Lindsey

Racial Tension

That is a really lousy analogy. Skydivers don't have their "communities" leadership make speeches about how society owes them reparations based on the color of their skin, .

I have this funny idea that being black made you more likely to be enslaved in the southern states. I also seem to have heard that voting rights were more likely to be denied if you had black skin, and that your kids had to go to inferior schools if you had black skin, and that you weren't allowed in the nicer restaurants or country clubs (well, except as a caddy) if you had black skin.

Yes, I'm sure I heard something like that somewhere.

So if reparations for injustice are due (a common feature of our litigious society) then the color of skin might be relevant.

Billvon used the skydiver/tandem instructor analogy to compare against what people will think of minorities that engage in riots. Some leaders of the black community say that past oppression excuses the crimes committed now. They must get preferential treatment because of prior prejudice, it shouldn't matter if they are already wealthy or if any of their family was ever subject to the prejudice. Yes, I'm sure I heard something like that somewhere from their leaders.

Skydivers have no such complaints about the majority persecuting them, so I think it is a lousy analogy.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Linz is not racist, not by a long shot. Her son was shot at by a guy who was black. I'd be interested in finding out if he'd've shot at a black kid, or was just shooting at kids. Shooting at kids is a bad thing irrespective of the reason, though...

For those who are mentioning the whole slave reparation thing, I'm wondering if they realize that the US didn't invent slavery; and that the US outlawed slavery within a century of it's being formed under a constitution. I wonder if those facts escape those people...I'd guess that they do.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

NOPE:D

Come on John, who the hell you think your talking to?

:D:D:D

What have you done with Randy?

We are holding him in an undisclosed location and will torture him endlessly, using naked females, sex, and drugs if you don't comply with our demands!!!

And false moves and he will be immediatly smothered in large american breasts:|

NOPE:D

Come on John, who the hell you think your talking to?

:D:D:D

What have you done with Randy?

We are holding him in an undisclosed location and will torture him endlessly, using naked females, sex, and drugs if you don't comply with our demands!!!

And false moves and he will be immediatly smothered in large american breasts:|

We don't give in to blackmail. Do your worst.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.