billvon

Commander Guy (dum da dummm!)

I never really liked The Decider, and so I was heartened to hear that Bush has chosen a new name for himself - the Commander Guy (cue fanfare.) From a speech today:
-----------------------------
By the way, in the report it said, it is -- the government may have to put in more troops to be able to get to that position. And that's what we do. We put in more troops to get to a position where we can be in some other place. The question is, who ought to make that decision? The Congress or the commanders? And as you know, my position is clear -- I'm the commander guy.
---------------------------

I never really liked The Decider, and so I was heartened to hear that Bush has chosen a new name for himself - the Commander Guy (cue fanfare.) From a speech today:
-----------------------------
By the way, in the report it said, it is -- the government may have to put in more troops to be able to get to that position. And that's what we do. We put in more troops to get to a position where we can be in some other place. The question is, who ought to make that decision? The Congress or the commanders? And as you know, my position is clear -- I'm the commander guy.
---------------------------

S'pose you could translate that into at least grade-school level English? That's just too difficult to decipher. What....is our president a moron or something???

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

S'pose you could translate that into at least grade-school level English? That's just too difficult to decipher. What....is our president a moron or something???

After listening to him go off script for the last 6 years . . . do you really have to ask?

He is perhaps the least eloquent President of the United States. His off script performance has hurt the U.S.

Not that he's had much better luck when he sticks to it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

You never gave him any chance from the beginning causse you never voted for him So, the name is irealavan regarless don't you think?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

You never gave him any chance from the beginning causse you never voted for him So, the name is irealavan regarless don't you think?

Man, I'm glad I was able to quote that . . . ;) . . . for a minute I thought the internet was on the fritz.
quade -

After listening to him go off script for the last 6 years . . . do you really have to ask?

He is perhaps the least eloquent President of the United States. His off script performance has hurt the U.S.

Not that he's had much better luck when he sticks to it.

the question was ridiculously redundant....redundant....redundant..... didn't have to ask. Between you and me, I once thought he was a moron. Today I'm absolutely certain of it.

Recently I was called something akin to an idiot, so what do I know??? Heh. Maybe it takes one to know one. Who knows?
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Such a poignant and timely response -- I'm in awe. It's posts like this that make me wish I could hear recordings of some posters' spoken voices.

Hey! You know what's even funnier? "Regarless" doesn't offend the gforum spellchecker!

First Class Citizen Twice Over

It's funny, but he was actually saying that he advocates letting commanders on the ground decide the strategy in Iraq and not congress, in his own inarticulate way.

"The question is, who ought to make that decision? The Congress or the commanders? And as you know, my position is clear -- I'm the commander guy. "

It's funny, but he was actually saying that he advocates letting commanders on the ground decide the strategy in Iraq and not congress, in his own inarticulate way.

"The question is, who ought to make that decision? The Congress or the commanders? And as you know, my position is clear -- I'm the commander guy. "

Reading that last sentence, I'm not entirely sure.

Further, he didn't listen to his own commanders early on in the war, why should we believe him now?
quade -

His position is clear - HE is the commander guy, the decider.

Your reading of bush's sentence is the obvious one, but dorbie's reading is also reasonable.

In Bush's sentence:

And as you know, my position is clear -- I'm the commander guy.

it's the first assertion that's completely indefensible. Oddly the second assertion is defensible, although the defender WOULD have to stipulate that bush is functionally illiterate in order to make the "dorbie" case.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

Oddly the second assertion is defensible, although the defender WOULD have to stipulate that bush is functionally illiterate in order to make the "dorbie" case.

I will concede that functional illiteracy is a definite possibility, but I am right. Bill is reading what he wants to into this. Which is fun and all, but ...[:/].

Technically he IS the commander guy, it's in his title, it's even a noun, heck it's a word, I mean this is REAL progress. Alas he is trying to say that he is the guy saying the commanders should be heeded ..... it is reasonably clear from the context.

>but he was actually saying that he advocates letting commanders on
>the ground decide the strategy in Iraq and not congress, in his own
>inarticulate way.

His position is clear - HE is the commander guy, the decider.

You added a comma and two words there.

Saying he is the commander guy is in reference to the two opposing viewpoints he had just stated, he's trying to draw a distinction between his opponents and himself w.r.t. decision making on Iraq strategy specifically as it relates to setting a deadline.

But carry on, if you feel it is advantageous to interpret it as such I don't much care.

Proper nouns are capitalized. The new name you have given him should be written Irealavan Regarless. Personally, I thought "George Bush" sounded better.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Proper nouns are capitalized. The new name you have given him should be written Irealavan Regarless. Personally, I thought "George Bush" sounded better.

Come here, do you need scratched behind your ears, your so cute,,,,,,,,,
Abraham Lincoln

Remember when the reporters used to crowd around Shaq every day so he could give them his new name? "I'm the Big Aristotle," or when he got his degree, "I'm the Big Graduate." Maybe W could do that; "I'm the Veto Guy," or "I'm the Lame Duck Guy," or "I'm the Village Idiot Guy."

You never gave him any chance from the beginning causse you never voted for him

Because we paid attention before he was President and saw the potential for horrific failure due to his resume and lack of oral skills. He more than exceeded our expectations. Too bad many of those votes were lost in chad's, diebolds and corrupt voting districts.

You never gave him any chance from the beginning causse you never voted for him

Because we paid attention before he was President and saw the potential for horrific failure due to his resume and lack of oral skills. He more than exceeded our expectations. Too bad many of those votes were lost in chad's, diebolds and corrupt voting districts.

I said I would stop doing this but I can't help it here

BBBBbbbbbbbbbwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa:D
Abraham Lincoln

Spoken like a true Bush fan!

Hey, he is not my favorite but I know he aint as bad as all the Bush haters would have us think.

But anyway you look at it, I sure as hell happy Gore and Kerry did not get there. You think it is bad now:S
Abraham Lincoln

>The new name you have given him should be written Irealavan Regarless.

I like it!

Irregardlessnessitudology n.

The study of the degree to which unnecessary prefixes and suffixes on words makes the user appear foolish.