NoShitThereIWas

ALL SKYDIVERS PLEASE READ- Especially Missouri skydivers

Every skydiver needs to know the political position a candidate is taking against our skydiving community. DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT VOTE for Talent. This guy is the BIGGEST SHIT I have ever seen. If the story is still on the news (they change periodically) there is a direct video with an interview with Kimberly Dear's father who states that my buddy Robert Cook saved her life consciously and collectively by cushioning her blow.

Sidenote: (Sorry) Robert, I always knew you were a fuckin stud. Way to go man, you saved her life! You were always my hero before, but even moreso now. I love you man and I miss you already. You and Scott and Rob and Dave go swoop the heavens and you can show us the best spots when we get there. There is nothing to hurt you now.

Go to: www.kmov.com. There is a story link, something about interview with survivor of plane crash's father...

If it is no longer available, I am going to copy the information here so it is available for anyone to read.

So you have a little bit of background, I had the pleasure of getting to know Melissa at our DZ Quantum Leap. Before the day the crash happened, I was one of her instructors. My friends Robyn, Steve and Scott got her safely to me in time for barrel rolls and another jump focusing on tracking. Scott took Melissa under his wing for her AFF training.

My guess is that Melissa was probably doing her 1st solo unless she had made jumps prior that day. During the couple of jumps I made with her, I got to know her a little bit. I asked her what she does for a living. She told me she was involved in campaigning and that she had something to do with the financial advising. She said that basically her job was to keep politicians in check and tell them No, No, No ... you can't do that when they wanted to spend or somehow misuse money. That was the gist of it anyway.

So I am on the internet newssites this morning to see if there is anymore breaking news before I have to get ready for Scott's funeral. And I see the interview with Kim's Dad and then some information about... I will just quote it:

News commentator: "Now one of the other skydivers killed was Melissa Berridge. She was Claire McCaskill's campaign compliance director. Her death is leaving some bitter words in Missouri senate...

It's too long to write but go see for yourself. I'm guessing there is a senate race between McCaskill and Talent. Talent is claiming that some financial report was not filed. That report was Melissa Berridge's. McCaskill has a receipt that the report was filed. Talent responded that the non receipt is an indication of Melissa's incompetence, and continues to state other insensitive words.

McCaskill responds in a politically correct manner by essentially saying how frickin insensitive and demands an apology to Melissa's family...

He responds with cold, callous words and persists with his position without an apology. If he gets his eyes on this, I'd like to say, HEY ASSHOLE, she just lost her life to a plane crash. STFU and if you don't know what that means you are too stupid to run for Senate.

It's disgusting and I cannot believe there are people out there especially in the public eye who are capable of acting this way.

One thing is for sure, TALENT WILL NOT GET MY VOTE and after I am done going to the funerals, he is gonna get a letter from me.

I urge all of you to watch the clip and do the same. His actions are nothing less than disgusting.
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

When a skydiver dies in a plane crash and her job is related to politics and the opposing politician states that something was not filed because of incompetence... Did you watch the news clip? I don't follow politics completely, I generally have more important things to do. When a public person like a senator takes a stand like that, that is like saying he does not respect our loss. Melissa was a loss to the entire skydiving community. What happened to her could have happened to you. If it happened to you, in some way if would affect me.

That's like being completely insensitive and using someone's death to try and make them look incompetent because you are trying to get ahead. Can you get it now? Duh

And yes it may be convoluted, but you can watch the clip and get the idea and frankly it pisses me off.

When a skydiver dies in a plane crash and her job is related to politics and the opposing politician states that something was not filed because of incompetence... Did you watch the news clip?

That's like being completely insensitive and using someone's death to try and make them look incompetent because you are trying to get ahead. Do you not see it? Duh

I did not watch it, I did not see the link. You provided a link to the main news site but not to a clip with this politician. I am watching the clip with the father now, but I don't see a politician.

In anycase, if the guy is using death to a political advantage, he is an asshat, but I don't see from what you have posted, how that is a "stance" against the "skydiving community?"

Certain;y anyone who says that brings up the incompetence of a deceased person so soon after the fact would not be getting my vote.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

I don't see this as a stance against the skydiving community. What I DO see is use of an opportune moment to make accusations against someone who is no longer able to defend herself. She can no longer say, "As a matter of fact, I did. Here is proof." Only others can provide the proof.

I think THAT is an asshat thing to do.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

You have to go to kmov.com Then you have to go to news and click that. Then to a link on the left. I was too upset before to copy down everything and it would have been too lengthy. I probably shouldn't be posting right now the way I feel anyway but the news is on for such a short time and it was so unbelievable to me that I had to tell people so they knew if they voted the kind of person Talent is. I find his words and actions a disrespect to this community. It wasn't just because I knew Melissa personally, if any politician acted that way toward anyone in the skydiving community, I would not want him or her to have my vote. That is what this post was all about.

Sorry for the ramble

Thanks for the link.

NoShitThereIWas: It says that Talent had nothin to do with it though; it was Sloca of the Republican Party that made the press release. It even says that Talent sent a personal letter of condolence before the release.

Well, I was laying like 10:1 odds that this ass is a Repblican..... and I was right. Not only that but he looks like a goober.

http://talent.senate.gov/default.cfm?CFID=8494903&CFTOKEN=31019205

Why don't you join the opposition (McCaskill) to oust this POS if he comes up this Nov? Does he come up this Nov?

