StreetScooby

Bodies of G.I.'s Show Signs of Torture, Iraqi General Says

> not so much as a peep from these Stupid Human Rights Activist
>has occured to my knowledge is my primary point.

Just like we haven't heard a peep from the right wingers here about the Iraqi police who shot and killed two US soldiers. They must not care about US soldiers dying if it doesn't further their political goals! That's certainly the only possible explanation for their silence on the issue.

I'm outraged about it. How much outrage are we supposed to have to satisfy you? One of the Iraqis is dead and the other one is in jail. Your point is.....

I'm peeping up now, send them killers to the front of the line to recieve their 72 virgins before they are all gone.

Thats one peep, now you can move on to another response.

> They must not care about US soldiers dying if it doesn't further their political goals!

An interesting response, and each soldiers death is furthering yours?

Where did you get that? In no way did I imply that.

'Doing that (torture) since their prophet (Mohammed) was alive'. Thats how I read it.

I was just pointing out that torture, for every civilisation, goes back beyond the dawn of time.

As standards of decency evolve, so things like torture and capital punishment become increasingly unacceptable in advanced societies.

So why does the US indulge in both with the overwhelming consent of its people?
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Right now it's only speculation. Post-mortem will reveal whether they were tortured prior to death, or whether they were mutilated afterwards. The enemy lacks any respect for the dead, let alone the living, and don't forget that lies and propaganda are their most effective weapons.

I hope those GIs sold their lives dearly, and died fighting.

It is also interesting to note how rarely this sort of thing happens. GIs are very hard to kill, which is why the RHIFWs rely largely on terror weapons (e.g., IEDs) to do their fighting for them.

mh

Big boys game, big boys rules.:|
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I'm also glad the article is descriptive. People need to be reminded of the kind of sadistic sub-humans we are up against.

How do you say that in Arabic?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060619/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_soldiers_charged
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I'm also glad the article is descriptive. People need to be reminded of the kind of sadistic sub-humans we are up against.

If they murdered innocent people then they need to stand trial and be judged.

Are you somehow trying to show parity to torturing someone by cutting off their testicles, gouging out their eyes, ripping out their hearts and cutting off their heads? It's pretty sad you don't see the difference.

It's war, both side do horrible things. You guys had some interesting tactics too back in the 1970s in Ireland.

If they murdered innocent people then they need to stand trial and be judged.

Are you somehow trying to show parity to torturing someone by cutting off their testicles, gouging out their eyes, ripping out their hearts and cutting off their heads? It's pretty sad you don't see the difference.

Deads dead. How do you know those dead iraqis wern't tortured first either....You don't.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

It's war, both side do horrible things. You guys had some interesting tactics too back in the 1970s in Ireland.

Very true not to mention in the 80's and 90's as well. But like I said before Big boys game, big boys rules. Its a war, shit happens suck it up
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Very true. But like I said before Big boys game, big boys rules. Its a war, shit happens suck it up

I call BS! If we (USA) nuked the place and made it a nice sheet of glass in the name of war, you'd be crying foul or would you still say "suck it up?" :|

steveOrino

For all its nice toys the US military is unable to fight anything other than a asymetrical war against countries unable to defend themselves on the field. Why? Because the American people will not accept losses of its soldiers of any size. So consequently you will find yourselves time and time again fighting COIN operations of which up to now you have little if any experience. The enemy will use all means at his disposal to terrorise you and kill you. You will do the same. It isn't pretty, it isn't nice but it is the way it is. Unless your country sorts out its forigen policys you'd better just get used to it.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Sorry, your question was so far from the realms of reality I thought it was a retorical question.

I'm against the war in Iraq, always have been so its obvious that I wouldn't approve of a crime against humanity. What the difference? One is a crime against the individual the other is a crime against humanity. You sign on the dotted line you take your chances, you're a soldier and your job is to kill just as your enemys job is to kill you. If you come from a society where the only way to get a decent education is to be rich or become a soldier then I pity you because that means that your going to end up fighting with people who proberbly should be in college not on the front line.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

>Would you still say suck it up, war is war yada yada yada if we
>leveled the place?

If they had nuked New York and leveled it, then a response in kind (provided we knew who did it) would be appropriate.

We have, unfortunately, tortured and killed innocent Iraqis. So although this incident is a despicable and cowardly act, we best get off the high horse about it, and instead focus our efforts towards ensuring acts like this (perpetrated by either side) do not reoccur.

>Would you still say suck it up, war is war yada yada yada if we
>leveled the place?

If they had nuked New York and leveled it, then a response in kind (provided we knew who did it) would be appropriate.

We have, unfortunately, tortured and killed innocent Iraqis. So although this incident is a despicable and cowardly act, we best get off the high horse about it, and instead focus our efforts towards ensuring acts like this (perpetrated by either side) do not reoccur.

I'm only asking to what limits will he say "war is war, suck it up" So, Jamile, what is your limit?

steveOrino

Bill, by your reasoning we have the right to kill 2000 innocent people in one swift attack to retaliate against the terrorist.:|

steveOrino

>Bill, by your reasoning we have the right to kill 2000 innocent
>people in one swift attack to retaliate against the terrorist.

We've already killed tens of thousands of innocent people in Iraq. So we've used up our "credit."

Bill, by your reasoning we have the right to kill 2000 innocent people in one swift attack to retaliate against the terrorist.:|

What has 9/11 got to do with Iraq? Nothing.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

>Bill, by your reasoning we have the right to kill 2000 innocent
>people in one swift attack to retaliate against the terrorist.

We've already killed tens of thousands of innocent people in Iraq. So we've used up our "credit."

But you are saying it was okay, right? Based on your reply, right?

steveOrino

What has 9/11 got to do with Iraq? Nothing.

I never said it did. Bil brought up that analogy. I simply want to know to what limit will YOU say war is war, suck it up?

steveOrino

One event is a crime against the individual your scenario is a crime against humanity. I would obviously be against such an act. You sign on the dotted line and you take your chances, you're a soldier and your job is to kill the enemy just as its his to kill you. If you happen to live in a society in which the only way to get a decent education is to be rich or join the forces then I pity those forces because the guy covering you might be better suited to be behind a desk in college not behind a rifle in Iraq. You may as well just have a draft.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca