j0nes

The Mayor of Toronto is an idiot

I agree with you, however here in Canuckistan it is considered a serious offence for a citizen to defend himself. Apparently these brutal remorseless predatory thugs have a right to prey on the innocent without risking harm to themselves.

Regarding Flygurls incident in the "Why I love my concealed carry permit" post here is how things would have turned out had it happened up here. If she were unarmed and he had raped and brutalized her, the courts would have been extremely lenient on him as criminals here are treated as though they are the victims of society ( particularly if they are members of special interest groups). On the other hand if she had shown her gun the way she did she would face jail time just for carrying it. If he had attacked and forced her to fire in self defence, she would be fucked royaly by our courts as all good Canadians are expected to die helplessly while screaming pitifully into their cellphones at a 911 operator. Furthermore if the guy she shot was a minority she would also be charged with a hate crime.

Everytime I think things can't possibly get worse here our government proves me wrong by enacting some other stupid law that makes life even more pleasurable for the bad guys. I personally know two people who have criminal records for merely defending themselves with thier bare hands.

I hang my head and shudder to think of the future.

Richards.
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

Yeah, they're all being smuggled over on the fast ferry from Rochester, NY. That's about the only way they could get it to run in the black and not suck millions of taxpayer dollars out of the city. It's already folded once so now it's on the backs of the taxpayers.

It is kind of funny to hear an american talk about how to bring about a reduced crime society, specially since violence is such an incredible part of American society.....

Those of us who would do it right -- i.e. being HARSH on those who step outside the law and harm others -- are continuously hamstrung by those who wish to be soft on criminals, giving them the benefit of the doubt and "compassion" that is not due them. The result is they are let out of prison when they should never be, and our crime rate reflects that lunacy.

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Some of us would love to see this current leadership replaced with a different group of people who aren't as corrupt as the current group holding the power. We have a federal election in a few weeks from now ...

Given that it is now widely regarded as simple FACT that the current LIBERAL government is riddled with corruption and graft, I honestly cannot see how they could stand a chance in the coming election. The only way is if liberal-supporter voters are simply that entrenched in their wacked-out beliefs that they will support politicians no matter how crooked just because they share an ideology.

I'm so sorry! What ever can I do to make it up to you?

I know what you wrote here is more sarcastic than anything else and we obviously have differences. But I've read some of the other things you've recently said in other threads and believe it or not, on some issues we're not as different than you think. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. It's just an observation.

Cool. That happens a lot with me and various other people who often express utter shock that we share common ground.

It's fun for me when that happens. I like watching their souls start to show stress-fractures. :D:P

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

It is kind of funny to hear an american talk about how to bring about a reduced crime society, specially since violence is such an incredible part of American society.....

You don't really believe that do you? Or you wouldn't come visit I'd think. I think our media sensationalizes violence as it's the only "good" news at times...but I don't think it's an inbread thing here...other than certain demographics in certain area's.

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

Given that it is now widely regarded as simple FACT that the current LIBERAL government is riddled with corruption and graft, I honestly cannot see how they could stand a chance in the coming election. The only way is if liberal-supporter voters are simply that entrenched in their wacked-out beliefs that they will support politicians no matter how crooked just because they share an ideology.

Unfortunately, my gut tells me that the Liberals will be forming the next government. I hope the hell I am wrong but I think it is going to happen again. Proving that the stupidity of the average Canadian voter is nearly incalculable.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey