funjumper101

G.W. Bush Top Ten accomplishments

I copied this challenge from another thread. These aren't my words. I think GWB has been a disaster for the USA and our great grandchildren will be trying to recover from his legacy. I pray that the November elections toss out enough republicans to take back control of the House and the Senate.

According to the righties he has been a great president.

Begin quoted text >>>

Bush has been a wonderful president, so please list for me the top 10 accomplishments of Bush that have actually helped the country and why. Try not to be vague by writing, "the war." Be more specific by writing something about the elements of the war or some benefit and elaborate, of you think the war was/is a positive thng. Again, this doesn't address the issue of whether the election was legit or not, but I want to see if it was a great turn for the country and why....

<<< end quoted text

Didn't take crap off the Taliban. Went into Afghanistan & overthrew them & blew up the Al Quaeda training camps.

um,.... then he got a little distracted after that, but it was good while it lasted.

trying to think of the other 9. hmmm....

made a very nice speech recently containing many correctly-pronounced words about how America needs to explore alternative energy sources.

hmmmmm...
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

What SpeedRacer said! I think, 'W', started-out good but went downhill, after that. Let's see... 9 more to think of...
I'll get back with you on this.

Hmmmmmmmm....

Chuck

Started out good? While on vacation, ignores PDB about plans to fly airplanes into buildings. Ignores Richard Clarke and his team completely.

That was a good start?

Really?

What SpeedRacer said! I think, 'W', started-out good but went downhill, after that. Let's see... 9 more to think of...
I'll get back with you on this.

Hmmmmmmmm....

Chuck

Started out good? While on vacation, ignores PDB about plans to fly airplanes into buildings. Ignores Richard Clarke and his team completely.

That was a good start?

Really?

Oops! I left-out the part about... then, he was sworn in!

Chuck

He fell off a Segway too. That was pretty funny. :ph34r:

You're jokin'!? Is this guy the illegitimate son of Gerald Ford?

Chuck

Nope. Not joking. :D

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

They do Segway tours in San Antonio and, I would imagine, other cities as well. My parents did that. Dad fell off too. Then Mom crashed while she was watching him fall. :D:D:D:D

(In dad's defense, he was cut off by a dude on a bike who zoomed right in front of him.)

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Only 5
1. He makes "words" fun!
2. Comes up with real neat nicknames!
3. Late night talk shows have more material than ever before!
4. He has proven that even an idiot can become president, not only once but twice!
5. He has brought the people here at SC closer together! ( Can you feel the LOVE!! )
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

He fell off a Segway too. That was pretty funny. :ph34r:

You're jokin'!? Is this guy the illegitimate son of Gerald Ford?

Chuck

Nope. Not joking. :D

Good Lord! That's funny. Well, if I recall correctly, when W first ran for the presidency, his own daddy said, something to the effect that W wasn't the brightest bulb in the box.

Chuck

Bush hasn't been a wonderful president, but he's done things right. I'm not going to come up with 10 because I'm on my lunch hour and don't want to spend all of it thinking about GWB

1. yes, he did respond well in the aftermath of 9/11. Not perfectly, but there was no perfect except in retrospect
2. he and his wife seem to have a strong, mutually-supportive relationship that can be a model to others in the country
3. I think he genuinely cares about people, and that comes through

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

1. Went to the UN to declare war on Afghanistan and got the world behind us -- I thought that was way cool and I was actually proud of him at that time.

2. Signed the do-not-call registry bill. Probably the greatest thing he's done that's affected my life.

3. Signed McCain's campaign reform bill (albeit begrudgingly, but he did sign it)

4. There have been no terrorist strikes on US soil since 9/11 (even though I really do think that the whole thing could have been avoided in the first place)

5. He sent me a $300 check back in 2001.

6. Billions in aid for Africa's AIDS epidemic

7. PROTECT act of 2003

Also, although it is not an accomplishment, I really admire the fact that he's 60 yrs old and that he can run a seven-minute mile. In my book, that's the single most impressive thing about him.

Ok, NOW I am truly scrounging. I don't think I can make it to ten, perhaps I can edit some in later on.

edited: a couple more decent accomplishments added from Mr. JACKASS's list. The other items are tenuous at best, fodder for the far right-polarized.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

I pray that the Republicans keep control of both houses because I don't believe liberalism has any solutions to offer our nation at the federal level.

Bush hasn't been a great president, but nor has he been an utter disaster. His spending is perturbing, that's for certain, among other things.

Top ten things...let me see...

1. Led us out of the Clinton-Gore recession. Yes, there was a recession - deal with it. Emphasis on the word 'was' because there sure isn't a recession right now.
2. Signed the 'Do Not Call' legislation. Fantastique! I HATE telemarketers.
3. Rejected Kyoto. Fuck those a-holes and their anti-American treaty.
4. $15 billion AIDS relief for Africa. I think $9 Billion ended up going to Africa and the other six to countries all over the world, but don't recall how Congress appropriated the funds. Much needed funding. Good job, GWB.
5. Tax cuts. I like my taxes low, thank you.
6. CAFTA. I support free trade.
7. Kicked the jerkoff Taliban out of power in Afghanistan. Those repressive pieces of shyte are a blight upon the Earth.
8. Promoted drilling in ANWR. The more oil we produce here, the less we need to import. Yes, I know it would not end our dependence upon foreign oil, but it WOULD be more produced here in the US and the wackos screaming about its impact up there really don't have much of an argument.
9. PROTECT Act of 2003 I have no use for cowards masquerading as men who abuse children
10. He's tried to put together a National Energy Policy. I think this is greatly needed and even though he's been unsuccessful to date, the focus needs to be there.

There's 10 things, off the top of my head. I can probably think of more.

:)
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

3. I think he genuinely cares about RICH people, and that comes through

Wendy W.

Fixed it. Take a look at his latest budget proposal to see how he cares about needy people.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.