Amazon

One down 30 million to go...Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi is Dead....

I just watched the video of the bombing and it's crazy how many civilians must have been destroyed from the blast.. The explosions were huge!

Civilians on the street probably knew who he was, knew his comings and goings, and turned a blind eye. Guilty by complicity. Maybe one of them should have taken him out personally, collected $25 Mil. and gone to Disney World.

Predictable response... He was in a safe house in some neighborhood so everyone in all the surrounding houses in that area deserve to be killed too... that's a little bit ridiculous. I bet that that there were kids, young adults, adults, grandparents all over the area that was hit... not some network of 4 or 5 safehouses, but an entire neighborhood/community of innocent people killed. Watch the video, it's pretty fucked up.

better to kill 100 innocent people and the 1 you want, than to not kill the 1 you want :S

Civilians on the street probably knew who he was, knew his comings and goings, and turned a blind eye. Guilty by complicity. Maybe one of them should have taken him out personally, collected $25 Mil. and gone to Disney World.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Predictable response... He was in a safe house in some neighborhood so everyone in all the surrounding houses in that area deserve to be killed too... that's a little bit ridiculous.

If there's a meth lab across the street from you, and you choose to ignore it because "It's none of your business", On the day that the bust goes down, and shit starts to happen, anything that happens to you or your property is caused by complicity. The same would go for harboring a known fugitive. Some of those people looked at him as a Jesse James or a Pancho Villa.
If you don't want innocents killed, get them the hell out of the way.

>If there's a meth lab across the street from you, and you choose to
>ignore it because "It's none of your business", On the day that the
> bust goes down, and shit starts to happen, anything that happens
> to you or your property is caused by complicity. The same would go
> for harboring a known fugitive.

Let's say your neighbors have someone over. You don't know them. Do you:

a) force open their door, demand to see the visitor's ID, and check with the cops to make sure they're OK?

b) ask them about it later?

By your reasoning, if you do b) you are complicit and deserve to die.

Let's say your neighbors have someone over. You don't know them. Do you:

a) force open their door, demand to see the visitor's ID, and check with the cops to make sure they're OK?

b) ask them about it later?

By your reasoning, if you do b) you are complicit and deserve to die.

GIVE ME A BREAK! From what I see on TV, these people live their lives on the street. If this guy was in the area long enough for someone to rat on him, and then we were able to follow his spiritual advisor; Now there's a joke; for two hours with a drone, his wherabouts wasn't a total secret. Either take he and his cohorts out, or get out of town, knowing that the fire is fixing to fall.

I just watched the video of the bombing and it's crazy how many civilians must have been destroyed from the blast.. The explosions were huge!

I'm all about getting the mad guy, but it's really a shame how many iraqi civilians are getting killed by non-iraqis to accomplish this goal.

You make a good point. So hes dead, it won't make a blind bit of difference. There are hundreds willing to take his place and the fact that he died in a house that contained a woman and a child who were also killed by American bombs will only further the his Myth. He was a bit player and was made enemy number one due to the fact that the White house wanted to pull focus from the fact that Bin Laden had slipped the net. Would America have been so quick to drop two 500lb bombs on a house if they had intelligence that he had been found in a house in New Jersey? Of course not. Why then is it ok to do it in a neighbourhood in Iraq? Why? Because they're not white Americans.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

GIVE ME A BREAK! From what I see on TV, these people live their lives on the street. If this guy was in the area long enough for someone to rat on him, and then we were able to follow his spiritual advisor; Now there's a joke; for two hours with a drone, his wherabouts wasn't a total secret. Either take he and his cohorts out, or get out of town, knowing that the fire is fixing to fall.

Now THIS is a prime example of what they call "armchair quarterbacking", with instant replay even!

Zarqawi was a major figurehead. No one believes this will stop the violence, but this is a great victory nonetheless.:)
:D :D :D

how many american soldiers were killed yesterday? or last week ? or over the last month ? it's not a victory.... you're still losing, this just was a small blip that meant you were losing slightly less... but you'll be back to normal tomorrow and you'll be losing soldiers left, right and centre again

so, savour your tiny victory :S

Who is this "you" "your" you keep talking about?? I notice you have nothing written in your profile, so I don't even know where you're from.

