Windwalker

Seal Clubbing

> I'm talking about giving those people options to end the suffering.

Actually, they do. Pain management has come a long way, and people rarely suffer like they used to. Killing people is always considered a very last resort, although suicide is legal in a few places in such cases.

But in any case if you feel that way, then surely you would support reducing suffering in people and animals as much as possible. Your post comes off as "if people have to suffer, then let the stupid seals die a horrible death" which you probably did not mean.

Pain management doesn't always work. Docs are often afraind to prescribe what really works. There are so many docs getting investigated for prescribing painkillers that many people do suffer horribly when it is unnecessary.

And no, I'm not FOR unnecessary seal suffering, but if they don't kill the thing with the first hammer blow to the head, I'm not going to stop the whole hunt.

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

Docs are often afraind to prescribe what really works. There are so many docs getting investigated for prescribing painkillers that many people do suffer horribly when it is unnecessary.

Just as the hunter who uses a gun instead of a hakapik is afraid to shoot the seal more than once when once doesn't do the trick. He gets a lot less money for the pelt if it's full of holes.

So often the wounded seal sinks below the surface & dies. No pelt for the hunter. Seal "suffered horribly when it is unnecessary."
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Pelts is good enough for me.

Seems like a silly reason to support unnecessary suffering, but OK.

If one insignificant reason is "good enough" for you to support unnecessary suffering of seals, then surely you understand why others have their many reasons for not supporting assisted suicide.

Pelts is good enough for me.

Seems like a silly reason to support unnecessary suffering, but OK.

If one insignificant reason is "good enough" for you to support unnecessary suffering of seals, then surely you understand why others have their many reasons for not supporting assisted suicide.

I understand that they have their reasons, yes. I just happen to put human suffering way, way above animal suffering, that's all.

We're not going to change eachother's minds on this, so we can just diasagree. It might comfort you to know that I have never hurt a seal, and probably never will. (unless I am freezing to death someday in the arctic and need a coat)

>Docs are often afraind . . .

Yes, some doctors suck. Some families suck, and don't get the people they are caring for the medical help they need. So?

>And no, I'm not FOR unnecessary seal suffering, but if they don't kill
>the thing with the first hammer blow to the head, I'm not going to stop the
>whole hunt.

If that happened a few times, hunters would somehow discover that they could do a much better job at it.

I just happen to put human suffering way, way above animal suffering, that's all.

Cool. But, what does that have to do with the price of rice in China?

We're not going to change eachother's minds on this, so we can just diasagree.

Consistency is over-rated anyways.

I just happen to put human suffering way, way above animal suffering, that's all.

Cool. But, what does that have to do with the price of rice in China?

We're not going to change eachother's minds on this, so we can just diasagree.

Consistency is over-rated anyways.

So is civility.;)