mnealtx

Nope, the 'surge' sure isn't working, is it?

Go cherry picking. You can stain your fingers...

pick pick pick pick

But, that is what your favorite news sources do so I should not be surprised

Paging kallend...can we get an irony score on this one please?

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Go cherry picking. You can stain your fingers...

pick pick pick pick

But, that is what your favorite news sources do so I should not be surprised

Paging kallend...can we get an irony score on this one please?

17.5 out of 10.

Sorry I'm not around much recently. In Hawaii, went surfing today (surf's high thanks to Flossie).

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I really want you to understand this so read it carefully.

It's THE headline on every major news source right this moment with the exception of FoxNews and Drudge.

What does that tell you?

http://www.bbc.co.uk
http://www.reuters.com/
http://news.yahoo.com/

I know what it tells me.

I never said it was not a major headline. My point is more that you will post the "minor" story coming from the region to help you feel better about your position. The MAJOR story coming from dam dear all news sources is the surge is, at present working. You going to post any of that?? I thought not................Sorry to burst your bubble

pick pick pick .............

On the basis of population, 175 dead in an Iraqi bombing is equivalent to some 2,000 dead in terrorist attack in the US. While you apparently consider it a "minor" story, I doubt many others would.

Hopefully act as a deterrent against similarly ill advised activities. And maybe to hold those responsible accountable for their actions. I won't hold my breath for that last one.

I would put everyone who supports George and Dicks Excellent Misadventure in Iraq in uniform and put thier asses over there. And Dick and his minions can run things from the Green Zone in Bahgdad too.

Only if you include the Congresscritters that say "I support the troops" out of one side of their mouths, while lobbying to cut their funding with the other side.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

<>
Absolutely nothing wrong with that and other people feel the same about theirs to.

<< All of these are being valued by our presense in Iraq.>>
You really do belive that don't you?

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

<>
Absolutely nothing wrong with that and other people feel the same about theirs to.

"I can't believe that!" said Alice.

"Can't you?" the queen said in a pitying tone. "Try again, draw a long breath, and shut your eyes."

Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said. "One can't believe impossible things."

"I dare say you haven't had much practice," said the queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

Only if you include the Congresscritters that say "I support the troops" out of one side of their mouths, while lobbying to cut their funding with the other side.

What about the Congresscritters who appropriate money in the name of the troops but spend it on cost plus contracts for companies who blow up trucks instead of changing a tire while simultaneously stating that we don't have enough money to provide armor for a troop carrier?

I really want you to understand this so read it carefully.

It's THE headline on every major news source right this moment with the exception of FoxNews and Drudge.

What does that tell you?

http://www.bbc.co.uk
http://www.reuters.com/
http://news.yahoo.com/

I know what it tells me.

I never said it was not a major headline. My point is more that you will post the "minor" story coming from the region to help you feel better about your position. The MAJOR story coming from dam dear all news sources is the surge is, at present working. You going to post any of that?? I thought not................Sorry to burst your bubble

pick pick pick .............

On the basis of population, 175 dead in an Iraqi bombing is equivalent to some 2,000 dead in terrorist attack in the US. While you apparently consider it a "minor" story, I doubt many others would.

It is all realative now is it not?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

What about the Congresscritters who appropriate money in the name of the troops but spend it on cost plus contracts for companies who blow up trucks instead of changing a tire while simultaneously stating that we don't have enough money to provide armor for a troop carrier?

I'm not getting into the 'not enough armor' argument, I've rebutted it enough times. I'd appreciate a cite to these trucks being blown up, however.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>I dont even try so, claim the win and keep on trucking

Good for you! Shut down that ol' critical thinking stuff and keep reading Newsmax and FOX. Do whatever it takes to keep from trying. The world is surely simpler that way.

:|

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

I'm not getting into the 'not enough armor' argument, I've rebutted it enough times. I'd appreciate a cite to these trucks being blown up, however.

Some stuff that was banned from Congressional testimony:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cJlJudDtVE

And Jack Kingston's (GA) response to blatant war profiteering is to accuse Greenwald of being against someone making a profit and to...well....just watch it for yourself. It's priceless in a disgusting sort of way.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsNM5zbe4Pk

I'm guessing that's C-Span captures or something? I can't access youtube from over here. I figured you had GAO reports, something concrete like that.

