]

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

I hope we take him alive. I'd hate to make a martyr out of him.
As with Sadaam, I think there would be much value in parading him before the cameras as we send him through the legal system.
Then, we legally kill him and bury him with a football.;)

"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

You got it....

Not wishing to rain on your parade, but the NFL's official footballs are made of premium cowhide leather. According to the NCAA, college teams also use leather footballs, but they're a little bit smaller than NFL balls.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

You got it....

Not wishing to rain on your parade, but the NFL's official footballs are made of premium cowhide leather. According to the NCAA, college teams also use leather footballs, but they're a little bit smaller than NFL balls.

Does this mean the joke is no longer funny?