ExAFO

Gun Control Advocates...

Make you gun-control advocates a deal: you get rid of violent gangs, thieves, burglars, rapists, and murderers - nationwide, permanently - and I'll gladly hand in my weapons and we can all sing kum-ba-yah.

Short of that, I keep my boom-sticks.:|
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

Geez...nobody taking you up on the proposal...makes me wonder about them...

Oh wait...it must be the violent gangs, thieves, burglars, rapists, and murderers who want us to give up our guns. Is that it?
:D:D

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Make you gun-control advocates a deal: you get rid of violent gangs, thieves, burglars, rapists, and murderers - nationwide, permanently - and I'll gladly hand in my weapons and we can all sing kum-ba-yah.

Short of that, I keep my boom-sticks.:|

Sorry, but you're also going to have to get rid of nuclear arms, warring nations, natural disasters, and every other factor that has previously been known to or currently has the potential to both turn previously law abiding citizens into violent gangs of thieves, burglars, rapists, and murderers and to cut off the supply of food to my local grocery store, before I'll give up my gun. I don't want to be using a baseball bat to defend my supplies, my shelter, my daughter's honor, and my life against a hoard of axe wielding maniacs, and I don't want to be hunting for food with a spear, if the proverbial shit ever hits the proverbial fan.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

Count me in... make the world safe, and I'll give up my gun.

Come live in Australia, or even move to the UK, as in all my 33 years (excluding the years I spent in the military) spent living in both the UK and Australia, I have never and I mean never been in a situation where I have needed to pop a cap in some dudes ass. In fact I would even say that I actually do not know of a single friend, friend of a friend, or member of my family or any any family I know who have ever been in a situation where being tooled up would have been required.

You paint a bleak picture of the US, is it really that bad and you all live your lives in fear???? Just waiting for the opportunity to cap someone?? When if it did actually happen most of you would probably find that you aint got what it takes to kill a human at point blank……

So only 2 weeks after Virginia tech, another armed “looney” has gone on a killing spree at the Ward Parkway Centre in Kansas City. Now I read in the news that this is the city's busiest shopping centre, so there must have been a lot of tooled up people in there, how come no one popped him?? And saved the 3 people that were massacared, the news reoorts that most people ran and hid, did everyone leave there guns at home that day??
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

You paint a bleak picture of the US, is it really that bad and you all live your lives in fear????

Why should I live in fear? After all, I HAVE the means to defend myself if it goes down the tubes.

Just waiting for the opportunity to cap someone??

Ah, projection... gotta love it. Look, sparky - just because YOU think you'd "wait for the opportunity to cap someone" if you had access to a weapon DOESN'T mean that everyone does... got it?

so there must have been a lot of tooled up people in there, how come no one popped him??

I thought you just got through saying we didn't NEED them...make up your mind!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

You paint a bleak picture of the US, is it really that bad and you all live your lives in fear???? ?

Not ALL of us in the USA live our lives in such fear that we feel the need to carry a gun at all times.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I agree. I have lived in the UK all my life (28 years in London) and am a criminal lawyer. I have never needed a gun, known anyone that's needed a gun and at 2 years qualified have never even represented someone who has carried a replica (although it's becoming more common).

You guys over the pond must have more sophisticated crims than we do because my clients seem to favour things like hammers and snooker balls in socks.......too many moving parts in a gun methinks............

so there must have been a lot of tooled up people in there, how come no one popped him??

Nice way to avoid the question :D:D
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Read my whole post - I didn't avoid the question.

I guess guns caused this, as well, eh?

I'm still waiting on how guns caused the deaths at the Happy Land Nightclub, as well... care to answer?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Now I read in the news that this is the city's busiest shopping centre, so there must have been a lot of tooled up people in there, how come no one popped him?? And saved the 3 people that were massacared, the news reoorts that most people ran and hid, did everyone leave there guns at home that day??

Perhaps because this is a "gun free zone" and people are not allowed to carry at the Mall.
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.

yes you did

im sure there are plenty of stories of how a pesky perp got drilled by some gun ho pistol packing American hero, but in the last 2 weeks alone how many innocent people have been shot... we don’t read about this shooting sprees happening in the uk and Australia with such regularity now do we..

--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

Perhaps because this is a "gun free zone" and people are not allowed to carry at the Mall.

maybe the someone should have told the gunman that, or maybe he didnt see the sign??

yes you did

im sure there are plenty of stories of how a pesky perp got drilled by some gun ho pistol packing American hero, but in the last 2 weeks alone how many innocent people have been shot... we don’t read about this shooting sprees happening in the uk and Australia with such regularity now do we..

UK and Aussie land don't have 200,000,000 people either.

