SkyChimp

:-) AMNESTY BILL Defeated :-) 53-46

Sales of 31 ft high ladders would skyrockt in Mexico...

Anyone ever see how OTHER countires in the world handle theior border issues???

Yes I have. That's why I said post border stations every so many miles. You could arm them with 50 cal. sniper rifles too.

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

I say we build the Great Wall of China from California thru Texas. Make it 30 feet high and have it constructed of thick iron. Make it electric and razor wires on top and post border patrol agent stations every so many miles. That would stop the further invasion, protect the habitat destroyed by the illegals, and save money in the long run. Think of it as an iron force field. Physical restraint is much more effective then legislative restraint.

That'd work!:D
Fine the crap out of all businesses who hire illegals. Take that money to pay for their ride back to their native country.

Chuck

How wide would you like this exclusionary zone of death to be??

I think some of the locals on this side of the border might has a bit of say in it as well..especially the rancher with the bovine pieces that might be flying all over.

My point by making such a suggestion was to show that when it comes to "the rubber meeting the road", the average person isn't prepared to stop the invasion. You see, I could have given some comfortable suggestion like more legislation and people would have said "that won't work" (which it wouldn't) but the other alternative, which is physical restraint at the border, gets shot down as well. You said in your earlier post that "31 ft ladders" would cover the border if we built a 30 foot iron barrier with border stations. You then said look at how other countries handle invasion and I responded in accordance with how those countries handle invasion. With physical force! Ever try to get past a Turkish border?? Yet, the sarcasm ran wild with your most recent post. The moral of the story is don't complain about illegal invasion if you aren't prepared to accept a solution which will actually work, even if it's a tough pill to swallow. Besides, if you put more thought to it, you would realize that illegal mexicans aren't stupid. The first time they see one of their amigos shot down from the top of the barrier they would think twice about proceeding. I don't think that their will for entrance to our country is as strong as our desire to debate in the speakers corner. ;)

Further more, don't think that more terrorist cells won't try to pass thru from the south like the mexican immigrants. Our national security is paramount!

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

I put that out there specifically to get a response.. I know what some other borders are like..but most of those are to keep their own populations IN.. not other people out.

I am sure some people would like to see the minefields... and gun towers.... I would err on the side of life.. and shut off the jobs... by penalizing OUR people who are benefitting from this invasion.. go after the employers.. make it VERY cost prohibitive for them to hire someone who is undocumented...

BUT

We also need to secure the borders from those not coming here to work...but to do us harm
Fences Sonic and motion detectors.. Border patrols....National Guard doing what they are supposed to do.. GUARD OUR NATION......instead of trying to keep two warring religious factions from killing each other... and getting in the crossfires of both of the Shia and Sunni nutjobs.

I am sure some people would like to see the minefields... and gun towers.... I would err on the side of life.. and shut off the jobs... by penalizing OUR people who are benefitting from this invasion.. go after the employers.. make it VERY cost prohibitive for them to hire someone who is undocumented..

I respect your point of view to side with life. I unfortunately don't think that our country has the luxury of entrusting our government to penalize employers thru the element of issuing fines as a deterrent for hiring illegal immigrants. After all, this same government is already penalizing the self employed by the current tax code, yet small business owners still find ways to exploit the loop holes to avoid such penalties. That just leaves the large corporations and they are the least of our concern because they are too far above the radar to cover up hiding illegals. Therefore, as much as we would like to believe that our government has "thoroughness and follow-up", they don't! They can't even tell us if we have 12 million or 20 million illegal immigrants. Again, a tough pill to swallow but effective.

I am sure some people would like to see the minefields... and gun towers.... I would err on the side of life.. and shut off the jobs... by penalizing OUR people who are benefitting from this invasion.. go after the employers.. make it VERY cost prohibitive for them to hire someone who is undocumented..

I respect your point of view to side with life. I unfortunately don't think that our country has the luxury of entrusting our government to penalize employers thru the element of issuing fines as a deterrent for hiring illegal immigrants. After all, this same government is already penalizing the self employed by the current tax code, yet small business owners still find ways to exploit the loop holes to avoid such penalties. That just leaves the large corporations and they are the least of our concern because they are too far above the radar to cover up hiding illegals. Therefore, as much as we would like to believe that our government has "thoroughness and follow-up", they don't! They can't even tell us if we have 12 million or 20 million illegal immigrants. Again, a tough pill to swallow but effective.

