Johnnyskydive

President Bush Approval Rating on Dz.com

IMHO he is doing a good job, just in very difficult times and circumstances.

Many of which are of his own making (and before you get all excited, I don't blame him for hurricanes. Well, not much, anyway).

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Fundamentalist Islams isn't all his doing, he might have inflamed it but certainly not started it. There was attakcs on the USS cole (i think thats the name) in 1996 before he came.

Times are hard for him, much harder than for some other presidents.

You should split it into rep, and demo so we can see both sides.

There's that false dichotomy thing again: Rep or Dem, Pro-Bush or Pro-terrorist, blah-blah

How about Independents or Libertarians?
Or, Fact vs. Fiction? Truth vs. Lies?

Call me a Truth-Facter [:/]

and for families too..

... Im not denying that his actions have caused the deaths of thousands of US troops. And i fully sympathise and offer all my deepest regards to their family and relatives.

But the worst bit is that sacrifice (eays to say when im not doing it myself, agreed totally) is sometimes necessary, and if it brings freedom, he will continue to deploy his trrops in Iraq.

I just hope noone else is killed.

The reason I say split it up to show who is voting. If all the people who dont like person X votes, and only one person who likes person X votes without showing who voted, it would look like no one likes person X. If oyu showed who voted, then you could see in the poll that the reason the results were lopsided was b/c there were not even opinions from the masses.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fundamentalist Islams isn't all his doing, he might have inflamed it but certainly not started it. There was attakcs on the USS cole (i think thats the name) in 1996 before he came. )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))Ah, the Cole. Think this shit started a LONG time ago. Beruit perhaps? Or you want me to back up further? Perhaps O A.D. If we'd keep our imperiallist nose outta everyoneones business and quit trying to take over the world. Ah well. I give up. The Elk hunt in Utah was great too BTW. 7mm Mag took us a big one down. Feed my buds kids for a year:P. Later, Kevin. If anyone wants pics I have a few good ones. Beautiful up there.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

No I said we should identify where all the votes are coming from to see that a even number of votes were coming from both sides, and the poll is a true representation of how the Dz.com users feel as a whole. If only democrats voted in this poll it would obviously be against bush, if only republicans voted it would be the other way.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

No I said we should identify where all the votes are coming from to see that a even number of votes were coming from both sides, and the poll is a true representation of how the Dz.com users feel as a whole. If only democrats voted in this poll it would obviously be against bush, if only republicans voted it would be the other way.

Why do so many people think that everyone is either a Republican or a Democrat. Most of us are neither, and do not choose candidates based on party affiliation. I personally have posted more than once that both parties suck.

>If only democrats voted in this poll it would obviously be against bush, if
>only republicans voted it would be the other way.

Right. And since everyone is voting, it represents what the _people_ here think about his performance. If you divided it down to republicans and democrats it would likely end up 90% democrats think he's doing a bad job and republicans would be split about 50/50 (assuming there are an equal number of both here.)

I wouldn't be a good JACKASS if I didn't surprise people now and then. I hope this surprises some people.

I voted that GWB isn't doing his job very well. I've many reasons for stating this, but I'll just bulletize a few.

- Fiscal conservatism. This went out the friggin' window! Holy schneikes, George! USE THAT VETO!!!!!
- Gay marriage ammendment. Dumbest move in a long time.
- Presidential Appointees. He nominates them then is not backing them well. Chuck Pickering - prime example. Bolton - another one. If you're going to nominate somebody, get behind that nominee and stay there. Hariett Myers - dunno about her, but I'm hoping she's as conservative as I think she is. Here again, he hasn't gotten behind her and stayed there.
- Doha talks. He hasn't given this enough attention, I do believe.
- Energy policy. Moving lethargically on this one...er...not at all.
- Tax Commission. FIDIOTS!

I could go on. That being said, I'm glad I voted for him both times, as the alternatives were so unpalatable - the inventor of the internet and Love Canal discoverer or Monsieur sKerry; what a couple of fucktards. The Republican Congress has been more of a disappointment for me than GWB.

One has to admit, though, that GWB has been faced with a bit more than the average president during the course of his term. Easy to criticize from the sidelines - harder to do things yourself.

Yes, I am a JACKASS.

:)
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

>as the alternatives were so unpalatable - the inventor of the internet and
>Love Canal discoverer or Monsieur sKerry; what a couple of fucktards.

Back in 1982 or so, there was a lot of work being done on Arpanet (the predecessor of the Internet) at MIT. It was competing with Bitnet, which was a much less robust system. Bitnet had something of an advantage in that Arpanet was intended as a military communications network, and thus was seen as a 'restricted' network.

Gore was one of the people who pushed for (and got) a split in Arpanet into Milnet and what would later become the Internet. It was a move that wasn't very popular to some geeks because a) it meant that the military wasn't going to be putting as much money into it and b) the level of privacy afforded was expected to go down. "Let's see if you like it if all your email can be read on Al Gore's Internet!" I recall one guy complaining at a seminar. There were other issues; several people did not like Gore's proposal for design of the DNS, and it was perceived that he 'rammed it through' because he was a senator rather than an engineer. On the other hand, they liked his support of TCP/IP because it was seen as a pretty elegant protocol. I remember a friend of mine who complained that with a 32 bit address field you'd run out of IP addresses eventually, but he was poo-pooed by most of the computer science people, since 4 billion IP addresses was more than enough for any conceivable network. (Needless to say we have since run out, and gone to a larger address space.)

So while you have every right to complain here, I have little doubt that if you had been there at the beginning, you'd be complaining about how poorly "Al Gore's Internet" had been planned.

Er...I was complaining about GWB's betrayal of fiscal conservatism and other things...not the internet. I rather like the net. Especially on nights when i'm not feeling well and can't go out for drunken revelry and merriment.

I hope this tequila kills off the evil virus infecting my body.

:)
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Fundamentalist Islams isn't all his doing, he might have inflamed it but certainly not started it. There was attakcs on the USS cole (i think thats the name) in 1996 before he came.

Times are hard for him, much harder than for some other presidents.

mmmmmmmmm daddy
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix