NCclimber

At least 20 killed at Virginia Tech

Your hasty and sickening mountaineering expedition to the top of the the pile of corpses at VT makes your attempt to arbitrate posting etiquette in this thread one of the more twisted things I've seen in SC.

Very melodramatic and non-sequitor of you...

obviously "non-sequitur" does not mean what you think it means.

Amazing how a gun massacre gets turned into a pro-gun rally!

Amazing how people whose position doesn't have a leg to stand on tend to resort to snide comments and petty one-liners, rather than defending their position with fact based logic.

Unfortunately there are 66 legs that will not be standing any more, yet you choose to make a pro-gun statement out of it. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

And before anyone stops to throw out hateful words about pro/anti gun laws....stop and put yourself in the shoes of the people out there today in Western VA. They watched friends die and now have to deal with it. 33 senseless deaths......there really are no words.

If it was my classroom.. there might have been a couple dead and THAT would have included the little fuckhead popping off round after round at unarmed people. I have a carry permit and
I avail myself of its use daily. Banning guns will do no good... people like this who want to get them to perpetrate crimes like this can and do find a way to get them....the motivation????? So far we are being led to believe it was started when he went off on his former girlfriend... that right there is FAR more of the REAL problem... he was not getting his little stifffie wet anymore... so go kill her and a bunch of other people..... He judged himself.... now he will get to face whatever other judgement

Simply because someone used a firearm to kill someone does not mean I should be made to give up my firearms.

If someone has been stabbed with a Swiss Army Knife, should I be forced to give up mine?

There was a situation where a jilted lover ran her ex-lover with a car, should I be forced to give up my car?

Since AQ used aircraft to drop the WTC, should aircraft be banned?

Professor, this is not England. We encoded our right to bear arms in our primary guide for government.

Put bluntly: If one person shit their pants, we should not all be required to wear diapers.

I have never shot anyone. Why should I be made to give up my firearms? WHY?

Criminals do not care about gun laws. They will still obtain guns, no matter any law or enforcement effort. On the other hand, those who obey the law will be easy disarmed prey.

The Supreme Court has said that police have no mandate to defend any one person, just society as a whole. Therefore, we are rightfully given the right to defend ourselves.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

Amazing how people whose position doesn't have a leg to stand on tend to resort to snide comments and petty one-liners, rather than defending their position with fact based logic.

Unfortunately there are 66 legs that will not be standing any more, yet you choose to make a pro-gun statement out of it. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED.

If you don't want to discuss it, go to the bonfire.

I've seen anti-gun people all over the news (mostly Brady people) using this event as a means to push their goals (assault weapons bans, etc..), most of which, while gun related, had little to do with the actual event.

The pro gun people (NRA) offered their condolences and refused to make any additional comments until the facts are known.

So which side is the one taking advantage of this tragedy?

Your hasty and sickening mountaineering expedition to the top of the the pile of corpses at VT makes your attempt to arbitrate posting etiquette in this thread one of the more twisted things I've seen in SC.

Very melodramatic and non-sequitor of you...

It's not melodramatic, it's sobering and disgusting at the same time.

He peeked in the door a couple of times before returning and opening fire with a black handgun, first on the professor and then on the students, she said. (Student survives by playing dead)

"He was very silent," said Sheehan, one of only four students in her 25-student German class who were not shot. "He seemed very thorough about it."

Sheehan fell to the ground and pretended to be dead after the gunman's first entrance. But about 30 seconds later, the man returned and opened fire a second time "because I guess he heard us still talking."

"We forced ourselves against the door so he couldn't come in again because the door would not lock," Sheehan said. At that point, the man began firing through the door.

I was only one of four that made it out of that classroom"She also talked about how she watched her classmates get shot to death in front of her.

"It was kind of scary," he said. "These two kids I guess had panicked and jumped out of the top-story window and the one kid broke his ankle and the other girl was not in good shape just lying on the ground."

Just reading some of that makes me wonder how someone could grandstand at this time. Of course illogical things will be said - questionable opinions about civil rights,etc.....it is to be expected after an event like this. Do you think talking about airline safety would have been a good grandstanding topic on 9/11?

For all you folks who say you need your handgun/semi-automatic weapons to protect yourself.. give me a fucking break. I don't feel safe with you clowns having guns!!!!!!!!!!!! I want your guns gone in order to protect myself! Why should you have the right to own a weapon of the nature that was used today?

A little devil's advocate here.
If you chose to rob a convenience store, would you rather do it in a state where gun is a bad word or where you look around and wonder how many honest citizens are packing heat?

BTW, I don't own a firearm. I just don't look like someone that you would want to attempt to rob in the mall parking lot.

I leave that privilege to innocent young girls who wear rose colored glasses.

Just reading some of that makes me wonder how someone could grandstand at this time.

Agreed, but would you agree that it is sad for EITHER side?

Yup

It's a shame that you weren't personally effected by this so that you could understand just how fucking stupid it is to feel like society needs guns.

32 people are dead and 29 wounded because none of the adult students or instructors had guns.

The gunman even managed to shoot 21 out of 25 people in one class room.

Will you all knock off this "school rivalry" bullshit so that we can continue the discussion of the topic at hand? Thank you.

Yea climb off the pile of corpses, you're crowding Douva out up there.

Do I need to repeat myself?

I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

More of that fact based logic, huh, Kallend?
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

Just what position that I've taken are you referring to? The only position I've taken in this thread is that the spectacle of you pontificating from atop the misery in VT is a sickening one. It is entirely supported by the facts that are self evident in this thread.

You will not deflect such well deserved criticism with a non sequitur. (learn exAFO)

I blame (c)rap music. How many country music singers do you hear about packing heat eh? NONE !!!

For every complex problem there is a simple and elegant solution that is wrong...just like yours.:S See below:

April 03, 2007, 10:45 AM ET

Police have issued arrest warrants for country singer Billy Joe Shaver:o after he shot and wounded a man outside a Texas bar, the entertainer's attorney said.

And that's what would happen if we allow emotional, illogical and uninformed people (not referring to you) to start depriving us of our rights, in some vain wish to make themselves feel more safe.

The amazing thing about this statement is that both gun enthusiasts and gun controllers find it equally accurate.