CanuckInUSA

Saw Roger Waters in concert this weekend

I was lucky enough to be able to catch Roger Waters in concert this weekend and it was one of the best shows you will see. The professionalism, the sound quality and artistry was out of this world. In fact for the 2nd half of the show we were on the Dark Side of the Moon. If you are a fan of Pink Floyd and/or Roger Waters and you happened to live near a city that is on his schedule, run don’t walk to your nearest Ticket Master and/or scalper to obtain some tickets.

However … (the reason why this thread is here and not in the Bonfire)

If you think of George Bush as your hero and/or you believe that all of America and/or all of the world needs to be adopting your Christian right wing values. You might think twice about going to the show because Roger Waters will not be afraid to voice his opinions about your beloved GWB and how the Christian right is forcing their agenda on America and the rest of world. And while I went to the show wanting to hear Pink Floyd’s music and not listen to someone else’s politics, most of the things Roger Waters was saying were hard to argue. Since when is building a wall around you thought of as progress? Did we or did we not celebrate when the Berlin Wall came down? If we celebrated, then why do some of you continue to endorse the walls George Bush is building?

You have been warned …

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

And while I went to the show wanting to hear Pink Floyd’s music and not listen to someone else’s politics, …

whatever side you are on, doesn't this piss you off when you are paid to hear a performance? At least, they could put it in a song as lyrics, then you get what you paid for

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

And while I went to the show wanting to hear Pink Floyd’s music and not listen to someone else’s politics, …

whatever side you are on, doesn't this piss you off when you are paid to hear a performance? At least, they could put it in a song as lyrics, then you get what you paid for

One wonders if Roger Waters was using Calgary (Canada's most right wing city) as a testing ground for his material. If he can pull it off here, maybe he can pull it off in the south. But fret not people, the 2nd half of the show is the entire "Dark side of the moon" album and was truly outstanding. B|

Since when is building a wall around you thought of as progress? Did we or did we not celebrate when the Berlin Wall came down? If we celebrated, then why do some of you continue to endorse the walls George Bush is building?

Canada doesn't have any immigration or border controls?

First off don't talk about immigration because the USA is in no position to be telling the rest of the World how it should be controlled. When you people tell skilled workers who speak your language and who integrate into your society very easily that they are no longer welcome all the while ignoring your addiction to cheap illegal foreign labour, well what can I say.

Now I considered myself a friend of the USA, but you guys are letting people like GWB build your walls and you continue to thumb your noses at the rest of the world. If you don't change your ways sooner or later you will have no friends. Life with no friends is not a place none of us wants to be.

This thread was started to give the fans of Roger Waters and Pink Floyd who support GWB and who happen to have tickets to a future Roger Waters concert a heads up of what to expect. Just be warned that Mr Waters will be coming to town and he won't be afraid to tell you what he thinks of your hero and he has some damn good arguments to back up his message. The question remains, are some of you open to listening to that message, or is your wall too big and too opaque to see through it all. :P

he won't be afraid to tell you what he thinks of your hero

Hey John - Roger Waters knows who your hero is and will be talking about him/her.

Pretty neat bit of mind reading, ain't it?

Canuck - you think if I went to his concert he'll tell me all about my brother, to? (one of my heroes).

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

you think if I went to his concert he'll tell me all about my brother, to? (one of my heroes).

That depends. Has your brother done something that will make Roger Waters take notice of him?

Keep building those walls ... :P

That depends. Has your brother done something that will make Roger Waters take notice of him?

he works hard, is a leader in his fields, is a very decent human being, and has raised two great young adults with a woman he's been faithful to for a few decades

so probably not :|

You're the one that presumed to know who JR's 'hero' was. I have to assume that either you or RW has some mysterious mind reading ability.

Keep building those walls ... :P

Problem is, that US Canada border is really long. And we've already sent back some of the better types that should have been allowed to stay. ;)[:/]

On the plus side, they could just sneak back across over the next month and then get their Z when this things passes. Not that I'm hinting anything.

First off don't talk about immigration because the USA is in no position to be telling the rest of the World how it should be controlled.
Since our government does a crappy job managing our border, that prohibits Americans from asking others about their own border controls? Interesting.

When you people tell skilled workers who speak your language and who integrate into your society very easily that they are no longer welcome all the while ignoring your addiction to cheap illegal foreign labour, well what can I say.

What does our immigration policy have to do with our dependence on foreign oil?

If you don't change your ways sooner or later you will have no friends.

Seems a bit extreme.[:/]

The walls I am referring to are not necessarily the physical ones we see right in front of our faces like an international border. No the walls I speak of are more ideological and more global. If America wishes to isolate itself from the world, then so be it. But if that is the case, stop flexing your muscles around the globe. You are not winning any friends with your current leadership's approach.

The walls I am referring to are not necessarily the physical ones we see right in front of our faces like an international border. No the walls I speak of are more ideological and more global.

uh huh? so not chainlink?
are they brick or wood then?

but that's more of "fence" than a "wall". maybe you should use the term 'mountain goat'. those guys can climb

First off don't talk about immigration because... blah blah blah

So, let's say that 12 million illegal Mexicans came streaming across your Canadian border, sending their kids to your schools without paying taxes to support them, sucking up your free medical care, driving down labor rates, driving up crime rates, and causing other various and sundry problems.

And Canada would welcome them all with open arms, grant them all free citizenship, and gladly bear all the costs, without ever once thinking of tightening up their border security?

Yeah, right.

It's easy for you to criticize America for its handling of the immigration problem, because you're not living it. I see the English language and American jobs disappearing here in Houston, Texas, every day.

Maybe when we catch them for deportation, you would be willing to take them in yourself? Instead of sending the bus south to Mexico, we can send the bus north to Canada - how's that?

Don't you dare say you don't want them, or we'll get to turn around and use all of your own arguments and criticisms, on you.

John you are missing the point of this thread. It has nothing to do with immigration and everything to do with warning Roger Waters/Pink Floyd fans that the concert they may be attending in the future; while it will be a truly outstanding musical performance with some of the most professionalism in the music world, it may also have some political messages certain people don't want to hear. I really wish the artists of this world stuck to art. But Roger Waters will deliver a "in your face, like it or not" performance, and well some of his points carry some pretty profound and surreal truth to them.

John you are missing the point of this thread. It has nothing to do with immigration and everything to do with warning Roger Waters/Pink Floyd fans that the concert they may be attending in the future;

In other words, we should only respond about that part of your posts and ignore your own political commentary.

Got it. ;)

In other words, we should only respond about that part of your posts and ignore your own political commentary.

Got it. ;)

I think the wall/fence must be a composite/ready to assemble thing. Those can be nice if you don't get the 'bargain' version.

Got it. ;)

I think the wall/fence must be a composite/ready to assemble thing.

They're petroleum products!!!>:( Where are your priorities?:o

You can respond to anything you want. WTF do I care what you think.

I think it's funny to watch people compain about other's "off tangent" posts, while they are doing the exact same thing.

But usually it's a good idea to stick to the topic of the thread instead of making something up.

Especially if you start the thread with one intent and go off on an inflamatory tangent in the OP. :D

First off don't talk about immigration because the USA is in no position to be telling the rest of the World how it should be controlled. When you people tell skilled workers who speak your language and who integrate into your society very easily that they are no longer welcome all the while ignoring your addiction to cheap illegal foreign labour, well what can I say.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess "CanuckInUSA" is no longer "inUSA".

Wow how observant. You know opening up someone's profile to see their location (assuming they are not hiding behind their profile) is a novel way to figure out where someone is.

Question?

What does your remarks have towards contributing to the thread? Let me guess only Americans are allowed to have opinions here? Keep building those walls guys ... you are well on you way towards isolating yourself from the rest of the world.

John you are missing the point of this thread. It has nothing to do with immigration and everything to do with warning Roger Waters/Pink Floyd fans...

Then you shouldn't have said this in your original posting:
"most of the things Roger Waters was saying were hard to argue. Since when is building a wall around you thought of as progress? Did we or did we not celebrate when the Berlin Wall came down? If we celebrated, then why do some of you continue to endorse the walls George Bush is building?"
So don't blame me if you don't want to talk about "walls" and immigration - you opened the door that took us there.

Let me guess only Americans are allowed to have opinions here?

Seems like you're the one telling people to keep their opinions to themselves.

First off don't talk about immigration because the USA is in no position to be telling the rest of the World how it should be controlled.