ntrprnr

Imus just got fired

He's a Democrat, now quit being silly and accept the facts instead inventing absurd claims.

I have watched the Imus show daily for years and also listened to him on the radio. Imus himself claimed on numerous occasions to be a registered republican.

However, he also voted for democrats from time to time, most recently John Kerry. It seemed to me that he was critical of both sides and was independent politically.

However, he also voted for democrats from time to time, most recently John Kerry.

I'll judge him based on his actions & the dominant political leaning of his show. Simply stating that because of the way he worded his apology that he must be a Republican as was done is absolutely asinine and classic self-reinforcing bullshit.

He voted for Kerrey and the LA Times calls his show a soapbox for Democrats, Cracker PLEASE!

Republican my ass, although maybe he'll switch back after getting reamed by his own.

I am just telling you what the man said. He is registered as a republican.

And I don't want to hear it. LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA.........................:P

He's a Democrat, now quit being silly and accept the facts instead inventing absurd claims.

I have watched the Imus show daily for years and also listened to him on the radio. Imus himself claimed on numerous occasions to be a registered republican.

However, he also voted for democrats from time to time, most recently John Kerry. It seemed to me that he was critical of both sides and was independent politically.

Thank you. Why is it the republicans/conservatves on DZ.COM refuse to address all teh hate that Imus spewed toward Clinton (both) and Gore? They keep trying to convince everyone that Imus is a Dem, yet refuse to address the batant info that would make one believe he is right. I think he is politically confused, as he voted Kerry, but loves McCain, he denounces Bush, but also denounces bothCLintons in a hateful way and calls Gore evil.

Look, neo-cons on here, the guy has made a farse of politics and that has made him millions, he is neither left or rght, he's just a political anomoly.

Simply stating that because of the way he worded his apology that he must be a Republican as was done is absolutely asinine and classic self-reinforcing bullshit.

Perhaps quit with the PA's.

He voted for Kerrey and the LA Times calls his show a soapbox for Democrats, Cracker PLEASE!

He also pleadged his future vote for McCain; why is ot that you talk the side of Imus you want, but let the other stuff go? Addressing one side of the argument is not objective argumentation.

Republican my ass, although maybe he'll switch back after getting reamed by his own.

He's voting for McCain, a self-described conservative Republican, how is a person voting for a person like that to be considered lefty?:S

He hates teh Clintons and Gore, the current monikers of teh dem party; how does that make him lefty? Instead of teh PA's, explain it.

And I don't want to hear it. LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA.........................:P

Right, if it differs from what you want to hear/read, you shut it out, which is how conservatives argue.

Instead of teh PA's, explain it.

I think his opinions are based on something besides partisan politics. Some people are able to think independently of either party line.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Right, if it differs from what you want to hear/read, you shut it out, which is how conservatives argue.

Oh please, don't compound your error, it WAS a somewhat self-effacing joke. I wrote that intentionally.

Merely claiming PA doesn't give you the moral high ground, especially when you strain to make the accusation.

There's really nothing to say to someone who holds your beliefs on how conservatives behave, and uses it to confer labels both ways, it's patently ludicrous circular reasoning.

Oh please, don't compound your error, it WAS a somewhat self-effacing joke. I wrote that intentionally.

Compound what error? When I said that Imus was a conservative maggot? There is a side of him that is and a side that is liberal; he is a political anomoly. What is usual is that you refuse to acknowledge that Imus is planning on voting for McCain and hates the Clintons and Gore. You just keep spouting ridiculousness about him being a Democrat hen another poster who was a listener said Imus is a self-described registered Republican. Sad really, that you refuse to address both sides. Or is it that him not wearing a swastika armband he must be liberal?

Merely claiming PA doesn't give you the moral high ground, especially when you strain to make the accusation.

Calling my reasoning assinine is a PA. Moral high ground? I never claimed that, I leave that to the rigtwing moralist Catholic baby fuckers. I never claimed a moral hig ground.

Strain? How, because you said so? If you have the ability, argue Imus being:

- Reg Repub
- A Clinton hater
- A McCain supporter
- A Gore hater

Yiou won't, your arguments don't deal with fact, just more of the usual.

There's really nothing to say to someone who holds your beliefs on how conservatives behave, and uses it to confer labels both ways, it's patently ludicrous circular reasoning.

Patently ludicrous reasoning? Instead of the trifecta of PA's, perhaps address the list above. I won't hold my breath.

I think his opinions are based on something besides partisan politics. Some people are able to think independently of either party line.

I tend to agree with you on that.

Keeping with Reagan Repub brother rules, back at every turn regadless of anything.

And some people run from facts on a reguar basis, why not address these and be the first conservative to do so?