More Repblican payoff via campaign contribution sleeze from this guy:

http://www.firedupmissouri.com/node/4585

Here's another good one:

http://www.firedupmissouri.com/taxonomy/term/203

No wonder Talent votes with the President 94% of the time

Senator Jim Talent's lack of character is on full display as he continues to ignore the request of the Berridge family that he apologize for the attack on Melissa's job performance.

Here's the story from KMOV-TV in St. Louis, including footage of Melissa's brother:

Paul Sloca routinely speaks for Senator Talent, and he was doing so yesterday, when after it was clear that Melissa filed the FEC report in a timely way, he said, it was "sad that Claire McCaskill's campaign is hiding behind the unfortunate death of a staffer to hide (McCaskill's) incompetence. It's very disturbing they would use this, the death of one of their staffers. It boggles the mind. It's despicable."

No, what boggles the mind is that Senator Jim Talent not only lacks the character to apologize when he is clearly in the wrong, but he is now trying to evade responsibility entirely.

Here's a site from McCaskill that illustrates Talent's objectives:

http://www.claireonline.com/content.jsp?content_KEY=1400

So I agree, get this POS out of the seante. >:(

And besides being an insensitve prick, what was the stand against the skydiving community?

Evan as indirect as it might be, anytime someone draws negative attention to skydivers it IS an attack on skydiving. So what if he takes the heat that he is now dealt for being insensitive and goes after skydiving in his state? Hell, how about federally, since he is a Senator, he could do some damage and this is too close to home. He might take the call to apologize personally and transgress.

Evan as indirect as it might be, anytime someone draws negative attention to skydivers it IS an attack on skydiving.

:D:D:D

Ready for a pre-emptive strike against potential enemies of the "ever so united" skydiving community, tiger?:|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Evan as indirect as it might be, anytime someone draws negative attention to skydivers it IS an attack on skydiving.

:D:D:D

Ready for a pre-emptive strike against potential enemies of the "ever so united" skydiving community, tiger?:|

Joke as you may, but the slippery slope can lead to a landslide of legislation and insurance requirments that could trash skydiving....... glad you can take it so lightly.[:/]

Joke as you may, but the slippery slope can lead to a landslide of legislation and insurance requirments that could trash skydiving.......

Then instead of worrying about what a politician may do to draw attention to the sport, skydivers would be better inspired to see what THEY can do to stop cratering themselves like a meteor shower, which is definitely drawing a lot of attention lately.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Joke as you may, but the slippery slope can lead to a landslide of legislation and insurance requirments that could trash skydiving.......

Then instead of worrying about what a politician may do to draw attention to the sport, skydivers would be better inspired to see what THEY can do to stop cratering themselves like a meteor shower, which is definitely drawing a lot of attention lately.

That's a pretty sensitive way of saying that we have had too many fatalities lately.

It's ok, so you align yourself with Senator Talent; noted.

Yep, GTA and I, the two of us do...
I don't know where you got this from, but whatever flips your skirt.
I just think that if you really believe that "anytime someone draws negative attention to skydivers it IS an attack on skydiving", then you should take your soap box to the DZ and start preaching to the locals.
WE, as skydivers, do a lot to draw negative attention to the sport. More so than a politician can do.
I would personally dismiss what politicians say in this case as being pure demagogy.

Yep, GTA and I, the two of us do...
I don't know where you got this from, but whatever flips your skirt.
I just think that if you really believe that "anytime someone draws negative attention to skydivers it IS an attack on skydiving", then you should take your soap box to the DZ and start preaching to the locals.
WE, as skydivers, do a lot to draw negative attention to the sport. More so than a politician can do.
I would personally dismiss what politicians say in this case as being pure demagogy.

It's all cummulative and does no good, especially when a senator is involved. You do realize a senator has assloads of power with only 100 of them. A representative has far less of course.

Even if teh USPA is victorious, it costs our lawyers there, so the costs are passed along. I don;t see skydiving evaporating, just being restricted and with membership falling it doen;t help either. I don;t think we will ever be given protected class status.

And besides being an insensitve prick, what was the stand against the skydiving community?

Evan as indirect as it might be, anytime someone draws negative attention to skydivers it IS an attack on skydiving. So what if he takes the heat that he is now dealt for being insensitive and goes after skydiving in his state? Hell, how about federally, since he is a Senator, he could do some damage and this is too close to home. He might take the call to apologize personally and transgress.

Read my post above again please. The press release was not even done by Talent's campaign; it was done by the state republican committee. Contrary to popular belief, these two bodies are not always on the same page. Nor did it mention ANYTHING about the horrors and dangers of skydiving. What it was was an insenstive and thoughtless act about a WOMAN who HAPPENED to have died on a skydiving plane.

Here's an article were her sister recounts what Robert told her before the impact. Very impressive.

Clicky

I don't see how that is possible. It sounds like they are saying that after they caught the pole, but before they hit the ground, the instructor clipped to the student, made the comment, then they crashed?
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

I am going to post to this thread again when I have more time and include contact info. for those who care enough to share their thoughts with Talent's cabinet or whatever you would call them. I would call them pricks but that is just me.

I would urge everyone to write a letter regarding their insensitive, inappropriate comments. Whether they knew or not, they should not have had any problem publicly apoligizing for their ignorance which they refused to do even after being proved wrong. It was a slap in the face to Melissa's family and friends.

As far as Frenchy's remark about how we should stop "cratering ourselves" ourselves into the ground, I find that particularly offensive in light of this thread which was started as a result of a person's death who had no control whatsoever over the fact that she was"cratered into the ground" as you so insensitively put it.

Edited to add that this post was made by NoShitThereIWas accidentally on Kurbe105's account. So should you have any issues with this post you can PM NoShitThereIWas.

Blue skies.