akarunway

USA needs to learn Chinese

would you guys stop saying "ideology" so much? I'm trying to do some work

Amazon doesn't debate, she argues - likely just for the fun of it. It looks obtuse, but it's really just intense persistence. I doubt half of it is even heartfelt, it would be way too cliche and much less utterly random.

If you keep trying, you'll get a headache. Better to sit back and watch the master work on the others.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Everybody knows you're an intolerant, narrow-minded, ultra-conservative, warmonger, neo-con fascist!!!

All you have to do is watch the attendees of the local BUND meeting;)

OR.. parroting the latest talking points from FOX NEWS or the EIB (Lush Rimjob)

Everybody knows you're an intolerant, narrow-minded, ultra-conservative, warmonger, neo-con fascist!!!

All you have to do is watch the attendees of the local BUND meeting;)

OR.. parroting the latest talking points from FOX NEWS or the EIB (Lush Rimjob)

I don't attend any BUND (Bund für Umwelt und Naturschutz Deutschland) meetings. I don't watch FOX News. I don't listen to Rush Limbaugh. Want to try again?

Edit: Actually, I do listen to Rush Limbaugh from time to time so that I know the current viewpoint of the ultra conservatives so that I can prepare arguements against their ultra conservative viewpoints.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

>would you guys stop saying "ideology" so much?

Stop everything
I think I hear the President
The Pied Piper of the TV screen
Is gonna make it simple
And he's got it all mapped out
And illustrated with cartoons
Too hard for clever folks to understand
They're more used to words like:

IDEOLOGY

They're not talking about right and left
They're talking about

Right and wrong - do you know the difference
Between the right and the left and the east and the west
What you know and the things that you'll never see

So what you think
You like the Yankees or the Mets this year
And what about this latest war of words
And what about the Commies?
I saw the news last night
All illustrated with cartoons
So when they come with that opinion poll
They better not use words like

IDEOLOGY

Or try to tell me about the issues

IDEOLOGY

Whose side are you on
We're talking'bout

Between the right and the left and the east and the west
What you know and the things that you'll never see

likely just for the fun of it.

Shusssh you....:P

Sorry - I just find it masterful and a wonderful, marvelous thing.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Amazon doesn't debate, she argues - likely just for the fun of it. It looks obtuse, but it's really just intense persistence. I doubt half of it is even heartfelt, it would be way too cliche and much less utterly random.

She does a spectacular job staying in character...

spectacular. ;)

Rational logic and reasoning must be on vacation, call me when they get back.

Nice PA.....its the internet dude.. trying to get someone to use their fucking minds instead of being one of the sheeple that follow FOX NEWS .. is such a difficult job.

If you really believe that the USA is the Home of the FREE... you are applying outdated homilies that are no longer based on any form of LOGIC.

Hey. When most up these sheeple grow up and wake up and smell the coffee maybe they'll get the big picture and get back to us. If they ain't in gitmo w/ no lawyer.;) I fear it will be way to late by then.[:/]
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Hey. When most up these sheeple grow up and wake up and smell the coffee

Classy - maybe if you call them "dum dum poopy heads" they'll really listen to your opinions

Hey. When most up these sheeple grow up and wake up and smell the coffee maybe they'll get the big picture and get back to us. If they ain't in gitmo w/ no lawyer.;) I fear it will be way to late by then.[:/]

Considering I keep hearing the same things from the same people can I start calling you and the people that produce the same posts as you sheeple? Think for yourself, it might hurt at first but the headaches eventually go away. :P

Edit: Can we move past the sheeple comments and realize that people from both sides possess the ability to think for themselves?
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Are there some parallels, yes. But how many of the major parallels exist? Economic depression (no)

Maybe not at the moment but that can/will change (see china). Besides, your middle class is disappearing so although the country may not be in an economic depression most people may be as society polarizes creating more poor people than rich people.

extreme nationalism (no)

Actually yes, to the point that a good trick some politicians use is to label the opponent of unpatriotic if they don´t comply with their agenda. That only works with extreme patriotism/nationalism.

, totalitarianism (partially progressing towards fully but possible to reverse by not voting for politicians, both democrat and republican, who have allowed this to progress).

It is possible to reverse it but very unlikely, almost utopic. You may change dems or reps but the lobbies behing will side with whoever you choose. Diferent politician, same politics.

It is like a Mr Potato. You can change the nose the eyes and the shoes, but it will be the same Mr Potato.

