Darius11

Question for the gun guys/gals. (Non-political question)

Practice mag changes and hitting a target after push ups or after running around your car 10 times.

Adrenaline needs to be controlled.

Practice headshots, you do not always get center mass opportuninty, and there may be a hostage involved.

Tell your cohabitants that if held and gunpoint to simply fall to the floor as hard as they can, take the shot.

Also train your family to properly use firearms, you may not always be home.

I would never want to have the weapons turned on them.

Adrenaline needs to be controlled.

Practice headshots, you do not always get center mass opportuninty, and there may be a hostage involved.

Thats why you should be shooting center of VISABLE mass. anything that sticks out is a target and if hit alows time and reaction to better position for followup shots.

part of succesfull reaction under stress is train like you are going to fight. I've seen it happen first hand in a reaction situation that people react how they train and that can have deadly concuences. Habbits picked up and repeted as routine tend happen automiticly under stress.
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

00 buck will go right through my wall and into my neighbor's place, probably.

You are quite right there, as odds are that the shot will still be in the cup when it hits the first wall, which guarantees penetration, even through a stud. When a hypothetical person chooses a shotgun for home defense, I hypothetically recommend #4 birdshot. I hypothetically recommend against .223, because hypoothetically there's no stopping one of those until it exits one hypothetical apartment building and is halfway through the next one.

It's too bad that PolyShok is not available for general sale, as it is the best of both worlds. (it hits like a slug, will not penetrate much of anything, and has recoil of a light birdshot load)
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

DO NOT EVER SHOOT RELOADS IN A GLOCK

having said that, I see no reason for it to have a FTF.

some ammunition is notorius for having failures.

when you have a FTF does it make a pop?
Is there a dent in the primer?

When it failed to hold open it may have been due to insufficient charge of powder in the loaded round.

What brand, and if possible, lot number?

I SERIOUSLY beg to differ on this point. I shoot reloads all the time out of my 21C with no issues. The only way a reload could cause a problem in a Glock, or any other firearm for that matter, would be poor reloading technique. The Glock, along with other auto handguns, has a somewhat unsupported chamber to allow reliable feeding. In higher pressure cartridges, such as the 9mm, a small bulge will be present on the fired case. If this bulge isn't removed during the resizing part of reloading, a malfunction may result. If you're shooting range reloads, they may not be taking precautions to eliminate this bulge when resizing.

As for the other issues, magazines have been mentioned, but I'd bet that the recoil spring in is probably the culprit. Most of the Glock problems I've seen personally while competing came from folks experimenting with that spring, both in length and tension. Install a new one, thoroughly clean the weapon and mags, then fire some factory fmj round nose ammo through it. It should function fine.

One final point, on a relatively high pressure round like the 9mm, don't ever, ever shoot plain lead bullets in the stock barrel. FMJ, ok, plated, ok, plain lead, no no. At the higher velocity of high pressure rounds, plain lead will foul the barrel leading to higher pressures and a possible kb (kaboom for the non Glockers) as the unsupported part of the brass ruptures sending high pressure hot gas down the mag well and possibly wrecking the gun.