MDMA

Legal gun owner kills policeman

I've only just seen this but the answer is no, I can't supply data because it is not MY assertion. It's the assertion of the American officers. In any event the assertion in THIS country might be true. A lot of police officers in the UK do tend to take the view that if they were armed they would probably face more armed criminals. And no I don't have any data but I do have a best friend and her fiance both in the Met Police policing one of the roughest parts of North London where there is regular gang trouble.

Do you think America has a gun problem?

America, as well as other nations, have a criminal problem.

Two news stories:
Pizza deliveryman Brian Williams had two men with a wrench attack him. When one of the attackers hit Williams in the back of the head, the deliveryman opened fire with his pistol and killed him. "On average, I would say we have a robbery of a delivery guy about every month," said a Flint Police Sgt. "Usually they get mugged, sometimes they lose their vehicles or their pizzas. Sometimes they get hurt." Williams carried the gun for his own protection and has a concealed weapons permit. "He was a victim of an armed robbery ... a savage beating, I might add, too," Manley said. "He may have been killed if he hadn't acted in self defense.""There are people who have to make a living delivering pizzas and driving cabs, and they have a right to defend themselves."
Source: Mlive

A man driving a lunch wagon escaped a robbery attempt just after noon Friday by shooting one suspect while another ran away. During the attempted robbery, one suspect fired shots. The lunch wagon driver then pulled out a .45-caliber handgun and shot one suspect in the leg. Police said the lunch wagon driver has a permit to carry a concealed weapon.
Source: Enquirer

P.S. I have the guts to be publicly known for whatever my opinions are. I don't hide behind a fake identity to speak my mind...