warpedskydiver

Wonderful day in Alqaeda's neighborhood

Quote:
"Soldiers from 5th IA said al Qaeda had cut the heads off the children. Had al Qaeda murdered the children in front of their parents? Maybe it had been the other way around: maybe they had murdered the parents in front of the children. Maybe they had forced the father to dig the graves of his children..."

Quote:

"Soldiers from 5th IA said al Qaeda had cut the heads off the children. Had al Qaeda murdered the children in front of their parents? Maybe it had been the other way around: maybe they had murdered the parents in front of the children. Maybe they had forced the father to dig the graves of his children..."

There are atrocities being carried out by both sides.
Coreece: "You sound like some skinheads I know, but your prejudice is with Christians, not niggers..."

Quote:

That is a pathetic cop-out. Your moral equivalence is disgusting. It is absolutely obvious to anyone that Al-Q is planting bombs to mame & murder innocents in vast numbers, in Africa, Indonesia, America, Iraq and anywhere else it can extend it's influence to. To equate that with anything on the other side takes an act of will. The murder of innocents is the M.O. of these barbarians.

Quote:

That is a pathetic cop-out. Your moral equivalence is disgusting. It is absolutely obvious to anyone that Al-Q is planting bombs to mame & murder innocents in vast numbers, in Africa, Indonesia, America, Iraq and anywhere else it can extend it's influence to. To equate that with anything on the other side takes an act of will. The murder of innocents is the M.O. of these barbarians.

It's a matter of perspective. The parents of Iraqi children killed by U.S. troops (intentionally or otherwise) still have children who are dead, and likely feel stronger hate towards the U.S. that you do towards "Al-Q".
Coreece: "You sound like some skinheads I know, but your prejudice is with Christians, not niggers..."

Quote:

In what universe did you think that up?

to equate that is immoral and dishonest.

We do not kill every last inhabitant, US soldiers take casualties avoiding such, and in many cases shielding the civilian population.

Your lack of proof of said atrocities carried out by US forces following lawful orders, removes all doubt from everyones mind as to the voracity of your claims.

Furthermore you are an obvious troll, and lack any honesty whatsoever, that is the only reason you post such vile lies.

Quote:

We do not kill every last inhabitant, US soldiers take casualties avoiding such, and in many cases shielding the civilian population.

Your lack of proof of said atrocities carried out by US forces following lawful orders, removes all doubt from everyones mind as to the voracity of your claims.

Furthermore you are an obvious troll, and lack any honesty whatsoever, that is the only reason you post such vile lies.

Actually I am totally honest - you simply cannot comprehend a point of view so apparently different to your own. The dishonesty is yours for being so blinkered.

The vitriol of your response suggests a fragile world-view that would be shattered should it consider for a second that all US forces are not paragons of virtue.

Quote:

HADITHA was an atrocity. I doubt the survivors care whether or not the orders were lawful.

An eye for an eye and soon the whole world is blind. M. Gandhi.

NEITHER side should be committing atrocities - PERIOD! We have no control over AQ but we do have control of ourselves.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Quote:

Actually I am totally honest - you simply cannot comprehend a point of view so apparently different to your own. The dishonesty is yours for being so blinkered.

The vitriol of your response suggests a fragile world-view that would be shattered should it consider for a second that all US forces are not paragons of virtue.

Some people have amazing blinders and filters. I once listened to a guy who swelled with pride at his military serviced for his country. He spoke in high phrases about his brothers in arms ...as they carried out genocide for the South African military.
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

HADITHA was an atrocity. I doubt the survivors care whether or not the orders were lawful.

NEITHER side should be committing atrocities - PERIOD! We have no control over AQ but we do have control of ourselves.

You know damned well that's the exception and is being investigated and prosecuted.

It's easy to sit back and say nobody should be committing attrocities Captain Obvious, (is that the kind of insight that earned you a professorship?). When you suspend all judgement and pretend there is some kind of equivalence you play right into the hands of Bin Laden and his butchers.

PERIOD!! (woohoo):S

You know damned well that's the exception and is being investigated and prosecuted.

It's easy to sit back and say nobody should be committing attrocities Captain Obvious, (is that the kind of insight that earned you a professorship?). When you suspend all judgement and pretend there is some kind of equivalence you play right into the hands of Bin Laden and his butchers.

PERIOD!! (woohoo):S

We have no control over AQ but we do have control of ourselves.

Professor: I agree with everything you are saying here, but please answer these questions:

1) Do you think that Al Quaeda and the United States Government are morally equivalent? Yes or no, please.

2) If you answered no, which side is superior?

Some people have amazing blinders and filters.

It really is disheartening to see how some people (supposedly educated people from Western societies) view our military, which has infrequent cases of atrocious behavior (which is usually prosecuted), as being on par with terrorist groups, who's standard tactic is resorting to barbaric, inhumane cruelty.

Reminds me of the saying about not being so open-minded that your brain falls out. :S

Alqaeda's has always been the enemy. It would be great if this administration and others remembers that.

As stated before Alqaeda hates everyone not just non Muslims but all that are not Alqaeda
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

We have no control over AQ but we do have control of ourselves.

And that control is being exercised, no thanks to your carping, Captain Obvious.

Over 30 years as an educator has taught me that the OBVIOUS is not always obvious to everyone.

Alqaeda's has always been the enemy. It would be great if this administration and others remembers that.

As stated before Alqaeda hates everyone not just non Muslims but all that are not Alqaeda

Darius, kid wicked would say that you and I are wrong, for he knows far more than we could possibly fathom

:D:D:D:D

Darius, kid wicked would say that you and I are wrong, for he knows far more than we could possibly fathom

:D:D:D:D

I understand what he is trying to say. I just don’t agree with him/her.
There is so many things going on in this war and so many angels it is very hard to make a blanket statement, but like most things intention is what determines most viewpoints.
I don’t think for one second (speaking of the majority) A US troop would drop a bomb wishing it would hit a school full of children, these fucks (Algaeda) however want to kill everything that’s not them
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Its not really a matter of which side is superior. Being less brutal and immoral than terrorists certainly does not equal moral and non-brutal.

Don't forget that while the whole Western world has no time for terrorists, the vast majority also see the USA as proponents of an illegal war.

I find the whole article sickening in that it is written as a propaganda mouthpiece of how wonderful the troops are. I would have preferred an article that just bashed the terrorists - not interleaved with self praise.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

I find the whole article sickening in that it is written as a propaganda mouthpiece of how wonderful the troops are. I would have preferred an article that just bashed the terrorists - not interleaved with self praise.

Question for you:
Can you imagine a situation in which the troops should be praised or is that not a possibility?

To be honest yes I can - however I don't see that an atrocity article should be laced with what I see as propaganda.

Remembering that the task of a soldier is to protect civilians while meeting the needs of its country, I think you will find that much "praise" is given by ardent supporters where a simple they were just doing their job is more appropriate.

Specific areas that I can say I see praise being due - 1) Supporting civilians above and beyond the call of duty.
2) "Heroic" action to save life either of fellow troops or civilians.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.