masterblaster72

GWB State of the Union Speech #6: Your Opinions Please

And certainly not a crime....

But certainly an excellent excuse to get that stupid fartknocker out of there before she could REALLY disrupt the event.

Which one? There were 2 of them. The grieving mother who feels that government is closed-minded will not be moved unless protest is engaged in visibly and aggressively? Or the congressman's wife who has been sitting in the House gallery for the past 12 years and knows damn well what the rules of decorum are but presumes she can flaunt them because her message supports government policy?

it's refreshing to hear him say the US must end it's reliance on oil.

He said the US needs to end its reliance on Persian Gulf oil. The US only gets about 20% of its oil from the Persian Gulf. The rest comes from Mexico, Canada and South America. So reducing 20% by 75% is not quite as ambitious as I think he hoped it would sound.

I haven't seen such convoluted lines of conversation and such expert chronicling thereof since my days of all day bong marathons in college. ~ Lindercles

Actually, it was his 5th

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I originally had 5th up and later edited it for 6. Counting from and including January 2001, it's 6, no?

Now you've got me questioning myself. I don't believe there was a SOTU address in '01 since he was just inaugurated. I should check the Constitution on that. Perhaps there was one in March.

Anyway, it's not the topic.

Chris

Actually, it was his 5th

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I originally had 5th up and later edited it for 6. Counting from and including January 2001, it's 6, no?

Now you've got me questioning myself. I don't believe there was a SOTU address in '01 since he was just inaugurated. I should check the Constitution on that. Perhaps there was one in March.

Anyway, it's not the topic.

Chris

www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=29643

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

If you want more good math and science teachers (to change to a new SOTU subject) what's wrong with relying on the law of supply and demand and paying a competitive salary to attract them?

And how about allowing real mathematicians and scientists to apply?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Yup Great way to refer to a Gold Star Mother....

She's an asshole who gets troops killed by way of encouraging terrorism.

She's the worst example of a Gold Star mother around.

Utter nonsense. By that logic, no citizen of a democratic country could ever openly dissent against his government’s policy of engaging in a war, under the justification that open dissent gives “encouragement to the enemy”. It's an age-old slander hauled out to demonize war dissenters in virtually every nation-state since the dawn of time, including every military conflict the US has been engaged in since 1776. An enemy will be an enemy, no matter what; terrorists will engage in their evil no matter what; they will not be forestalled by the compliant silence of a democracy’s citizens. If you squelch the rights of a democracy’s citizens to openly dissent with their government’s policies, including militarily policies during conflict, you cripple the very essence of the democracy.

The problem that a lot of people here in TX have with Sheehan is that she is not "openely dissenting" for any cause other than her own. She is a media hound who would rather waste months of her life sitting outside Bush's ranch in front of CNNs cameras than actually pushing for any realistic change. If she does get her meeting with Bush, then what? He will give her the same cookie cutter rhetoric that he shovels on the rest of us and send her on her merry way. Sheehan isn't an activist or a radical, she is a media whore making her name on the back of a dead soldier.

Grendel Khan-The Official DZ.Com Newbie Forum Nuisance
"They sicken of the calm, that know the storm."

Utter nonsense. By that logic, no citizen of a democratic country could ever openly dissent against his government’s policy of engaging in a war, under the justification that open dissent gives “encouragement to the enemy”.

Sorry, you are attributing "logic" to me that doesn't fit. I did NOT say dissent against the war is wrong or should be stopped, or even that Sheehan should be stopped. So save the speech for someone else.

What I DID say is that Sheehan, in particular, is getting Americans killed by way of encoaraging the enemy. For example, she refers to our enemies as Freedom Fighters.

I reiterate: she's an asshole and a half for encouraging the enemy, and I hope she rots for it.

. . =(_8^(1)

Navy? I used to be in the Navy, now I'm not. It is the army I belong to now. Perhaps you don't have a clue what Seabees are, or that you can actually change from one branch to another.

But I would not expect much from you either way.

:S
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Trying to explain you a simple thing is sometimes useless, as you always place hatred and not reason behind most of your SC posts....

I do not know where you get the notion of "SEE BEE", but perhaps it is from the NMCB batalions, but the NAVY actually calls the SeaBees either CB's or Seabees, as portrayed in this, my old web portal

I've been an in my MP unit for a good while now, and been away from home 5 times.

:o
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

I do know since I work with one. We were getting curious of what Unit it was that was posted over there.
So now you are no longer NAVY but ARMY.. hmmmmm

So was that you in some of the Abu Gharib pictures??? That was an MP unit wasnt it.. I understand a LOT more now if they all had the same attitudes as some have shown on here.

Hearts and Minds... Hearts and minds.... Same thing that was being taught in some 1st SOS training at Hurlbert Field I attended back 25 years ago.

So you see one of my posts, mentioning Seabee, and now you know? Yet you think I was on shore patrol, MAA? I think you are missing the point that is your hatred that is not allowing you to see.......

I really doubt, your "knowledge" of the Navy if you are not even able to spell SeaBee correctly, nor your sincere appreciation of the situation.