CanuckInUSA

The GOP needed a time out, but let's not forget history

The war was the biggy. Even w/o all the republican child mollesters, gay clergy, etc..... the war would have turned the house and maybe the senate. This economy BS is baffling. The economy is crappy for me and lok at the local help wanted. I think there are a lot of unemployed and low paid workers out there, but this is not a booming job market and I think the people said that with their votes.

All the Republican child molesters? I didn't know there was one?

A lot of unemployed out there? According to the Labor Dept. numbers released last Friday, unemployment is at a five year low and wages are up. Hmm.

The war was the biggy. Even w/o all the republican child mollesters, gay clergy, etc..... the war would have turned the house and maybe the senate. This economy BS is baffling. The economy is crappy for me and lok at the local help wanted. I think there are a lot of unemployed and low paid workers out there, but this is not a booming job market and I think the people said that with their votes.

A lot of unemployed out there? According to the Labor Dept. numbers released last Friday, unemployment is at a five year low and wages are up. Hmm.

Jesus, wasn't Foley and a handful of Catholic Priests?

Wages are up? I haven't seen that, but as opposed to 6 years ago, a house costs twice as much and gas is twice as high, so it must be a paycut.

Foley is a child molester? What's your definition of child molester? Mine is pretty simple - inappropriate touching of a child.

Are catholic priests representatives of the GOP?

Foley is a child molester? What's your definition of child molester? Mine is pretty simple - inappropriate touching of a child.

Are catholic priests representatives of the GOP?

It appears that Foley had illicit communications with minors, probably had contact. If we want to talk strict proof, all that has been proven is that he used his position to coerce communications with young guys, is it probable that he used it for sex with young guys? Sure.

Virtually all men of the cloth, I'd say easily 90% vote Republican which is what put the Repubs in power for so long, also all the followers. Now hat they have slimed the Christian vote, they are no longer in total power.

To disconnect religious leaders from the Republicans is nuts. Christians are very politically procative people and bet that most vote.

It appears that Foley had illicit communications with minors, probably had contact. If we want to talk strict proof, all that has been proven is that he used his position to coerce communications with young guys, is it probable that he used it for sex with young guys? Sure.

Virtually all men of the cloth, I'd say easily 90% vote Republican which is what put the Repubs in power for so long, also all the followers. Now hat they have slimed the Christian vote, they are no longer in total power.

To disconnect religious leaders from the Republicans is nuts. Christians are very politically procative people and bet that most vote.

Why rely on facts when unsupported assertions will do?

In this last election 55% of Catholics voted Democrat as did over 40% of Evangelical/Born Agains.

While I find what has been disclosed about Foley's behavior to be disgusting, I have not read anything that has shown him to be a child molester.

Jeez, guys! GWB is the living, breathing epitome of the Peter Principle in action. I'm sure that there are many others in politics, but right now he is the poster child.

And I ask again...Would you say the same of Democrats like Kerry? Pelosi? Clinton?

If not then your bias is showing.

Wages are up?

Yes and so is the stock market, home ownership and aslew of other things you ignore since you don't like them even if most economists think they are good indicators of the economy.

I haven't seen that, but as opposed to 6 years ago, a house costs twice as much and gas is twice as high, so it must be a paycut.

Total BS, use facts to support your economic rants, not just personal opinion.

FACT: Home ownership is higher than EVER.
FACT: stock market is higher than ever.

Jeez, guys! GWB is the living, breathing epitome of the Peter Principle in action. I'm sure that there are many others in politics, but right now he is the poster child.

And I ask again...Would you say the same of Democrats like Kerry? Pelosi? Clinton?

If not then your bias is showing.

You might try reading what I wrote.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Could someone clarify for me? I thought the Peter Principle said that a person will rise to the level of their incompetence. If that is the case, then doesn't it apply to everyone? In that case then yes it would apply to Clinton, Pilosi, and Kerry. (Of course, their levels of incompetence may be higher or lower than George Dub's)

Again, I could be wrong about the Peter Principle thing.

Could someone clarify for me? I thought the Peter Principle said that a person will rise to the level of their incompetence. If that is the case, then doesn't it apply to everyone? In that case then yes it would apply to Clinton, Pilosi, and Kerry. (Of course, their levels of incompetence may be higher or lower than George Dub's)

Didn't you get the memo? Dems can do no wrong...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Don;t worry about us, it's you. As even Bill Maher said, the Dems didn;t win this, the Repubs list it. I totally agree, the Dems need to start unfucking the corruption the Repubs have laid and maybe they can win the White House on 08 and deepen their hold of COngress.