I didn't want this war, but as long as we are in it I will be glad when our troops score a victory.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Interesting article on the subject from the Washington Post.

Iraqi Tribes Strike Back at Insurgents
In Turbulent Areas, Zarqawi's Fighters Are Target of Leaders and a New Militia

By John Ward Anderson
Washington Post Foreign Service
Tuesday, March 7, 2006; A12

BAGHDAD, March 6 -- First they killed the chief of the Naim tribe and his son. Then they killed a top tribal sheik who headed the Fallujah city council. Then they assassinated the leader of the al-Jubur tribe.

And now the reported killers of all these men -- al-Qaeda in Iraq, the insurgent group of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi -- have a powerful new enemy.

Tribal chiefs in Iraq's western Anbar province and in an area near the northern city of Kirkuk, two regions teeming with insurgents, are vowing to strike back at al-Qaeda in Iraq, a Sunni Arab-led group that is waging war against Sunni tribal leaders who are cooperating with the Iraqi government and the U.S. military. Anbar tribes have formed a militia that has killed 20 insurgents from al-Qaeda in Iraq, leaders said.

Separately, more than 300 tribal chiefs, politicians, clerics, security officials and other community leaders met last week in Hawijah, about 35 miles southwest of Kirkuk, and "declared war" on al-Qaeda in Iraq. In a communique, the participants vowed "the shedding of blood" of anyone involved in "sabotage, killings, kidnappings, targeting police and army, attacking the oil and gas pipelines and their transporters, assassinating the religious and tribal figures, technicians, and doctors."

"Hawijah was never a hideout for terrorists and fugitives," the statement added. "Anyone who provides refuge to terrorists will be considered and dealt with like a criminal and terrorist."

Last month at a briefing in Baghdad, Maj. Gen Rick Lynch, a U.S. military spokesman, said Zarqawi "finds these tribal leaders who have opted to embrace the democratic process . . . and he works to assassinate" them.

"What we're finding is indeed the people of al-Anbar -- Fallujah and Ramadi, specifically -- have decided to turn against terrorists and foreign fighters," he said. "The tribal leaders, if you will, said, 'Okay, that's enough, let's take out Zarqawi and his network and get them out of our cities.' " Lynch said "local insurgents" had killed six Zarqawi deputies in Ramadi since September.

Anbar province is a center of the insurgency and the deadliest region of the country outside of Baghdad for Iraqi civilians and U.S. forces. Tribal chiefs there said their militia, the al-Anbar Revolutionaries, has killed 20 foreign fighters from al-Qaeda in Iraq and 33 Iraqi sympathizers who aided the insurgents with arms and money in the past two months.

"Forming the group did not come from nothing," said Khalaf al-Fahdawi, a leader of the Sunni Albu Fahd tribe in Anbar. "It came from a need to destroy al-Qaeda, which we thought the Marines might have been able to do. We were wrong, since these armed men became stronger and raped other cities."

Leaders in Anbar and south of Kirkuk said they opposed both Zarqawi and the American military occupation of Iraq, describing them as feeding off each other to the detriment of the country.

"We are a group of the Anbar people who want to get rid of Zarqawi . . . because this is the only way to make the Americans withdraw from Ramadi or Iraq in general," said Ahmed Abu Ilaf, 30, a welder and member of the new Anbar militia from Ramadi, about 60 miles west of the capital.

"We are against Zarqawi and his followers because they aim to extend the presence of the occupation and hurt our forces to make them weak," said Hussein Ali al-Jubouri, a Sunni tribal leader and Hawijah city council member.

Hawijah leaders said they, too, wanted to create a militia to enforce their threats, but that U.S. military officials were opposed to the idea. For the time being, they said, they would intensify their cooperation with Iraqi military and police units.

Members of the Anbar militia said the group comprised about 100 people who have had relatives slain by al-Qaeda in Iraq. The group is led by Ahmed Ftaikhan, a former Iraqi intelligence officer from the now-disbanded Iraqi army who lives in Ramadi.

Fahdawi, the sheik from the Albu Fahd tribe, said the militia was forged in a series of secret meetings among tribal leaders, each of whom was asked to help form the group. Some contributed men, some money, Fahdawi said. U.S. military officers attended some of the meetings, he said, and helped "with "all kinds of financial support."

