rhino

Boo fucking hoo! Get over it! What the fuck did they expect!!!!!!

Maybe they are.. Probing and gathering intelligence. If they push now and stretch things,, Make the authorities back off by crying racism maybe, just maybe that will give them the little bit of room they need to strike us..

Forgive me for saying.. They can go pray in a fucking mosk...

Maybe they should have policed their own before all their brothers flew planes into the trade centers and the pentagon. They are just going to have to accept the racism. It's here to stay for a long damned time and nothing they can do will change it. They should quit their fucking whining.

Really....."congregating" like that. I never consider it congregating when I meet with friends to chat (we aren't really the praying types). If you're standing around talking, that's pretty benign. But if you're congregating, you must be up to no good....

Are you only allowed to pray in a church? Why must a Muslim go to a mosque every time he wants to pray?

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Rhino, my man, you are wound waaaayyyy too tight. I agree that their behavior was certainly odd and I would have made the same call as the guys on the scene. I just think praying during a game is really weird, unless they were praying for the Giants, then its totally cool with me.

It doesn't matter if a cat is black or white, as long as it catches mice.

>Maybe they should have policed their own before all their brothers
>flew planes into the trade centers and the pentagon.

Hmm. Too bad you didn't police your own, and let one of your brothers kill a bunch of children in Oklahoma City some years back. Do you regret that now?

>They are just going to have to accept the racism.

Ironic that today we celebrate the life of a woman who didn't just accept that.

>It's here to stay for a long damned time and nothing they can do will
> change it.

Oh, it will change. It always does. Evil people propagate it. but history has shown that eventually it is overcome. Perhaps it will take another Rosa Parks or Martin Luther King. In the meantime, decide which side you want to be on.

This incident and the civil rights struggle are not even the same thing. Its offensive that you would even suggest it. No muslim in this country has to ride in the back of the bus or use a different water fountian than I do and their children can go to whatever school they please.

It doesn't matter if a cat is black or white, as long as it catches mice.

>Its offensive that you would even suggest it.

Rhino just did. His words are, I believe, "they are just going to have to accept the racism." Needless to say I disagree.

>No muslim in this country has to ride in the back of the bus . . .

No. They're just beaten up, arrested for no reason, detained at airports, tailed by FBI agents and sent to secret prisons for the crime of being muslim. At our DZ, a skydiver had to change his name from an Arab name to a more american-sounding name because he was getting shit from merchants and bartenders; even got him into a few fights. It happens whether you believe it or not.

This incident and the civil rights struggle are not even the same thing. Its offensive that you would even suggest it...

You've got to be kidding me. :S

.jim
"Don't touch my fucking Easter eggs, I'll be back monday." ~JTFC

I would like to think that if ANY group of people started to stand in an area that was "Sensitive" that the same action would have been taken.

The fact is that area has now been fenced off makes me think that any group standing there would ahve been asked to move.

I have in my time met some religious fanatics (From all religions) and when they are praying ect they can at times be quite stuborn.

Fact is we do not know what happend other than what has been written.

And like I said that area has now been fenced off, so I tend to think it was more standard securty, and not racist.

Of course some people will only see race as the main issue. And that includes people from both sides.

I see it as a security issue.

>They are just going to have to accept the racism.

Ironic that today we celebrate the life of a woman who didn't just accept that.

It's not racism.

We live in a society that has very mixed feelings about religion. When people profess to worship some spook in the sky, in general we tolerate it--considering it "normal"-- but when someone claims to either be Jesus or talk to God directly, we call them crazy and lock them up. Seems it's ok to be religious to a point, but when some arbitrary line is crossed, it's no longer acceptable.

Being a devout atheist, agnostic, or whatever the label is, I think of religion as a control mechanism for the masses. At an individual level, though, I figure that if it helps a person keep on an even keel, then it serves some sort of good purpose in their life.

Getting funky with Mecca (or any other place) 5 or 6 times a day IMO takes a religion beyond the "keeping on an even keel" thing. On one hand, I respect the dedication and apparently sincerity. On the other hand, it seems very cultish and weird to me.

A few years back I worked with a really nice guy who was a devout Muslim. He would disappear for short periods throughout the day to go pray. (BTW, this was well before 9/11.) Even though I liked him as a co-worker and as a person, I always felt a little uncomfortable with all the praying because it seemed fanatical to me and I'm generally not very fond of being around religious fanatics.

Giving them the benefit of the doubt, the Muslims praying at the football game were victims of the post-9/11 times we live in. While it may not be fair to them, I think what happened is understandable and to be expected.

>It's here to stay for a long damned time and nothing they can do will
> change it.