- Reg Repub
- A Clinton hater
- A McCain supporter
- A Gore hater

And some people run from facts on a reguar basis, why not address these and be the first conservative to do so?

- Reg Repub
- A Clinton hater
- A McCain supporter
- A Gore hater

The LA times has a lot more credibility than you and your cherry picking. "Democrat soapbox" just about sums it up.

- Reg Repub
- A Clinton hater
- A McCain supporter
- A Gore hater

The LA times has a lot more credibility than you and your cherry picking. "Democrat soapbox" just about sums it up.

List of teh opinions that mean jackshit:

- Media
- mine
- yours

List of attribute that makes a person assigned to one party or another:

- Who they vote for
- Who they like
- Who they dislike

So why not address these attributes of Imus:

- Reg Repub
- A Clinton hater
- A McCain supporter
- A Gore hater

ANSWER: You can't explain how Imus is a registered Repub, a Clinton hater, a Gore hater and a McCain supporter and is somehow a Democrat. Furthermore, he's Iraq war crazy, so that places him hard right. Either keep playing this game of avoid or have the guts to address the issues of how Imus is:

- Reg Repub
- A Clinton hater
- A McCain supporter
- A Gore hater

....and is still a Democrat.....

Simply repeating the same rubbish does not refute the true nature of the show. Get back to me when you've unlearned your circular reasoning.

You can't even agree with Lindsey's insightful observation so entrenched are you.

The LA Times called his show a "Democratic soapbox", based on the substance of the show, they are obviously not a publication to do that if Imus were the right winger you claim.

The guy voted for Kerry but you ignore that, and according to you McCain is some radical right wing guy, that's just laughable. America is full of people on the left who LOVE John McCain and people on the right who call McCain a RINO. Would you call Christopher Hitchens right wing because of his position on Iraq? Would you call Pat Buchanan a radical left winger because he hates Bush?

Your preconceptions about partisan politicts and labels blinds you to the facts, (which you've been filtering in support of your initial conclusion based on circular reasoning) it's sad but entertaining.:D

Simply repeating the same rubbish does not refute the true nature of the show.

Simply continuing to un from my argument doesn't resolve anything. I addressed your side ofthe argument:

- He voted for Kerry
- He hates the Bush's

But you justdon't want to discuss all sides of teh argument including:

- He pledges his vote for McCain
- He is pro Iraq War
- He hates teh Clintons
- He hates Gore
- He is a registered Repblican

Truth is both party pundits dislike him, as they see the opposite side of him and disregard the side of him that parallels their beliefs. The guy has no party affiliation and is all over the map. Hmmm, maybe that's why tehy acall him a shock-jock; just when you have him figured out, he waffles on ya. He has played the public as fools, he has used them for his fiscal gain. There is a conservative maggot side of him and a liberal side, can you refute that? No, it won;t help your argument to do so and you are here to attempt to wn the arg, not find truth. Just explain to me how a guy can be a liberal or a Dem when jis beliefs are:

- He is pro Iraq War
- He hates teh Clintons
- He hates Gore

Just as I can't argue he is a full-time conservative when he:

- Voted for Kerry
- Hates the Bushs

You can't even agree with Lindsey's insightful observation so entrenched are you.

Which was that? He ran away a while ago.

The LA Times called his show a "Democratic soapbox", based on the substance of the show, they are obviously not a publication to do that if Imus were the right winger you claim.

I'm gonna make teh LA Times my homepage and live on their every word.

At the same time, teh Fox news areticle I posted earlier made references he is not left, so fuck teh media. Instead of looking for people to save you here, "Lindsey said...." The LA Times said....", why not actually learn to develope an arguement and stat by addressing all teh points, the substantive points:

- Voted for Kerry
- Hates the Bushs
&
- He is pro Iraq War
- He hates teh Clintons
- He hates Gore

Insteadof, "Uh, my friends all back me and er, uh, the LA newspapaer said so and er, um, uh, that's it." Really sad. USe the overet known facts, not your friend's loyalty or some media rag.

The guy voted for Kerry but you ignore that,...

I don't, but you ignore his pledge to vote for McCain, and that was a year or two ago.

and according to you McCain is some radical right wing guy...

ACCORDING TO MCCAIN HIMSELF, HE IS A CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN; is that hard for you to grasp? He is fiscally conservative, he is bigtime pro war when even staunch conservatives are against it, what else do you need? Do you need a swastika armband for him to be far right? He is a self-described far right winger, but you say no.:S:D

America is full of people on the left who LOVE John McCain and people on the right who call McCain a RINO.

Really, well then who the fuck is voting for McCAin? He is slumming in teh polls, I think he's 3rd at best, so it's all teh sissy liberals looking past Obama, Hillary and Edwards nd voting for McCain? :S:S:S

Would you call Christopher Hitchens right wing because of his position on Iraq? Would you call Pat Buchanan a radical left winger because he hates Bush?