The bad part about you interrupting a crime with a gun is that YOU will be in a world of shit waiting for some joker cop or DA to decide if he's going to arrest or prosecute you for it. And believe me, they will search every angle looking for a reason to do so.

Good Samaritans get screwed on a regular basis.
>:(

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

The mall was probably a posted "unarmed victim" zone... why don't you try to find out? I guess they could just make using a gun in a crime MORE illegal... after all, it has such a deterrent affect on crime.

Gun-free Chicago had MORE murders, MORE robberies, and MORE aggravated assaults than Houston in 2005, for example. I thought that getting rid of all the guns reduced crime, isn't that your lot keeps braying? Why isn't Houston FAR outstripping Chicago in crime?

we don’t read about this shooting sprees happening in the uk and Australia with such regularity now do we..

No, not nearly so much...although I think you may want to consider banning doctors...
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Count me in... make the world safe, and I'll give up my gun.

Come live in Australia, or even move to the UK, as in all my 33 years (excluding the years I spent in the military) spent living in both the UK and Australia, I have never and I mean never been in a situation where I have needed to pop a cap in some dudes ass. In fact I would even say that I actually do not know of a single friend, friend of a friend, or member of my family or any any family I know who have ever been in a situation where being tooled up would have been required.

You paint a bleak picture of the US, is it really that bad and you all live your lives in fear???? Just waiting for the opportunity to cap someone?? When if it did actually happen most of you would probably find that you aint got what it takes to kill a human at point blank……

I used to be a karate instructor. I can't count the number of women who have come in to the school wanting to learn to defend themselves AFTER something awful had happened to them. I've met so many crime victims that I have lost count. I've been attacked myself, and had no problem "having what it takes" to use my training to protect myself. I got lucky, and the guy wasn't a trained martial artist and wasn't expecting me to defend myself, so the stuff I tried worked. I've met people who weren't so lucky, but, yeah, I wonder what would've happened if hand-to-hand wasn't able to help me. What if it hadn't been enough?

Gun-free Chicago had MORE murders, MORE robberies, and MORE aggravated assaults than Houston in 2005, for example. I thought that getting rid of all the guns reduced crime, isn't that your lot keeps braying? Why isn't Houston FAR outstripping Chicago in crime?

ermm is it hard to get past the border control into Chicago theses days?? Surely its not as easy as just legally buying a gun in another state and driving into Chigago, or walking, maybe even catching the train….

You paint a bleak picture of the US, is it really that bad and you all live your lives in fear???? ?

Not ALL of us in the USA live our lives in such fear that we feel the need to carry a gun at all times.

I do get a kick out of the frequent claim that people who support gun ownership "all live their lives in fear". :o

Does everyone who has health insurance "live their lives in fear"?

How about people who lock their doors at night?

yes you did

*yawn* maybe instead of blindly quoting populus why don’t you work out the per capita gun massacres.. :S:S

ermm is it hard to get past the border control into Chicago theses days?? Surely its not as easy as just legally buying a gun in another state and driving into Chigago, or walking, maybe even catching the train….

Texas is a concealed carry state with a large "gun population", Illinois is not. If it were the availability of guns, Houston SHOULD far outstrip Chicago, yet it doesn't.

Your logic is faulty.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

*yawn* maybe instead of blindly quoting populus why don’t you work out the per capita gun massacres.. :S:S

Information from the Home Office, for the UK (from the PDF):

Table 2.03 Offences currently recorded as homicide by apparent method of killing and sex of victim: England and Wales 1994 to 2004/05

Total victims
Sharp instrument 231 243 197 200 202 201 212 214 261 266 234 236
Blunt instrument 55 78 68 71 68 65 70 76 60 47 68 61
Hitting, kicking, etc. 94 106 81 99 103 89 94 102 146 147 133 124
Strangulation 104 83 77 64 61 78 56 148 77 64 67 60
Shooting 63 66 47 58 52 46 61 72 97 75 69 77
Explosion - 1 2 1 1 2 4 - 1 4 - 2
Burning 39 33 24 29 28 32 13 18 29 22 30 34
Drowning 13 3 9 7 6 6 6 9 12 6 24 14
Poison or drugs 17 16 28 17 17 47 53 32 33 201 22 30
Motor vehicle 5 6 2 12 13 14 11 18 20 21 22 20
Other 4 19 44 37 38 43 41 68 37 51 47 45
Not known 7 9 6 14 19 23 53 14 31 49 77 117
Total 632 663 585 609 608 646 674 771 804 953 793 820

Well, at least y'all aren't strangling or drowning each other as often... looks like all the rest, and the totals, are up...
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706