warpedskydiver

Warning: Grisly Hate Crime Unreported In Major Media

If your conscience is clear do not worry.

that was snotty :S

(jarrod was in line with the moderates in this case, how about just saying, nope, he didn't leave that impression and shouldn't worry about the opinions of total strangers on the internet - except for Vinnie's, of course.)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>Who cares who's got which skin color.

How can you get worked into a lather of righteous rage without knowing what races the people involved are? After all, it's not really a good crime unless you can claim a whole class of people are victims.

Instead of whining about how this story is garnering attention because the victims were white and the assailants were black

I think one of the points in the OP was that this story is not garnering attention. Has it made national news? From my brief research, it looks like all the coverage is local, including an AP report by a local.

This seems to be part of a pattern on under-reporting vicious crimes when the assailant is a member of an "oppressed group" and the victims are part of the "power structure".

Do a little digging and you'll find a boatload of vicious crimes upon white victims that never get anything more than local coverage.

How is that different from any homicide that does not involve a celebrity? Non-celeb homicides are just local news.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Non-celeb homicides are just local news.

Not true at all. Laci Peterson wasn't a celeb; yet she made news and news and news for years. Same with lots of people who are murdered in a particularly heinous way.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Instead of whining about how this story is garnering attention because the victims were white and the assailants were black

I think one of the points in the OP was that this story is not garnering attention. Has it made national news? From my brief research, it looks like all the coverage is local, including an AP report by a local.

This seems to be part of a pattern on under-reporting vicious crimes when the assailant is a member of an "oppressed group" and the victims are part of the "power structure".

Do a little digging and you'll find a boatload of vicious crimes upon white victims that never get anything more than local coverage.

How is that different from any homicide that does not involve a celebrity? Non-celeb homicides are just local news.

Matthew Shepard, James Byrd Jr. :o

http://www.coloringthenews.com/

And the other 16,000+ each year?

Quit reading into things ok?

I promise you nothing.

It would take out 3/4ths of the fun.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

You seem to be saying this is just a run of the mill homicide... that it's really no more noteworthy than the majority of all other homicides. Is that about right?

I wonder how many of those 16,000+ homicides/year are as brutal as these two. [:/]

You seem to be saying this is just a run of the mill homicide... that it's really no more noteworthy than the majority of all other homicides. Is that about right?

I wonder how many of those 16,000+ homicides/year are as brutal as these two. [:/]

You're in the wrong profession - you should become the news editor for a major media outlet, clearly you know the business better than the guys currently doing it.

You're in the wrong profession - you should become the news editor for a major media outlet, clearly you know the business better than the guys currently doing it.

Nice re-direct. You do it so well.

Nice re-direct. You do it so well.

You're whining about how the media are ignoring a story. So do it better yourself, the pay's good.

You're whining about how the media are ignoring a story. So do it better yourself, the pay's good.

I guess the same could be said about almost every contentious post/poster in this forum. :P

Of course, this has nothing to do with the questions I asked you. :o

Why am I supposed to know the fraction of 16,000+ homicides each year that are as brutal as this one, just for your benefit? If you want to know, you look it up. I'm not in the business of doing YOUR homework for you.

If you don't like the way news editors do their job, you can apply.