Oh, it will change. It always does. Evil people propagate it. but history has shown that eventually it is overcome. Perhaps it will take another Rosa Parks or Martin Luther King. In the meantime, decide which side you want to be on.

I hardly think that anyone who is suspicious of people who pray like the world is going to end tomorrow qualify as "evil" people. I think they qualify as being quite human.

Walt

Getting funky with Mecca (or any other place) 5 or 6 times a day IMO takes a religion beyond the "keeping on an even keel" thing. On one hand, I respect the dedication and apparently sincerity. On the other hand, it seems very cultish and weird to me.

A few years back I worked with a really nice guy who was a devout Muslim. He would disappear for short periods throughout the day to go pray. (BTW, this was well before 9/11.) Even though I liked him as a co-worker and as a person, I always felt a little uncomfortable with all the praying because it seemed fanatical to me and I'm generally not very fond of being around religious fanatics.

Getting funky with the dropzone (or any other place) 5 or 6 times a day IMO takes an activity beyond the "keeping on an even keel" thing. On one hand, I respect the dedication and apparently sincerity. On the other hand, it seems very cultish and weird to me.

A few years back I worked with a bunch of really nice guys who were devout skydivers. They would disappear for short periods throughout the day to go jump. (BTW, this was well before 9/11.) Even though I liked them as co-workers and as people, I always felt a little uncomfortable with all the jumping because it seemed fanatical to me and I'm generally not very fond of being around fanatics of any stripe.

Jumping once on Sunday is enough for anyone.

:|

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

change dropzone to dropzone.com and watch them get really defensive.

Good post.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

...They are just going to have to accept the racism. ....

Where's the racism?

"...a group of gentlemen gathering in an area not normally used by the public right near the main air intake duct for the stadium, and a food preparation facility," Siegel said. "It was where they were, not what they were doing."

The site is now fenced off and is no longer accessible to fans."

Playing the race card is not appropriate in this case.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

While a technical point, it's not racism. Racism involves RACE, which is not to be confused with religious affiliation. Race is determined by genetics, religious affiliation is determined by upbringing and personal choice.

There is a difference.

Religious discrimination is also wrong (in most cases)
I would make exceptions for violent cults, which IMO Islamist extremists have become.
illegible usually

>While a technical point, it's not racism.

I agree with your point; I was responding to Rhino who claimed it was racism. There is a degree of racism involved (i.e. arabs are generally muslim) but this case was about religious, not race, discrimination.

"...a group of gentlemen gathering in an area not normally used by the public right near the main air intake duct for the stadium, and a food preparation facility," Siegel said. "It was where they were, not what they were doing."

The site is now fenced off and is no longer accessible to fans."

Playing the race card is not appropriate in this case.

I agree. I don't see any kind of discrimination in this case, based on the information in the article.

> There is a degree of racism involved (i.e. arabs are generally muslim) .

A LONG time ago we were taught the three races:

Mongoloid
Negroid
Caucasoid

I don't recall "Araboid"

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

On most applications I have seen they mention White, Hispanic, African American, Pacific Islander, Or Other. Non of the ones you mentioned.

What is this with you lately pretending you don’t get it just so you can nit-pick?
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

just so you can nit-pick?

If 'they' want to call race, then 'they' should know what it means. Else it's just a bunch of knee jerk fluff.

What's with you throwing out random PC rhetoric? Trying to join a health club somewhere and want to fit in?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Right...there are no subgroups under those three categories. :|

not really, and even splitting up the race into 3 seems a bit divisive don't you think?

if the gene pools are combinable (we can reproduce across those lines) then is there really a difference that matters

People that cry racism are certainly always ready to draw lines across cosmetic differences......

When "they" ignore race, it's so "noble" of them, but when someone else really tries to live that way (and not be making gestures they don't mean - which is how I feel about a large number of very public liberals) then obviously it's just posturing. It's so self serving and insincere I could just puke sometimes.

On most applications I have seen they mention White, Hispanic, African American, Pacific Islander, Or Other.

I have a great idea - everybody in the entire world just check off "Other" from now on for every single thing they work.

It was an interesting find, originating about the Racoon River in the midwest (as opposed to Amazon, Yangtze, Nile, T-E, or Mississippi river basins) - this subspecies originally considered an offshoot of caucasion genotypes, scientists have determined that Other is uniquely different in subchromozone A32_C1 that it warrants a completely new category under Mammilian/human/other.

yay, we have redefined genetics based on administrative and zoning application documents.

(I'm serious about everyone just checking off Other - what a horrible thing to put on any questionaire not in the medical field.)