Actually yes, to the point that a good trick some politicians use is to label the opponent of unpatriotic if they don´t comply with their agenda. That only works with extreme patriotism/nationalism.

Man how they hate that being pointed out to them too...Because some of us are not with them in their desire to demonize anyone who does not agree with their Ultra Conservative NEO CON Right Wing agenda

"We" opened a Wal-Mart there, so maybe Wal-Mart and Google will be able to take them over and end the threat, but then there's the Wal-oogle war that will probably go nuclear...

You know, Sam Walton would be turning over in his grave right now. The direction Wal-Mart took after he died was antithecal to what his vision was.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Are you saying life in the US is like Cold War East Germany?

We just package it better these days.

I'll have you know that the detail that's been following me around was just taken off and added to follow more of your movements and track your activities. I want them back!! [/sarcasm]

Okay, seriously, I can say this, the USA is nothing like, and never was anything like, the former DDR.

I refuse to believe that your perceptions of events over the past 5 years have been the sole source of what has curdled your view of how good we have it here. Have you simply run out of things to complain about? Now it's just, "we suck, we're like communists, they're coming to take me away, they'll come knocking...yada...yada...yada..."
Make light!

I refuse to believe that your perceptions of events over the past 5 years have been the sole source of what has curdled your view of how good we have it here. Have you simply run out of things to complain about? Now it's just, "we suck, we're like communists, they're coming to take me away, they'll come knocking...yada...yada...yada..."

No its more like an administration that you revere.. that spits on our constitution.. Police forces nationwide that are using and abusing the Patriot Act for things it was not intended for..... and no..not communists... FASCISM.. get your isms right.

No its more like an administration that you revere.. that spits on our constitution.. Police forces nationwide that are using and abusing the Patriot Act for things it was not intended for..... and no..not communists... FASCISM.. get your isms right.

Okay, Pessimism...depressionism...cynicism...dejectionism...gloomyism...hopelessnessism...dark-sidedism...

That, in my view, is the perception you have of where you live right now, and I've got news for you. Very little of it has to do with anyone in government. The Patriot Act was not written by the President, or by anyone in his cabinet FYI. Congress had that shit together in record time. The Patriot Act is not "forever".
Make light!

Okay, Pessimism...depressionism...cynicism...dejectionism...gloomyism...hopelessnessism...dark-sidedism...

That, in my view, is the perception you have of where you live right now, and I've got news for you. Very little of it has to do with anyone in government.

Please dont come up with the "drive by media" as the reason... DUDE.. just the crap that Gonzales was spewing in front of the senate last week tells us all a lot of where our country is actually at.

That, in my view, is the perception you have of where you live right now, and I've got news for you. Very little of it has to do with anyone in government.

Please dont come up with the "drive by media" as the reason... DUDE.. just the crap that Gonzales was spewing in front of the senate last week tells us all a lot of where our country is actually at.

Where did I mention media? Did you really read the meaning of my post? Your perception of what is happening and how you feel about it has little to do with the government or the people in it.

This is a participatory government. Spraying venom on the internet about it doesn't really advance an agenda.
Make light!

This is a participatory government. Spraying venom on the internet about it doesn't really advance an agenda.

You are right of course.. its far better to spray lead across other countries in the real world to REALLY advance your agenda. I think we have that one down pat.

You are right of course..

Thank you! That's all you needed to say! ;) I'll cherish it and quote you on this in days, weeks, months, years to come... :):o
Make light!

You are right of course.. its far better to spray lead across other countries in the real world to REALLY advance your agenda. I think we have that one down pat.

Lead? What about depleted uranium?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The Patriot Act was not written by the President, or by anyone in his cabinet FYI. Congress had that shit together in record time. The Patriot Act is not "forever".

One only needs to review proposals by Clinton/Reno/Feinstein in the 90s to know that a Gore Presidency would have been no different with the blank check provided by 9/11.

And while it may have been a personal attack on Amazon, any sincere comparison of the US today to Nazi Germany in the early 30s or Soviet East Germany in the latter half of the century deserves that sort of rebuke. It's not remotely similar. For all the talk that America is a baby nation compared to ancients in Europe (who lag behind Japan and China), our Constitution has been in play for 220 years. Come 1932, Germany had a half century as a nation state.

Maybe not at the moment but that can/will change (see china). Besides, your middle class is disappearing so although the country may not be in an economic depression most people may be as society polarizes creating more poor people than rich people.

The poor of America live better than the majority of the planet. And it remains well ahead of the vast majority of the world in terms of opportunity to jump from the bottom to the top.