Sneakerz

Hypocrisy at its best, GUNS and Liberals

Is there some explainable, simple reason that would cause all the oxygen atoms in my bedroom to migrate to the ceiling?

-

Anything that is not forbidden by the laws of physics is possible. There is no law of physics that would prevent the oxygen and nitrogen from un-mixing. It is just unlikely. Don't worry about it, it probably won't happen to you and you already have enough other stuff to fret about.

It seemed that you were trying to compare the likelihood of oxygen inexplicably migrating to my ceiling with the likelihood of someone carjacking you.

We know some of the reasons people do carjackings.

Is there an EXPLANATION for what would CAUSE the oxygen to migrate there?

Just as you said that nothing against the laws of physics is possible, nothing that is not cause by something ever occurs.

What would be the CAUSE of the oxygen migration?

-

I'd leave the room, too. As quick as ever possible.
You're simply breath-taking... hahahaha
:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

dudeist skydiver # 3105

-

Because it can. Actually it's more likely to fall to the floor because oxygen molecules are heavier than nitrogen. You SHOULD be asking the question "if oxygen is heavier than nitrogen, why don't all the oxygen molecules sink to the bottom. Why do they stay mixed?"

You raised the spectre of oxygen spontaneously rising to the ceiling of my room, causing anoxia leading to death.

YOU please explain what natural, ordinarily occurring phenomenon would cause this to happen. Also, please report whether such a phenomenon has ever been known to have occurred, anywhere on earth, at any time.

Carjackings are known to have occurred, and in fact there will be many of them occurring this night across the globe. You mean to compare the likelihood of you getting carjacked (which I claim could happen any day and YOU claim will never happen to you 'cause on account of you're so prepared and all) with the likelihood of all the oxygen in my bedroom migrating to the ceiling spontaneously. :S

I ask you, dear audience, which of us is the lunatic? :S

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

-

Because it can. Actually it's more likely to fall to the floor because oxygen molecules are heavier than nitrogen. You SHOULD be asking the question "if oxygen is heavier than nitrogen, why don't all the oxygen molecules sink to the bottom. Why do they stay mixed?"

You raised the spectre of oxygen spontaneously rising to the ceiling of my room, causing anoxia leading to death.

YOU please explain what natural, ordinarily occurring phenomenon would cause this to happen. Also, please report whether such a phenomenon has ever been known to have occurred, anywhere on earth, at any time.

Carjackings are known to have occurred, and in fact there will be many of them occurring this night across the globe. You mean to compare the likelihood of you getting carjacked (which I claim could happen any day and YOU claim will never happen to you 'cause on account of you're so prepared and all) with the likelihood of all the oxygen in my bedroom migrating to the ceiling spontaneously. :S

I ask you, dear audience, which of us is the lunatic? :S

-

If you don't understand gravity, you must make a pretty poor skydiver.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

If you don't understand gravity, you must make a pretty poor skydiver.

When comedian Lewis Black gets exasperated and confused, he makes this lip-flapping blubbering kinda sound and goes, "Burb-blurb-buh-bluhbuh-WHUH?!"

That's how I am feeling right now, trying to figure out what the hell you are talking about, and how you are coming up with some of the really zany, out-there shit you've been saying lately... :S

GRAVITY is what would make oxygen molecules de-mix out of the air and congregate at my ceiling, causing me to die of anoxia... Any guess you can offer about why oxygen would suddenly do this on a local scale like this, when it NEVER does it anywhere else, ever?

That is a really whack-o thing to suggest, kallend, especially for a guy with physics expertise.

So you think I don't understand gravity?? And you think an understanding of gravity is all there is to making a good skydiver?

Are you feeling okay?? :o

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

So you think I don't understand gravity?? And you think an understanding of gravity is all there is to making a good skydiver?

I wrote "If you don't understand gravity, you must make a pretty poor skydiver". An elementary application of logic shows that this is NOT equivalent to your statement above.

If you spent more time thinking and less time ranting we'd all be much better off.

If you mix olive oil and water, do they separate out? Does the heavier stuff (water) sink to the bottom? Is it possible that gravity is the reason? Do you know why they spend $millions doing experiments in the micro gravity environment of the Space Shuttle if gravity doesn't affect the way things mix?
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2003-48,GGLD:en&q=gravity+segregation

Tell us, what specific law of physics prohibits gas molecules from de-mixing (as opposed to merely making it improbable, which is not the same as impossible).

Tell us, what specific law of physics prohibits gas molecules from de-mixing (as opposed to merely making it improbable, which is not the same as impossible).

Either evolution, or social security reform.

I can't recall which

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Either evolution, or social security reform.

I can't recall which

I bet you remember that Clinton nominated justices to the Supreme Court, too.