Zenister

I guess they just arent that hungry then....

Kenya outraged by Kiwi 'dog food' relief

a whole lot of grandstanding for absolutely nothing...

So she created a powdered form of the ingredients -- freeze-dried beef, mutton, pork and chicken, deer velvet, green lip mussel, kelp, garlic, egg, whole grain cereals and cold-pressed flax seed flour -- to mix with water.

anyone want to bet those expressing the most "outrage" also have the largest waistlines... [:/]

Officials in drought-stricken Kenya recoiled with outrage to a plan by a New Zealand woman to send "dog food" for starving children, even as she said the product was fit for human consumption.

Describing the idea as "absurd," "insulting," "offensive" and "immoral," officials vehemently rejected the donation for children threatened by famine and said they would put measures in place to prevent any similar assistance.

The would-be donor, Christine Drummond, has told the New Zealand media her donation differed from the pet food, though made with the same ingredients, and she and her children eat it.

What is offensive is that government assholes are speaking for starving people, telling the donors that they won't accept FOOD.

It may not be filet mignon, but it is LIFE-SUSTAINING.

I think it's time that these starving people hacked their "representatives" in government with machetes for leaving them to starve when food is being offered!

How "offensive" can it be; the woman offering it eats it and also feeds it to her children!

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Big up to the Kiwis for offering the aid, but offering dried food to a drought stricken region...?
For years we have been trying to stop powdered milk for the young ones being sent in similar circumstances. Using dirty water to mix up baby milk is probably not going to improve the stuation.....

As for biting the hand that feeds.... Its not entirely dissimillar to the aid rejected by the US during the Katrina crisis last year.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4349916.stm
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

n reply to "It may not be filet mignon, but it is LIFE-SUSTAINING.
"

Many an old age pensioner has proved this.
I've known quite a few people whose pets ate better than they did.

Cat food in particular appears very nutricious and tasty especially the sea food ones.;)
The dog biscuits I've been forced to eat out of hunger on the rare occassion were fine.

The food that gets wasted in this world is a disgrace on us all.
Good on the Kiwis for at least trying.