rwieder

Hugo Chavez, Et Al..........

Clearly... you don't get it. So if Citgo loses all its retail outlets, it won't affect its bottom line? That's logical? Kinda makes you wonder why they'd have retail stations if they weren't profitable.... hmmmm....

Just so it's clear... we're not talking about boycotts to affect the price of gas, we're talking about ONE specific outlet/company. Might not be able to hurt ALL their revenue, but it'd make a dent.

Are you that lazy that you can't use the Exxon across the street? REALLY inconvenient. :S

Oh, hello again!

This is absurd. If you boycott one outlet, another oil company will buy Venezuelan oil. And Chavez will laugh all the way to the bank

BillVon:

No, this remark is absolutely absurd, if not idiotodacal. Chaves wants to "Corner The market" as it were to shut down American Oil Companies. This would cause a ressession you wouldn't believe. I never said the word "Boycott" anywhere.. All i'm saying is lets keep American $$$ in America. In the USA we have not built a refinery in over 30 years. We have 3 running at way less than half capacity because of the damage fron Katrina, thus the rise inl & gas prices. Cutting down on consumption is not an option, or do you think we'll have electric Airplanes one day? I have provided data, and information involving the oil industry for years on this site now, no one's listning. Chaves is currently joining forces with Cuba, Russia and North Korea. I'd say this is reason enough to "Cut Him Off" Let him eat his fucking oil. Chaves has killed a lot of boat skippers because they would not transport his oil because they were not being financially compensated. A lot of skippers ran their transports aground in retaliation, that got them killed as well.

I strongly suggest instead of making the remark "Cut down on consumption" To take a proactive measure and hit him where it hurts....the billfold. My original post was to let those who don't know what he's up to. Chaves is a dick, and he'd no sooner kill you than anyone else. he's nothing more than the guy dangling the proverbial carrot in front of the horse, and riding a bike to work isn't going to change a goddamn thing, that's an assinine remark....IMO.

"Wake up & smell the coffee, the bacon's on fire & the eggs are in serious trouble."

If everyone did that, the price of oil will plummet, and nothing Chavez will be able to do will make it go back up.

I promise you, if the price of oil goes down in a sharp and steady decline, there will be millions of Americans out of work standing in the soup kitchen lines.

because that takes effort. If it can't be accomplished with a bumper sticker (or driving across the street to another gas station) we're not interested***

Speak for your self. IMO that's a totally BS remark. Do you have your finger on the pulse of America energy consumption? Do you have ANY first hand knowledge of our SOR capacities (Strategic Oil Reserves) and how much we have in them? Bush Sr. tapped them in 91, Clinton tapped them several times during his tenure for the military and to try and defray the rising costs of gas at the pump. Bush Jr. has also tapped into the SOR's.Here's the kicker, not one ounce of oil has been replaced, neither have we replenished our natural gas reserves that we store in undergrounf salt domes. I know where they are, i engineered several of them, and supervised the drilling process of at least 10 of them. Now, time to rethink your point of view?

I would.Too many Americans are "Sticking Their Heads In The sand" because the easiest way to deal with this situation, is simplky not to deal with it.

You seriously underestimate Chaves's Ability. So did George Bush when he attacked Iraq, he seriously underestimated the tenacity of his adversary, have we not learned anything?

The Facts Are Here

Pay close attention to this article: OPEC Official Looks West for Investment.

-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"