ntrprnr

Imus just got fired

Anyway, his politics aside (and everybody agreeing his foot is in his mouth all the way to his ass) given what he said, do Jackson and Sharpton have the moral high road to go after him? In your opinion?

(nothing trick or leading here. just interested in your thoughts)

Who cares? His employers had the right to fire him, they did, and good riddance to him.

I care! Who has the right to tell me what I can or can't watch or listen to?

Since when is Al sharpton the moral authority? He has enough skeletons in his closet.

Imus was an independent thinker and he took shots at everybody Don't like it? Don't watch it, but don't tell me what I cant watch because it is none of your business.

Imus raised millions of dollars for kids with Autism. He led the charge to get the death benefit for Iraq war vets raised from a pitiful 12k to 250k! He raised millions for kids with cancer and the Imus ranch foundation helped kids of all colors. Nobody in the media has done more to help those less fortunate.

Ever hear about the center for the intrepid?

He said something thoughtless and stupid and he appologized.

Good riddance? Good grief!

Anyway, his politics aside (and everybody agreeing his foot is in his mouth all the way to his ass) given what he said, do Jackson and Sharpton have the moral high road to go after him? In your opinion?

Who cares? His employers had the right to fire him, they did, and good riddance to him.

I care! Who has the right to tell me what I can or can't watch or listen to?

Since when is Al sharpton the moral authority? He has enough skeletons in his closet.

Imus was an independent thinker and he took shots at everybody Don't like it? Don't watch it, but don't tell me what I cant watch because it is none of your business.

Imus raised millions of dollars for kids with Autism. He led the charge to get the death benefit for Iraq war vets raised from a pitiful 12k to 250k! He raised millions for kids with cancer and the Imus ranch foundation helped kids of all colors. Nobody in the media has done more to help those less fortunate.

Ever hear about the center for the intrepid?

He said something thoughtless and stupid and he appologized.

Good riddance? Good grief!

Show the true colors of the thought police don't you think?

I gotta be careful I do not mis-spell anything. I will be labeled .............................again..............[:/]
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Only if they show they're not total hypocrites by going after gangster rap with the same enthusiasm they had when they went after a 66 year old has-been. I won't hold my breath.

Only if they show they're not total hypocrites by going after gangster rap with the same enthusiasm they had when they went after a 66 year old has-been. I won't hold my breath.

It is too late for that. If by some miracle they go after them tomorrow (they won't) it's way too late to cover their racism.

It is too late for that. If by some miracle they go after them tomorrow (they won't) it's way too late to cover their racism.

I disagree. America is nothing but about redemption. Everyone gets a second chance. Imus will too over time.

It would take a lot of balls for J & S to go after rappers who say much nastier stuff and are much more influential in the culture. But don't worry, they're not even paying lip service yet, and I wouldn't expect much more than that.

If anyone had spent any time over the last 20 years listening to Imus you would know that his comments were nothing to some of the things he has said over the years. This wasn't about moral values or upset basketball players...it was a political move by Sharpton and Jackson to show they still have the ability to force their own personal agenda on whomever they way. This ploy was to give them more currency against their next victim. Stop acting like this was a good thing, because it was far from it. And if you think it was, you just got caught up in all the hype just like the rest of the sheep.

Hmmmm, based on their approach, no. They are defending rappers, just as Spike Leee did. There is a slight difference in that rappers generally don't direct their insults at specific individuals rather than groups, but the whole thing stinks. In a heterogenious society we need to be accross teh board, and Jackson/Sharpton are just keeping alive the AA drive rather than letting it die to keep benefits rlling in.

But this isn't about those 2 clowns, this is about an old POS that needed to go years/decades ago.

The whole free speech thing is such a joke, as other than teh FCC there is no governmental action in these matters. Stern has a point with that, but teh FCC dodn't intervene here as I know it. Peoiple drop Constitutional rantings at every turn w/o even knowing what teh Bill of Rights is or how many const Amends we have, let alone know anything about const case law.

But I see your point and they should STFU and let the process take place insead of being the whores they are.

Just because he's neither right or left, his politics are all fucked-up? Maybe, he goes for the individual rather that party... even though he's a registered republican.

Right, that's what I said, Dorbie won't let it go and wants to pin him on us, when he is non-partisn, just a joke.

Anyone remember the Jery boy's Saul Rosenberg bit. "He injured me with his words I want to sue him."

Remember Jimmy the Greek?

n all fairness, them chicks do look like hos - tattooed nappy haired gangster hos...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Right on!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Imus and Sharpton have been going at it for years........Imus used to call Sharpton a water buffalo with a wig! I do not think what Imus said was racist. Crass and rude, yes....racist, no. Shaprton and Black Power won this round!;)

Naw, it was racist and sexist. Nappy hair is prone to blacks and we all love ho's, they are easy chicks. I think the expression is funny, but when directed it'snot. Hell, he's lucky if they don't sue for defamation.

All that rant and no address to this:

- Reg Repub
- A Clinton hater
- A McCain supporter
- A Gore hater

I'm SHOCKED (not)

lol....I think it's so funny when people call me a conservative....oh my. But it's only those liberals who are gonna spout the party line regardless of what it is that seem to do so.

