kenneth21441

Smoke pot and drive in Michigan will cost you

Ask any therapist what % of their patients are former drig addicts.

Ask any pulmonologist or oncologist what % of their patients are former smokers. Or internal medicine guys about the effects of longerm alcohol use. Or just about any doctor what % of their patients suffer from effects of obesity or lack of exercise.

Wendy W.

Goring other people's oxen is always a popular pastime with the authoritarian right.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Suppose I went to Amsterdam last week and smoked legally there. I come back and get a DUI?

Right.

DUI is driving under the influence. One week after smoking I am not still under the influence.

Since, hopefully, nobody is arguing for the right to drive while actually under the influence, it seems the biggest complaint here is with the shortcomings of modern tests.

One solution to this would be for marijuana users to unite and develop a test that could prove one way or the other if they are impaired at a given moment, regardless of the presence of THC.

Abuse and use are two different things.

So where do you draw the line? To abuse you must first use. (Johnny Cochran voice)

abuse is defined by use despite negative consequences. For the most part, the negative consequences are legal in nature, and severe enough that any use mght be called abuse.

In the long time frame, it would seem likely that pot smoking should have similar health issues to smoking other plants.

--
hopefully a jury will see the obvious - this person was in a car accident in poor weather, and the THC was irrelevent. Or lacking evidence to the contrary, can't be assumed to be relevent.

>Perhaps we need to have a law that would require someone to obtain a "users" insurance policy so that society isn't burdened with their choice to medicate themselves. Would you support such a law if it meant you could smoke pot?

as long as it applies to people that drink any kind of beer or booze
sure, why not

TOBACCO 340,000 to 450,000
ALCOHOL (Not including 50% of all highway deaths and 65% of all murders) 150,000+
ASPIRIN (Including deliberate overdose) 180 to 1,000+
CAFFEINE (From stress, ulcers, and triggering irregular heartbeats, etc.) 1,000 to 10,000
"LEGAL" DRUG OVERDOSE (Deliberate or accidental) from legal, prescribed or patent medicines and/or mixing with alcohol - e.g. Valium/alcohol 14,000 to 27,000

All these things KILL. Let's push for a law that would OUTLAW all these things.
Skydiving can kill or injure you. Let's push for a law to OUTLAW skydiving.
ANYTHING that may possibly harm a person should be outlawed. Screw personal choice. The government knows better than any one individual. We are but a bunch of freaking idiots and ONLY the government knows what is good for us.
Your next skydive may be your last. Let's hope that this potential danger is taken from the idiots who wish to harm themselves by jumping from aircraft. It is only for your own good that the government should ban it.:S
If a government wants to impose a zero tolerance policy, then do it across the board. Trace amount of alcohol on a persons breath, regardless if it is just from mouthwash, then off to jail you go. No questions asked. Drive a car with ANY AMOUNT of alcohol in your body, you are impaired. ZERO TOLERANCE.
Personaly, I think that the alcohol industry should be shut down. It is one of the top killers in the world.
Alcohol for ANY use, regardless, should be outlawed. ZERO TOLERANCE.
Again, any activity that may poise a threat to your well being should be outlawed.
Why should the insurance industry be burdened by people who slam the ground in a low turn. OUTLAW LOW TURNS. Better yet outlaw jumping completely and avoid the low turn possibility thus saving the insurance industry thousands of dollars.
Smoking mj is much safer than jumping. There is no known relation to detrimental health consequences related to mj. Mj is well on it's way to legalization for medical use as well as recreational use. If you do not like it, don't use it. Let individuals decide for themselves.
I am well aware of the danger of skydiving yet, it is my choice. Not that of another who is appalled that a person would put themself at such a risk.
Freedom is personal choice to do what in no way affect another.
(I actually do not think that alcohol should be banned. Drink if you want. It does nothing for me and it is my choice not to drink. Just do not drive if you choose to do so.)

I am armed with the facts.
http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=3376
You shore up a flimsy defence with rhetoric.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Ask any therapist what % of their patients are former drig addicts.

Ask any pulmonologist or oncologist what % of their patients are former smokers. Or internal medicine guys about the effects of longerm alcohol use. Or just about any doctor what % of their patients suffer from effects of obesity or lack of exercise.

Wendy W.

Goring other people's oxen is always a popular pastime with the authoritarian right.

Except I agree with her. Smoking cigarettes, doing drugs and drinking alcohol excessively causes one to sit on their ass and not get enough exercise which leads to obesity later in life.

Mmmm... I like my gored ox bar-b-qued. :D