A person's political leanings/position is a total compilation of teh major issues, majot people they back and their issues. 1 deviation is just that, several deviations moves them along the continuum. IOW's, a person has a hard time saying they are pro gay marriage, pro abortion rights, pro welfare and call themselves a conservative. I'm liberal, but I am pro gun and anti affirmative action, but other than that I parallel myself with lefty views. I can find most conservatives with some lefty views, they generally hide them.

Your preconceptions about partisan politicts and labels blinds you to the facts...

Here are the fatcs you have selectively blinded yourself to:

- He is pro Iraq War
- He hates teh Clintons
- He hates Gore
- He is a registered Republican

...and here are the ones you selectively choose to identify:

- Voted for Kerry
- Hates the Bushs

I look at em all, hence the guy is a political roadmap, you selectively ignore teh facts that hurt your argument.

...it's sad but entertaining

And your selective reasoning is typical and tiring[:/]

Have the junk to address this:

- He is pro Iraq War
- He hates teh Clintons
- He hates Gore
- He is a registered Republican

I am not sure I understand the reason behind the debate as to whether or not Imus was/is right or left. I guess I really don't care.

The real reason for this debate should be the different standards between left and right. Which side is trying to define what can and can not be said and why and who really are the bigots with in the players involved.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I am not sure I understand the reason behind the debate as to whether or not Imus was/is right or left. I guess I really don't care.

The real reason for this debate should be the different standards between left and right. Which side is trying to define what can and can not be said and why and who really are the bigots with in the players involved.

It starte by me saying he is a conservative maggot and Lindsey and Dorbie jumped in and said he is lefty liberal. Really a side argument, so you are right, unimportant to the theme of teh thread.

After research I found he is all over the place, hates the Bushs so he voted for Kerry, now is McCain crazy. He's Reg Repub according to one poster that has listened to him for years, he despises the Clintons and Gore too. I find more that supports he leans right, but not by much. The guy has made a fool of his listening audience unless you just listen to him for comedic value and take nothing he says seriously. He is a joke and has established that, but his politics are neither left nor right, they're AFU.

It starte by me saying he is a conservative maggot and Lindsey and Dorbie jumped in and said he is lefty liberal. Really a side argument, so you are right, unimportant to the theme of teh thread.

After research I found he is all over the place, hates the Bushs so he voted for Kerry, now is McCain crazy. He's Reg Repub according to one poster that has listened to him for years, he despises the Clintons and Gore too. I find more that supports he leans right, but not by much. The guy has made a fool of his listening audience unless you just listen to him for comedic value and take nothing he says seriously. He is a joke and has established that, but his politics are neither left nor right, they're AFU.

I did listened a couple of times. I am not in to the shock jock kind of radio.

Anyway, his politics aside (and everybody agreeing his foot is in his mouth all the way to his ass) given what he said, do Jackson and Sharpton have the moral high road to go after him? In your opinion?

(nothing trick or leading here. just interested in your thoughts)
Abraham Lincoln

Just because he's neither right or left, his politics are all fucked-up? Maybe, he goes for the individual rather that party... even though he's a registered republican.

Chuck

Anyone remember the Jery boy's Saul Rosenberg bit. "He injured me with his words I want to sue him."

Remember Jimmy the Greek?

n all fairness, them chicks do look like hos - tattooed nappy haired gangster hos...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Right on!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Imus and Sharpton have been going at it for years........Imus used to call Sharpton a water buffalo with a wig! I do not think what Imus said was racist. Crass and rude, yes....racist, no. Shaprton and Black Power won this round!;)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

- Reg Repub
- A Clinton hater
- A McCain supporter
- A Gore hater

lol....I think it's so funny when people call me a conservative....oh my. But it's only those liberals who are gonna spout the party line regardless of what it is that seem to do so. Likewise, it's funny when conservatives call me liberal. Granted, I've NEVER voted for a republican, but my thinking's still only "liberal" in some areas.

It seems that no matter what the issue, though, somebody's either calling me a conservative to discredit me or calling me a liberal to discredit me. I'm neither. I think it's possible for people to think independently of either party line. I think you could make you a much longer list and find that Imus has check marks on both sides....though the concept may be difficult for some to grasp.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Anyway, his politics aside (and everybody agreeing his foot is in his mouth all the way to his ass) given what he said, do Jackson and Sharpton have the moral high road to go after him? In your opinion?

Who cares? His employers had the right to fire him, they did, and good riddance to him.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Who cares? His employers had the right to fire him, they did, and good riddance to him.

Got no problem with that. That worked out as it should. Oh, and I care cause I aske OK?

Totally irellavent to my question however. (like this is something new from you)
Abraham Lincoln