akarunway

Noah's Ark

Noah's ark was clearly an egg and sperm bank... come on people think outside the box.

I bet they drew straws to steal the Komodo dragon eggs. Or to wank off the tigers for that matter!:D
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

In that guy's defense, he DID write this excellent statement near the end of his essay:

Similarly, if the Bible can be wrong on testable matters such as geography, history and science, why should it be trusted on matters like the nature of God and life after death, which are not open to empirical testing?

Unfortunately he draws a very different conclusion from this fine bit of reasoning than I do.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

Similarly, if the Bible can be wrong on testable matters such as geography, history and science, why should it be trusted on matters like the nature of God and life after death, which are not open to empirical testing?

Because the Bible is a book about the spiritual nature of man's relationship to God. Discussions about spirituality (in any form, god-centered beliefs or not) are not open to empirical testing.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately he draws a very different conclusion from this fine bit of reasoning than I do.

Well, when someone starts an investigation with the preconception that "any evidence that contradicts the bible cannot be true" (paraphrased) then it kinda limits the conclusions that they can draw doesn't it?

Yeah...and wasn't building a boat big enough for all those aminals a rather large task for a 600 year old guy? :$

Not if he had good power tools.

Better than that, he had high tech futuristic alloy fittings!

I asked them to test for aluminum metal, iron metal, and titanium metal. It costs $60 to test for each metal requested. The results show 8.35 % iron metal, 8.35% aluminum metal, and 1.59% titanium metal. ALUMINUM AND TITANIUM METALS ARE NOT FOUND IN NATURE!!! THIS OBJECT IS MAN-MADE, USING ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY!! These results are similar to those produced in the analysis of the rivet found by Mr. Wyatt. Since the specimen is fossilized, it is assumed a large portion of it is now silica replacement, reducing the percentage of metal that was originally in it when it was made. These rivets are found in several locations on the outside of the Ark, and are probably buried inside the Ark by the hundreds or thousands. In comparison to others, this specimen is in poor condition.

I find that the use of ALL CAPS often boosts my scientific credibility too.

Are there people that actually believe that stuff? :o

Yep!

Creation scientists and other biographies of interest

Can creationists be scientists?

Ah Pajarito, you're back. Care to address my point that your original link (the one that 'proved' all the animals could fit on the Ark) was based on a mathematical lie?

Why do Answers in Genesis think it neccesary to lie about the Ark if the evidence is on their side?

"28A lying tongue hateth those that are afflicted by it; and a flattering mouth worketh ruin."

Well that pretty much describes AiG doesn't it?

Still though - I have demonstrated to you beyond question that AiG either a) intentionally lied in that article or b) are completely ignorant of even the most basic tenets of mathematics, let alone science.

It's really sad that all you can come back with are insults veiled in scripture.

I mean come on dude - doesn't it bother you in the slightest that AiG are lying to you? Doesn't the level of manifest intellectual dishonesty in that article alone want to make you question their modus operandi? Or do you just keep sending in your cheque every month?

Good move, good move.

But you should have realised that by boxing in your adversary on an opposing non linear square you leave me the option of utilising the diagonal counter rabbit and I reach Mornington Crescent!

But if mainline stations are wild, wouldn't you have to invoke Jakee's Jeopardy? And is shunting permitted?

Good move, good move.

But you should have realised that by boxing in your adversary on an opposing non linear square you leave me the option of utilising the diagonal counter rabbit and I reach Mornington Crescent!

But if mainline stations are wild, wouldn't you have to invoke Jakee's Jeopardy? And is shunting permitted?

We may have to consult the lovely Samantha. I'm sure she can get 'on top' of the issue.

Paj, glad to see your still with us, managed to move that rock that you were hiding under then... anyway, how about those questions of mine and Jakee's , how ya doing?????
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

2 Did Noah take fishes and corals in the ark!??

according to the Bible, no. Only land animals.

So just I quick one then, how did all the marine life survive???
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

2 Did Noah take fishes and corals in the ark!??

according to the Bible, no. Only land animals.

So is it safe to say that we now all agree that the Story of Noah is not based on any facts, or evidence and is just a fable...

Obviously, the marine life survived because they were already under water. It only got deeper for a bit.

im not sure whether you are being sarcastic, or you areactually being serious!!!!

Obviously, the marine life survived because they were already under water. It only got deeper for a bit.

And when the lakes and seas all merged, the fresh water fish all died from the salinity and the salt water fish all died from lack of salinity. And they ALL died from the turbidity of 10^24 liters of water suddenly washing down every mountainside in 3 weeks.

By the way, has anyone calculated how many 100,000 years it would take for that turbidity to settle out? How many miles of goopy sediment would there by across the whole ocean floor suffocating all ocean life, especially the fragile coral reefs?

End of the world to be sure!

First Class Citizen Twice Over

>And when the lakes and seas all merged, the fresh water fish all died
>from the salinity and the salt water fish all died from lack of salinity.

No, no. There was a holy halocline that separated the salt from the fresh waters.

James 3:11 Does a spring send forth fresh water and bitter from the same opening?

>And they ALL died from the turbidity of 10^24 liters of water suddenly
>washing down every mountainside in 3 weeks.

John 13:10 - Jesus said to him, “He who is bathed needs only to wash his feet, but is completely clean; and you are clean, but not all of you.”

Clearly he was referring to the waters, which were completely clean (but not all of them.)

>How many miles of goopy sediment would there by across the whole ocean
>floor suffocating all ocean life, especially the fragile coral reefs?

Perhaps he created the coral reefs after the flood.

>And when the lakes and seas all merged, the fresh water fish all died
>from the salinity and the salt water fish all died from lack of salinity.

No, no. There was a holy halocline that separated the salt from the fresh waters.

James 3:11 Does a spring send forth fresh water and bitter from the same opening?

>And they ALL died from the turbidity of 10^24 liters of water suddenly
>washing down every mountainside in 3 weeks.

John 13:10 - Jesus said to him, “He who is bathed needs only to wash his feet, but is completely clean; and you are clean, but not all of you.”

Clearly he was referring to the waters, which were completely clean (but not all of them.)

>How many miles of goopy sediment would there by across the whole ocean
>floor suffocating all ocean life, especially the fragile coral reefs?

Perhaps he created the coral reefs after the flood.

Chuteless, stop hacking Billvon's account!!
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

And when the lakes and seas all merged, the fresh water fish all died from the salinity and the salt water fish all died from lack of salinity. And they ALL died from the turbidity of 10^24 liters of water suddenly washing down every mountainside in 3 weeks.

By the way, has anyone calculated how many 100,000 years it would take for that turbidity to settle out? How many miles of goopy sediment would there by across the whole ocean floor suffocating all ocean life, especially the fragile coral reefs?

End of the world to be sure!

What happened to the 10^24 liters of water? Where is it now?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.