steveorino

Re: [Tonto] Tandem Fatality

The culture of placing the blame and hiding the problem is a Western one, which has allowed a civilisation to progress well by sacrificing it's own members. You can afford to do that if you have a few billion on your side. When your tribe is but a few 10's of thousands strong - you can't. We all pay, and we all lose.

Please - lets make an effort to work to solve the problem rather than to place the blame.

t

Sounds like SC stuff to me. But hey, it is in vogue to be anti US these days.:S

steveOrino

But hey, it is in vogue to be anti US these days.

I didn't realize "Western Culture" only included the US :S and I'm pretty sure Tonto was referring to us as a culture.

Wiki Definition

Seriously - there more to this planet than the US [:/] Teachers should know that ;)
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. ~ Lao-Tzu

It's all good, they're my brothers ~ Mariann Kramer

Just because YOU have that assumption doesn't make it factual.

Considering Tonto and I share the same birthplace I know he was including South Africa in his "western blame" comment.

I don't believe for a second it was meant to be inflamatory - quite contrary he was saying we should learn from this and stick together. Least that's what I took from it :)
Try not to be so paranoid ;)
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. ~ Lao-Tzu

It's all good, they're my brothers ~ Mariann Kramer

The culture of placing the blame and hiding the problem is a Western one

Is that why the Palestinians blame the Isralies for all their problems. I think it's a human problem and not just a western one.

Hey Steveorino! Did you not use to be StevePhelps? :P
Dave

Fallschirmsport Marl

Coming from the tip of Africa, we often sit back and watch the goings on around the world with interest.
Sometimes with comments, sometimes we get involved (We have lost guys in Iraq too you know!)

Alot of the time there is too much blame going around and not enough fixing.

I have for the past week seen my friends all turn on eachother for no reason what so ever.
Do you want to be right, or do you want to be happy?

I personally want to be happy.

There is no real need to be getting aggressive to anyone, especially when it is nearing the end of the year and tempers flare up sooner rather than later and everyone is at wits end.

We all lose friends in this sport and we need to stick by eachother over the bad times, so we can still have and remember the good times when they come again...

I am pretty sure no malice was intended.

I think true friendship is under-rated

Twitter: @Dreamskygirlsa