OK, you have almost exclusive Republican ideals, yet you a flaming liberal, ok. Can I call you Imus?:S

Likewise, it's funny when conservatives call me liberal. Granted, I've NEVER voted for a republican, but my thinking's still only "liberal" in some areas.

If we laid out the various elements of politics, you would lie somewhere as a moderate or more rightwinger. I know you think medical care s/b selective/exclusive, you have no problems throwing tons of cash at militayr contractors for teh war and I bet you have Christian leanings. If I'm wrong, tell me where ya stand.

I'm all left except guns and AA, does that make me moderate? Not really, maybe moderate left, but not middle of the road.

It seems that no matter what the issue, though, somebody's either calling me a conservative to discredit me or calling me a liberal to discredit me.

Or calling you teh former to discredit you, the latter to praise you:).

I don't call people either as a form of argument, that's an ad hominem, but I might address a person's bias to a point. IOW's, I doubt I ever labeled you a cobservative, hence you're wrong, just that you're a cnservative, hence you are unwilling to see the other side.

I think it's possible for people to think independently of either party line. I think you could make you a much longer list and find that Imus has check marks on both sides....though the concept may be difficult for some to grasp.

Am I gonna whine that that's teh 2nd time you've implied i have a hard time grasping teh concept? Nah, hell, you didn't even address teh Imus issue, so we can't move on from there yet. Kinda funny you say that when I voted for Perot, then Dole, then Dem ever since. I voted Dem in teh 80's BTW. And yet you whine abiout labels but want to label me as a person who can't grasp :S

I think it is possible for people not to lean, but not probable. Most people tend to gravitate to a side n issues and these sides are usually intrarelated to other like issues. IOW's, I find fiscal righties defending so-called moral values, even tho they can give a shit less.

But for Imus to be polar ad adamant the way he is is obviously just for shock. Another way to look at it is that he has hated the last 2 presidents, so perhaps he's a whner, but it is impossible to assign him to a party.

I agree with some of that and I wasn't horribly offiended by his assinine asertions, but he directed those comments to a specific group of overachieving young ladies, these are kids to me and they deserve the right to enjoy their successes w.o some asshole interfering. I wish they would just sue his ass of millions.

I can say: All skydivers suck and probably not get banned from here, but if I call out a specific group or a specific DZ, I'm outy. Get it?

Just because he's neither right or left, his politics are all fucked-up? Maybe, he goes for the individual rather that party... even though he's a registered republican.

Right, that's what I said, Dorbie won't let it go and wants to pin him on us, when he is non-partisn, just a joke.

I understand.

Chuck

republicans/conservatves on DZ.COM refuse to address all teh hate that Imus spewed toward Clinton (both) and Gore?

Simple, the same reason he dislikes Bush. He does not like them. It is not always one or the other. You can hate both Clinton AND Bush ya know.

I think he is politically confused, as he voted Kerry, but loves McCain

Ya mean tha same McCain that Kerry likes? http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2004/04/06/for_kerry_aides_mccain_would_fit_bill_as_running_mate/

Quote : "The focus on McCain is fueled by the belief that he and Kerry, 60, have a strong personal, political, and military connection, best exemplified for the staff by a Roll Call picture that Kerry has copied and placed in his various offices in Washington and Boston. It shows him and the 67-year-old McCain walking along a Capitol hallway, Kerry with his arm draped around his colleague's shoulder."

So I guess if Kerry likes McCain he is also a Conservative? Sheesh get real.

Look, neo-cons on here, the guy has made a farse of politics and that has made him millions, he is neither left or rght, he's just a political anomoly

Look, most political groups consider Imus to be left. Your BS claims about him not liking the Clintons makes him conservative goes to shit when you also realize he does not like Bush. Your BS claims about him liking McCain go to shit when you look at the fact that many considered McCain to be the perfect VP canidate for Kerry INCLUDING Kerrys staff, and that Kerry and McCain are so close.

For once, admit you talked out of your ass and quit looking like a fool.

And some people run from facts on a reguar basis, why not address these and be the first conservative to do so?

OK lets:

- Reg Repub

YOU said you were a Reg Repub as well. http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2579591#2579591

- A Clinton hater

This goes to crap when he also hates Bush and VOTED for Kerry.

- A McCain supporter

Kerry also supports McCain, and many people thought that McCain was going to be Kerry's running mate.

- A Gore hater

Again this does not make him a "Conservo Maggot" when you consider he also hates Bush and voted for Kerry.

I think its great though. Once again you spout crap without any backing, evidence, or proof that is worth a damn. Just your personal opinion, which since you claimed you never listened to him, accounts for nothing.

Probably your most oblivious post yet on a number of levels:D.

This started with YOU trying to say he was a right winger I think you used "Conservo Maggot" which says a lot about YOU. It was let go now you're trying to misrepresent what the argument was about. You opined he was a right winger and a "Conservo Maggot" because of how he apologized, that's the joke.

P.S. MOST thinking people are all over the map politically w.r.t. the party line dogma you get spoon fed in America.

Oprah is having a Townhall meeting over the next few days on this topic. Not just Imus but the hip hop and entertainment industry as well. Sharpton is on today as well. Very interesting. If anyone has a chance to watch it or Tivo, do so. I think Oprah has done a pretty good job on calling Sharpton out on some things.