warpedskydiver

Motorcyclist Clocked at 155 Mph Jailed

It's a lazy and petulant attitude to whine about it. I hear that same attitude from children, teenagers, and adults when talking about their hobbies.

Instead of breaking the law, go petition the city or county to set aside days on these "roads that" in YOUR opinion are "just fine for racing." Find out what it takes to get an area under controlled conditions for that kind of speed. If you are successful, then you really accomplished something that everyone can enjoy. If not, then you are just whining about having some selfish special kick.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I believe that there will always be people that will INSIST on exercising their God given right to be stupid.......

I do, from time to time:)

>It amazes me that people who jump out of airplanes can turn into
>such self righteous whiney assed little babies when other people do
>something that has an aspect of danger involved.

If a local jumper took to landing on public streets to show off his amazing swooping skills, you'd see me (and most other skydivers in the area) turn into "self righteous whiney assed little babies."

Next time Airspeed is in your area, try getting out after them and flying through the center of their formation (under the correct conditions, of course.) See if they appreciate your machismo, or whether they turn into self righteous whiney assed little babies. Heck, I suspect you'd turn into a self righteous whiney assed little baby if a wingsuit flyer nicked your canopy as he flew by. Even if conditions were perfect.

Heck, I suspect you'd turn into a self righteous whiney assed little baby if a wingsuit flyer nicked your canopy as he flew by. Even if conditions were perfect in the wingsuit flyers opinion.

wingsuit flyers are big whiny babies
so is Airspeed

:P

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

you'd see me (and most other skydivers in the area) turn into "self righteous whiney assed little babies."

Turn ito self righteous whiney assed little babies???...hmmm...is your diaper on to tight? This is a thread concerning motorcycles. Why change the subject and bring wingsuit flyers into it? Do you also have issues with them? If you have ever exceeded the speed limit by even 1 mph in a car or on a bike you have nothing to say about the act speeding itself. $5 for a whore or $5000 for a whore still equals a whore. (altho I would think the $5000 whore might be more fun) The discussion is about speeding on public roads when conditions warrant the safety of doing such. You say no. Fine. Quit your whining. Need some milk for that bottle?

>This is a thread concerning motorcycles. Why change the subject and
>bring wingsuit flyers into it?

Cause you brought skydiving into the discussion. Heck, it might help illustrate a point that you seem to have a little trouble grasping.

So to return to the question - if a wingsuit flyer nicked your canopy as he was flying by - just hit it a little, no damage - would you be OK with it? (Assuming he hadn't talked to you first, but had decided conditions were OK)

> Do you also have issues with them? If you have ever exceeded the
>speed limit by even 1 mph in a car or on a bike you have nothing to say
> about the act speeding itself.

So if you have ever touched a front riser in your life, you have no right to complain if someone runs into you when landing?

But when you want to go WFO on a bike, or triple digits on two lanes roads in general, there are racetracks available.

There are many roads in my area where going triple digits under the correct conditions are fine. When I ride my bike I do so regularly. It amazes me that people who jump out of airplanes can turn into such self righteous whiney assed little babies when other people do something that has an aspect of danger involved.

It's all about who assumes the risk and gets the benefit. Lanesplitting follows that pattern - biker gets to destination faster, but if he does it poorly, pays for it with bad injuries while the victims (cagers) suffer a smashed mirror or scratched paint.

If you're going 100, anyone that might be on the road is at great risk. Someone stopped to take a wiz, to make a uturn, whatever. You'd probably die too, but the point is someone else that wasn't so self centered would suffer for your lack thereof.

At best, you're using the big sky theory to the road, even though you've gone from 2.5 dimensions down to just over 1.

The proof is in the carnage. If I want to ride Skyline, I get up early in the morning, before the squids and the cops get out there. Because far too often they don't manage to stay on their side of the yellow and the collateral damage proves your claims to be a load of BS. If skydivers took out as many non participants, the sport would be banned already.

Next time Airspeed is in your area, try getting out after them and flying through the center of their formation (under the correct conditions, of course.) See if they appreciate your machismo, or whether they turn into self righteous whiney assed little babies. Heck, I suspect you'd turn into a self righteous whiney assed little baby if a wingsuit flyer nicked your canopy as he flew by. Even if conditions were perfect.

next time im anywhere behind airspeed in a plane, ill be a whiney assed baby myself, because i know im going to be landing out......