Flygurl

Why I love my concealed carry permit

I've had an interesting evening.

I was in a shady part of town this evening and got a little bit lost looking for an address that was difficult to read. I stopped at a bar to ask for directions. On my way back to my truck a group of punks started hassling me.

They followed me all the way across the lot. My hand went inside my jacket to grip my trusty Glock as I walked. Chicken? Yes, I am.

When I unlocked my truck and went to get in one of the guys said "I think you should stay with us for awhile, Chica."

As he started to close in on me, I pulled out the Glock and had one chambered and pointed at his head before he knew what happened. He took a step back, said something rude and they all took off.

I sat in my truck for awhile, waiting for the cops. I'm still a little freaked out, but I'm okay.

I need a :D.

"One out of every four American's are suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you."

As he started to close in on me, I pulled out the Glock and had one chambered and pointed at his head before he knew what happened. He took a step back, said something rude and they all took off.

This is exactly the sort of situation that, imo, disproves the notion some have that you should only show your weapon when using it to shoot. Your brandishing ended the situation, and will give this asshole considerable pause the next time he thinks about assaulting some other woman.

OTOH, your circumstance would have supported firing as well, but that probably would have left you worse off having to deal with the stress of killing someone, even a low life.

----
sorry to hear it happened, but happy you handled it so well.

Thanks for your support, guys. I don't remember ever being that scared.

OTOH, your circumstance would have supported firing as well, but that probably would have left you worse off having to deal with the stress of killing someone, even a low life.

If he hadn't backed up when he did I think I would have double tapped him in the head.

I'm just glad they walked away. I really do hope they think about it the next time they go to hassle someone else. Maybe looking down the barrel of a redheaded woman's Glock changed his view.

Ha Ha. I just realized how well my sig lines goes with this thread. :S

"One out of every four American's are suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you."

*swoon* I'm in looooove!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me too!!!!

You guys are too funny. Thanks for the laugh.

*swoon* I'm in looooove!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me too!!!!

You guys are too funny. Thanks for the laugh.

Hey--we'd make a great couple!!!

(match this one, Sinker!!)

edited to add:
I promise that I'm nowhere near as pyscho as I look in this picture!

Walt

ACK!

There's a time to stand and fight and a time to run away.

Sorry, Sinker guy--I'm thinkin' Li'l Ms. Red prefers a Glock man--especially a man with 2 Glocks!

Wrong. Red has many guns to play with and has two Glocks of her own. Diversity is more interesting. ;)