But the Repubs need to quit looking the other way, IT'S THEM.

Don;t worry about us, it's you. As even Bill Maher said, the Dems didn;t win this, the Repubs list it. I totally agree, the Dems need to start unfucking the corruption the Repubs have laid and maybe they can win the White House on 08 and deepen their hold of COngress.

But the Repubs need to quit looking the other way, IT'S THEM.

Sorry - can't blame the Reps for what goes wrong anymore, when the Dhims hold Congress. Nice try, though.

I'm still waiting for that plan, though... something besides "Change the course" or a "retrograde deployment to Taiwan" (the Murtha Gambit) would be nice... something to reassure the people that the Dhim actually HAD a plan other than "get the Reps out of office but keep blaming everything wrong on them".
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

You're not so much wrong as you are overly-broadening the definition of the Peter Principle. The Peter Principle is that in a bureaucracy, a person of limited capabilities tends to keep getting promoted until he gets one-too-many promotions, to a level just beyond his level of competence. Then, politically, the bureaucracy tends to keep him in place (because the upper manager who unwisely promoted the middle manager doesn't want to admit his own mistake) rather than fire or demote him...so he just stays at his position, wallowing along in his incompetence.

But the Peter Principle doesn't necessarily apply to all people or situations. On the one hand, in reality, some people do get fired, demoted or transferred to remedy their incompetence. And on the other hand, some people are so competent that they handle every position they've ever occupied competently.

Nope, thats it. Some only want it to apply to others.

Don;t worry about us, it's you. As even Bill Maher said, the Dems didn;t win this, the Repubs list it.

I hope you meant "lost". I agree, the problem is if the best you can do is not be the other guy, thats pretty sad. And that can only get you so far...And into office was that distance.

So now the Dems have been saying about how much better they could do since they are not the Repubs. Now they have to put up, or they also will fall since the next group will not be them as well.

Sorry - can't blame the Reps for what goes wrong anymore, when the Dhims hold Congress. Nice try, though

Yes, you can. The actions put into effect will have lasting results.

I am looking forward to seeing if the Dems can do anything they promised. Some of it could be OK, but now it seems hunting season has changed from Repub being in season to Dems coming into season.

Sorry - can't blame the Reps for what goes wrong anymore, when the Dhims hold Congress. Nice try, though

Yes, you can. The actions put into effect will have lasting results.

I am looking forward to seeing if the Dems can do anything they promised. Some of it could be OK, but now it seems hunting season has changed from Repub being in season to Dems coming into season.

I agree, that the current policies will have longer lasting effects - but that's not how I saw his post. It seemed to me to be more of a "it'll still be the Republican's fault" spew that Dean was trying to pass off on the news shows this weekend.

My point was, you can't have it both ways - if you're going to say that the Dems got Congress because of the "failed policies of the Republicans" (and let's face it - there were plenty), then you can't keep blaming those policies once the Dems are in charge and start setting policy of their own.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

My point was, you can't have it both ways - if you're going to say that the Dems got Congress because of the "failed policies of the Republicans" (and let's face it - there were plenty), then you can't keep blaming those policies once the Dems are in charge and start setting policy of their own.

Agreed, but they will try it. One of the first steps is to blame the last guy. And in some cases it is true. For example there is almost no way the Dems can get the US out of Iraq. However they made the claim they would. So, they will turn and blame Bush (He did get us there so that is fair). But they will do it to try and get a Dem in the White House and to try and protect their jobs.

So right now, unless the Dems screw up, I see a Dem winning the WH in 08. But some of the voters that voted "against" (not for) them will become disenfranchised and look for other answers.

Agreed, but they will try it. One of the first steps is to blame the last guy. And in some cases it is true. For example there is almost no way the Dems can get the US out of Iraq. However they made the claim they would. So, they will turn and blame Bush (He did get us there so that is fair). But they will do it to try and get a Dem in the White House and to try and protect their jobs.

So right now, unless the Dems screw up, I see a Dem winning the WH in 08. But some of the voters that voted "against" (not for) them will become disenfranchised and look for other answers.

Possibly so - just like with this election, it's going to depend on how well the Dem's do their jobs (or SHOULD work that way - too bad it so seldom does).
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706