Lt. Col. Barry Johnson, a U.S. military spokesman in Baghdad, denied that American forces were funding the militia.

"All military activity is conducted through the legitimate structures of the Iraqi government and security forces," he said in an e-mail. "We are working hard to ensure these structures function properly, and funding a program such as this would only undermine that process."

A fighter in Zarqawi's group, calling himself Abu Azzam, said the al-Anbar Revolutionaries "are collaborators and dogs for America. They kill the mujaheddin to get money from the American crusaders. They are cowards and we have killed a lot of them. . . . All the people here support us and our jihad against the Americans and their followers."

Fahdawi said, "I cannot say that all the people in Ramadi support us, but I can say 80 percent of them do."

Ilaf, the militia member and welder from Ramadi, said the group has had real success.

"We have killed a number of the Arabs, including Saudis, Egyptians, Syrians, Kuwaitis, Syrians and Jordanians," he said. "We were also able to foil an attack by Zarqawi's men who were trying to attack an oil pipeline outside Ramadi. We killed four Iraqis trying to plant the bomb under the pipeline."

Other Washington Post staff contributed to this report.

© 2006 The Washington Post Company

Extreme Christians will not just stop. And you can't kill them all. And you can't ignore them.

Agreed. I think any religion taken to extreme is messed up.

In fact, I don't follow any religion at all. I think the Catholic Church is the worst organization on the planet.

>From what I see on TV . . . .

There ya go. What more do you need to know?

>Now there's a joke; for two hours with a drone, his wherabouts
>wasn't a total secret.

So it took the entire intelligence apparatus of the United States of America three years to find him, but the people who live next door should know conclusively within a few hours?

This is one of the more pathetic attempts at justification for killing civilians in a war - "they must be bad people." Civilians die in wars. It's nearly unavoidable. It's not good; it's bad, no matter how you spin it. That means you have to make absolutely, positively sure that the war is necessary for your survival before you start it.

The only thing more annoying than left wingers who say "civilian casualties are unthinkable during wartime!" are the right wingers who pretend there ARE no civilian casualties. Innocent people die in wars. That's one reason they're bad. Our efforts are best spent trying to avoid war if possible - and if not possible, minimizing civilian casualties, not pretending they never happen.

Its a clash of cultures.. and until they are willing to let other people.... like us terrible infidels.. then it will go on and on.. hence the 30 million dead or so that will be needed to put an end to it...

Until EVEYONE gets tired of the killing NOONE will sit down and talk about how to end it.

The problem is that people will fight for religion without reguard for today. Heck, 50 Virgins could be cool once you get then all trained. And training them would not suck :P

So it took the entire intelligence apparatus of the United States of America three years to find him, but the people who live next door should know conclusively within a few hours?

HUMIT is the best form of intel on the planet. It is very easy to understand how a human on the scene would know more about what is going on next door than some guy sitting in a cube at the CIA, or some signal traffic picked up by the NSA.

This is one of the more pathetic attempts at justification for killing civilians in a war - "they must be bad people." Civilians die in wars. It's nearly unavoidable. It's not good; it's bad, no matter how you spin it. That means you have to make absolutely, positively sure that the war is necessary for your survival before you start it.

I agree. We just disagree on if it was needed or not. Or if Bush did his homework before hand. The truth? Both of us do not know.

Hey al zarqawi! Yippie ki yi motherfucker!!!! Burn in hell you son of a bitch!!! Told ya we'd get you!

Bin Laden, you're NEXT!!
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

<< I think the Catholic Church is the worst organization on the planet. >> - And there was me think that was Amway... I've been wrong for all these years.

Nah. I said *think*, you said *think*. We can both think what we want.

But I think that the Catholic Church has killed more people than Amway. I could be wrong:D

<< I think the Catholic Church is the worst organization on the planet. >> - And there was me think that was Amway... I've been wrong for all these years.

Nah. I said *think*, you said *think*. We can both think what we want.

But I think that the Catholic Church has killed more people than Amway. I could be wrong:D

Perhaps, but I've wanted to kill more Amway salespeople than Catholics.:ph34r: