turtlespeed

This sucks - police violence again.

I am all for police using force to contain a situation, when necessary, but these are kids and it wasn't neccessary! WTF?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Dude, seriously, the main reason I am not really fond of cops.

I can see if the kids are banging their boards on a car, or something radical, but from what I see they just did some backtalking.

You grab a girl like that in front of me, you better fucking watch out. I don't care if you do have a badge!!!!!
Skymama's #2 stalker -

standard dick with a badge and a gun approach in this country...we're ALL criminals when the cops are involved. use of heavy force is the standard approach now...didn't you see the 'roid dealing doctor's office raid by the FBI on tv this past weekend? WHY do you need assault weapons at a Dr's office????? Cops are NOT our friends...EVER!
The cops and the courts have WAY more power than our founding leaders ever intended...we have become a police state in the US - did we trade places with communism somehow???:S

I disagree somewhat.

I'm not going to lump a stereo type on to the cops because there are a few bad apples. MOST cops are there doing their best to do what is right.

This guy just needs to be on parking duty and moved farther away from the population of humanity.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Counting down..

Hello SC

Nah... the mods would just delete this, there's already a thread on this over there.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I am all for police using force to contain a situation, when necessary, but these are kids and it wasn't neccessary! WTF?

OK, so I agree that there are many cops out there who abuse their power... Unfortunately, the job seems to attract the sort of person who is obsessed with controlling others. However, there are many cops who really want to protect and serve the public.
With respect to this incident, I'd have to see what happened before they started recording to get a better idea of what was really happening. As far as we know those kids could have been taunting that cop for a decent amount of time. Who knows what they were saying/doing... At some point any cop is going to react.
Gravity Waits for No One.

yep, you're right .. verbal taunting by teenagers should always be meet with extreme physical violence. especially when you're 3 to 4 times their size.[:/]
:S
you did see the way he threw them to the ground, right?????
what message could that possibly send to teenagers???????
not a parent???

yep, you're right .. verbal taunting by teenagers should always be meet with extreme physical violence. especially when you're 3 to 4 times their size.[:/]
not a parent???

I agree to some degree, but try to look at it from this perspective... There were, although weaker and smaller than the officer, many more potential combatants in very close proximity to the officer. Not that it gives an excuse for being so rough, but I can see how he might have over reacted due to the circumstances. I was playing the devil's advocate... It's also very possible that he's a total asshole and was actually hoping he'd be able to arrest children that day. My main point was that without seeing the events that led up to his reaction, it's difficult to make a 100% accurate determination of how out-of-line his actions were.
Also, no, I'm not a cop and I'd never want to be one... One reason why is that there's definitely a wide (although not completely accurate) perception that all cops are assholes. I've met some that are and some that aren't.
Gravity Waits for No One.

I disagree somewhat.

I'm not going to lump a stereo type on to the cops because there are a few bad apples. MOST cops are there doing their best to do what is right.

This guy just needs to be on parking duty and moved farther away from the population of humanity.

Parking duty is NOT far away from humanity. Example: The week after my surgery I timed my meter carefully and put in 30 minutes of quarters. I was walking fast back to the car and the police office saw the bandage on my foot and heard me say, "I'm right here sir!" I was literally three feet away when the green clicked to red on the meter. He then wrote me the ticket ignoring me as if I wasn't there, didn't even acknowledge me as I tried to explain why I wasn't moving so fast. Didn't even look at me.

That guy in the clip is be bad but I think there are enough assholes in charge of parking violations as it is.
K- sorry for the hijack. :P

Extreme physical violence? Where? If someone's the victim of extreme physical violence, they're spending time in the hospital. I doubt any of those kids needed a band-aid.

Threw them to the ground? You mean at 2:07 when the kid yelled "What the fuck is wrong (with you?)?", made a lame-ass attempt to charge the cop, the cop grabbed him, and they fell over because the other cop pulled him back by the shirt?

Yeah, that was, uh, real vicious.

not a parent???

I'm guessing they won't go skateboarding there again.

As far as the cop goes, he did have an attitude which was wrong one to get the kids the comply with what he wanted them to do. Frankly, he was being a dick. But then again, conveniently for the skateboarders, we don't have the video of what led up to this.

--Head
--
Turn off the internet! Join Citizens United Negating Technology For Life And People's Safety!

http://www.citizensunitednegatingtechnology.org/

Extreme physical violence? Where? If someone's the victim of extreme physical violence, they're spending time in the hospital. I doubt any of those kids needed a band-aid.

Threw them to the ground? You mean at 2:07 when the kid yelled "What the fuck is wrong (with you?)?", made a lame-ass attempt to charge the cop, the cop grabbed him, and they fell over because the other cop pulled him back by the shirt?

Yeah, that was, uh, real vicious.

not a parent???

I'm guessing they won't go skateboarding there again.

As far as the cop goes, he did have an attitude which was wrong one to get the kids the comply with what he wanted them to do. Frankly, he was being a dick. But then again, conveniently for the skateboarders, we don't have the video of what led up to this.

--Head

I would - I'd go just to make a point - maybe the guy will be dealt with properly.

I hate stupid pigs....swine that is. Not good for the ol' arteries.

Anyway, cops aren't all that bad, are they?

Discuss. :P

Those that still have their Guy Card aren't.:|

:D:D:D:D

you were hit as a child weren't you?

:D:D:D

:P Na, I have heard some stories from other people though. :|

Anyway, when I first watched the video I was outraged like most others here were. Then I read some of the posts in the SC thread, took a step back, and watched the video again which changed my mind. I still think the cop was a jerk about it, but I don't think he should lose his job over this.

--Head
--
Turn off the internet! Join Citizens United Negating Technology For Life And People's Safety!

http://www.citizensunitednegatingtechnology.org/

Anyway, when I first watched the video I was outraged like most others here were. Then I read some of the posts in the SC thread, took a step back, and watched the video again which changed my mind. I still think the cop was a jerk about it, but I don't think he should lose his job over this.

--Head

Excessive force is excessive force.
Just like a shovel is a shovel

standard dick with a badge and a gun approach in this country...we're ALL criminals when the cops are involved. use of heavy force is the standard approach now...didn't you see the 'roid dealing doctor's office raid by the FBI on tv this past weekend? WHY do you need assault weapons at a Dr's office????? Cops are NOT our friends...EVER!
The cops and the courts have WAY more power than our founding leaders ever intended...we have become a police state in the US - did we trade places with communism somehow???

Damn cops, bastards all of them.:ph34r:
Kevin

Muff Brother #4041
Team Dirty Sanchez #467

--Head

The definition of "Excessive" is relevant to the situation.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

--Head

The definition of "Excessive" is relevant to the situation.

Yep, that by definition was not excessive force, whether he was a massive asshole or not. He used the necessary amount of force to subdue two physically aggressive people at the same time, after subduing someone who was resisting arrest. Hell, they had skateboards, which could have easily been turned into weapons.

I'm all for policing the police, but this is hardly an incident, if at all.

|>.Seriously, W.T.F. mate?