Zipp0

Keith Urban is suing Keith Urban

It doesn't actually say if Keith Urban is the painter's real name. If it is, then the singer can fuck off, if it's not he may actually have a case.

I read in another story that it is the painter's real name.

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

I hope Keith Urban wins because I can't stand that Keith Urban guy.

--Head

I don't know which is worse - the painting or the country music. Frankly, the smarter of the two would be changing his name to something else and moving on.

I don't know which is worse - the painting or the country music. Frankly, the smarter of the two would be changing his name to something else and moving on.

Nonsense, for the painter it is great publicity. The singer seems to be acting like a twit IMO. If the guy's name is Keith Urban, then the singer has no right to take the site.

Nonsense, for the painter it is great publicity. The singer seems to be acting like a twit IMO. If the guy's name is Keith Urban, then the singer has no right to take the site.

I agree, but I bet that is the way it goes. Trademark and money win every time over some unknown painter and his shoddy web site.

If my name was Ralph Lauren, and I ran a website about my needlework hobby, you can be damn sure they would find a way to get that domain.

I agree, but I bet that is the way it goes. Trademark and money win every time over some unknown painter and his shoddy web site.

If my name was Ralph Lauren, and I ran a website about my needlework hobby, you can be damn sure they would find a way to get that domain.

Not necessarily. We had a similar case here in Italy with the well known "Armani" clothing company suing some unknown Mr. Armani who had put up a rather shoddy website under domain armani.it, advertising the services of his small family-run printing shop.
They lost. In the end Giorgio Armani had to buy the domain off of his less-well-know counterpart. I don't know the exact details but I'm pretty sure the final price was even steeper as a result of Mr. not-Giorgio Armani having to recover his legal expenses.
Sometimes it's best to settle things out of court although I understand things might be quite different on your side of the pond.
Cheers,

Vale