Just video interviews with Halliburton employees and soldiers who talk and provide video about blowing up trucks instead of changing a flat, burning brand new computers because they had ordered the wrong ones, forcing soldiers to use KBR's $100/bag laundry service, and a representative who thinks that it's an example of capitalism at it's finest.

GAO would have been all over that.... sure that's not more Beauchamp type 'reporting'?

No way in HELL that KBR is getting $100/bag for laundry... hell, they're getting something like 30 cents a day/person for food here in Kosovo...
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

GAO would have been all over that.... sure that's not more Beauchamp type 'reporting'?

No way in HELL that KBR is getting $100/bag for laundry... hell, they're getting something like 30 cents a day/person for food here in Kosovo...

Do the number of meals match the number of people?
Rory Mayberry, a former food production manager for the Halliburton subsidiary Kellogg, Brown & Root, testified at the hearing that the company routinely overpaid for staples such as tomatoes and bacon by importing the food from Philadelphia instead of using local suppliers overseas and in the region. Mayberry said that in early 2004, the company ordered enough food to prepare 20,000 meals every day at one US base in Iraq even though it was serving only 10,000 of them a day.

''When I questioned these practices, the managers told me this needed to be done because KBR lost money in prior months, when the government suspended some of the dining-hall payments to the company," said Mayberry, who testified via videotape from Iraq, where he is now working for another private company.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2005/06/28/audit_questions_14b_in_halliburton_bills/
http://www.senate.gov/~schumer/SchumerWebsite/pressroom/record.cfm?id=265222&

>the 'surge' sure isn't working . . .

--------------
Hospital officials in northwestern Iraq have reported that the death toll from Tuesday's blasts in Qahataniya may exceed 300, making the multiple suicide bombings the deadliest terrorist operation in the country since the fall of Saddam Hussein. One hospital is saying that there are at least 500 bodies and that 375 people are injured. That report, however, cannot yet be verified. The only previous occasion when the toll from concerted attacks has exceeded 200 was last November, when six car-bombs in Baghdad's Sadr City killed 215 people. If the toll in the Qataniya incident grows, it could become the worst terrorist incident since al-Qaeda's September 11, 2001 attack on the U.S. (The Beslan massacre in Russia in September 2004 came to approximately 330, about half of the total children).

Since then, the massive "surge" of U.S. and Iraqi troops in and around Baghdad has made the Iraqi capital safer than before from such bombings — but terrorist groups have stepped up attacks elsewhere. There have been a number of attacks in northern Iraq, which had enjoyed a long spell of peace before the start of the "surge."
-------------

The only possible answer - another surge! Get those terrorists to move back to Baghdad. THEN we'll see some real progress.

Edited to add - Iraqi officials now say the death toll is over 500. The surge sure is showing some results.

>the 'surge' sure isn't working . . .

Edited to add - Iraqi officials now say the death toll is over 500. The surge sure is showing some results.

AP. A day after the deadliest attack, rescuers used bare hands and shovels to claw through clay houses shattered by an onslaught of suicide bombings that killed at least 250 and possibly as many as 500 members of an ancient religious sect.

In relative terms based on population size, this is worse than the 9/11 attacks.

We have to sign in with our badge numbers for KBR to get paid, so I'm *reasonably* sure it would be a close match, although I don't have hard numbers.

I appreciate the links, I'll check them later this morning.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

<>

"I can't believe that!" said Alice.

"Can't you?" the queen said in a pitying tone. "Try again, draw a long breath, and shut your eyes."

Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said. "One can't believe impossible things."

"I dare say you haven't had much practice," said the queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

Best response of the thread!!!
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

We have to sign in with our badge numbers for KBR to get paid, so I'm *reasonably* sure it would be a close match, although I don't have hard numbers.

I appreciate the links, I'll check them later this morning.

The fraud in government contracts is by no means a new thing. Most of the large contractors have all been busted repeatedly for it yet they continue to be re-hired. I think it's simply looked at as a cost of doing business. You get a multi billion dollar contract, over bill, and if you get busted you pay a few million in fines. No biggie. And I'd say that cost plus contracts are especially susceptible.
But it's not just the feds. We got screwed here at work with parking. They hired someone and paid them $1200/parking space for scraping and putting down some gravel on an already level and cleared grass area (then they raised our parking fees). I could have done it in a weekend, by myself, for a small fraction of the cost. But I work for the State and the rules preclude that option.