There is no way, the government or anyone else could keep count of illegals in this country. Not even turnstiles with counters on the foot trails would help. Amazon, I think, is on the right track with the idea of penalizing employers who hire illegals. Remove the 'need' for illegals and it would really help. We used to do that! Raids on businesses, also works. Put the 'fear' into employers.

Chuck

We can and will get over it

Yeah we will. But you'll be bitching about paying extra for everything from a simple burger to a hotel room. Bottom line is our economy needs them, and you also want to pay the least for food and services. Check this article out.

http://www.greeleytrib.com/article/20061226/NEWS/112230087&SearchID=73281214662644

Would you be willing to pay extra for food and services knowing that the labor used was legal? Bottom line to illegal labor is money. It saves a s*&tload of money and it's passed on to the consumers.

We can and will get over it

Yeah we will. But you'll be bitching about paying extra for everything from a simple burger to a hotel room. Bottom line is our economy needs them, and you also want to pay the least for food and services. Check this article out.

http://www.greeleytrib.com/article/20061226/NEWS/112230087&SearchID=73281214662644

Would you be willing to pay extra for food and services knowing that the labor used was legal? Bottom line to illegal labor is money. It saves a s*&tload of money and it's passed on to the consumers.

I would rather see that 'exra' going to a U.S. citizen rather than to an illegal who sends a large amount of their earnings back to Mexico. How much of that money comes back? Besides, businesses will look for any excuse to raise prices anyhow and call it 'Free Enterprise'!

Chuck

I dont have a problem with that.... we can start thought with MEANINGFUL Guest workler status....

If there are jobs that Americans will not do...( AFTER we clean out the welfare rolls) THEN the migrant worker can get on a list at the US Embassy in Mexico City or Guatemala City....you get the picture...AND they can be issued the official work permits and documentation needed to work here. No documents.(OFFICALDOCUMENTS HARD TO FORGE). NO WORK

I agree. But you have to realize there are some jobs Americans will not do. Pick up a copy of Fast Food Nation and just read the part on the meat packing industry.

Also on the money going away to Mexico and other countries, trust me it comes back to us. I was in Central America last year. In a major department store the preferred currency was USD. They had Maytag appliances, Levis, Hanes, etc. Actually it's more detrimental to their economy than ours. They have a huge influx of USD into their economy thats not taxed nor was generated in the country.

I say we build the Great Wall of China from California thru Texas. Make it 30 feet high and have it constructed of thick iron. Make it electric and razor wires on top and post border patrol agent stations every so many miles. That would stop the further invasion, protect the habitat destroyed by the illegals, and save money in the long run. Think of it as an iron force field. Physical restraint is much more effective then legislative restraint.

The multiple constructions of the Great Wall was ruinously expensive to the societies at the time.

Unless you're going to pay illegals as day laborers to build it, I suspect this would be true here as well. The environmental costs might be considerable as well.

I agree. But you have to realize there are some jobs Americans will not do. Pick up a copy of Fast Food Nation and just read the part on the meat packing industry.

Also on the money going away to Mexico and other countries, trust me it comes back to us. I was in Central America last year. In a major department store the preferred currency was USD. They had Maytag appliances, Levis, Hanes, etc. Actually it's more detrimental to their economy than ours. They have a huge influx of USD into their economy thats not taxed nor was generated in the country.

There are jobs some people 'will not do' because welfare is available. Those folks who won't do certain jobs just aren't hungry enough. I've done some jobs that weren't high-dollar or required a college degree just because I needed the work and I was hungry. The whole situation is screwed-up.

Chuck

It takes more than going after employers. We need to give the National Gueard and Border Patrol the proper resources and AUTHORITY to protect our homeland.

That's one hell of a commute from Iraq.......and Iran.

True!

I consider the US to be in a Constitutional distress.

As do I but thankfully, the new SC is starting to turn this around.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln