quade

Opportunity Knocks

I'm trying to think a little outside the box here, look into the FutureCam and see if there is something there.

Currently our defenses are at a low point what with the war in Iraq going on and everyone else straining to recover from the effects of Hurricane Katrina.

Wouldn't this be a perfect time for Al Qaeda to strike?

How much more would it take to cripple the U.S. economy?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I'm trying to think a little outside the box here

Try not to strain yourself. This is not outside the box. It is a concern very many people have at the moment. In fact very many children have voiced this concern.

I'll just file this under "uhhh...duh".

FallRate

I'm trying to think a little outside the box here, look into the FutureCam and see if there is something there.

Currently our defenses are at a low point what with the war in Iraq going on and everyone else straining to recover from the effects of Hurricane Katrina.

I find it scarier to think that Al Qaeda simply will watch what's happening now and learn from it. It's been shown that AQ likes to take its own sweet time. Years from now, after NO is rebuilt, they would then strike:

And thank god most people had evacuated. What if a terrorist had taken a barge, filled it with ANFO and rammed it into one of these earthen levees? You'd have a lot more dead. Didn't we plan for stuff like this?

(Quote taken from billvon in another thread)

A night strike could take people unawares and lead to a disaster on the level of a nuclear bomb.

That's not a farfetched scenario if they simply rebuild NO without seriously addressing its vulnerability to flooding.

Where the hell do you get your information? "Our defenses are at a low".

You know how many Army Divisions (active duty) are here on American soil right now?

You know how many Air Force Wing Commands are here now?

You know that unemployment hit a new four year low today?

You're talking from your hip Quade, and frankly, you don't know what your talking about.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

>You're talking from your hip Quade, and frankly, you don't know what yur talking about.

Hey what do you mean, he does'nt know what he is talking about. He gets his information from Air America, and the daily fax from the DNC with talking points.

Isn't that right Quade, don't let Gawain push you around like that. That even made me mad.

Gawain --

You know how much under the Army recruitment goals are?

You know how much man power and equipment are devoted to Iraq right now?

You know how irrelevant the unemployment figures are to national defense?

You're talking but not hip Gawain, and frankly (Scarlet) I don't give a damn.

WE ARE at a low point in our national defense because of combination of Iraq and this new effort as a result of the hurricane. We ARE more vulnerable today than just a couple of months ago. I'm not saying that we're at our lowest point, since that was probably sometime in the 18th century, but if you do not agree that we're at -a- low point that's fine, but it's also a little silly for you to suggest otherwise since it is so freekin' obvious.
quade -

>You're talking from your hip Quade, and frankly, you don't know what yur talking about.

Hey what do you mean, he does'nt know what he is talking about. He gets his information from Air America, and the daily fax from the DNC with talking points.

Isn't that right Quade, don't let Gawain push you around like that. That even made me mad.

Dear (I don't know who you are) --

You don't know me. You don't know where I get my information and your assumptions are both totally baseless and unfounded.

I do not listen to Air America.
I do not get faxes from the DNC.

Lastly, Gawain couldn't push be around if he tried.
quade -

Calm yourself, quade...you're starting to resemble your avatar!;)

Ciels-
Michele

At least I -have- an avatar (little Miss No Avatar)!

Now, be careful before I clamp you . . . with my clamps! ;^)
quade -

Quade

Good thinking but you've forgotten our ACE in the hole:o DHS:)
FEMA took care of Katrina, DHS will take care of the bad guy's in the same timely proffesional manner.

Now please take off your shoes befor you get on the plane in case your al quada:S

R.I.P.

Quade

FEMA took care of Katrina, DHS will take care of the bad guy's in the same timely proffesional manner.

:S

R.I.P.

Department of Homeland Stupidity?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Gawain --

You know how much under the Army recruitment goals are?

Do you know how much over goal the Army re-enlistment numbers are?

You know how much man power and equipment are devoted to Iraq right now?

Yes I do, and it is not even a quarter of our capacity.

You know how irrelevant the unemployment figures are to national defense?

Unemployment figures are relevant to the state of the economy which you also cited in your original post.

You're talking but not hip Gawain, and frankly (Scarlet) I don't give a damn.

It's too bad you feel that way.

WE ARE at a low point in our national defense because of combination of Iraq and this new effort as a result of the hurricane. We ARE more vulnerable today than just a couple of months ago. I'm not saying that we're at our lowest point, since that was probably sometime in the 18th century, but if you do not agree that we're at -a- low point that's fine, but it's also a little silly for you to suggest otherwise since it is so freekin' obvious.

Since I'm now part of the national defense, and part of an entire infantry brigade being built from the ground up within the 101st Airborne, and am informed of activities within the entire XVIII Airborne Corps, and USAF, and USN attachments at Ft. Campbell, as well as what my friends tell me from Ft. Bragg, I would like to see your hard data that says otherwise, because it's so freakin' obvious that we're not at a low point.

Don't confuse hard, consistent work with low readiness. It's no secret that the branches of national defense are working harder than ever. My days stretch over 12-13 hours as we prepare to deploy. That does not mean we are unable to respond.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Quade

:S

R.I.P.

Department of Homeland Stupidity?

Hi John

The present events are a pop quiz for DHS.:o

FEMA :S

Lets give DHS :) a chance to see how long it takes them to get their act together and what it looks like.

Then we can give them a grade for their performance.

R.I.P.

At least I -have- an avatar (little Miss No Avatar)!

Now, be careful before I clamp you . . . with my clamps! ;^)

LOL, yeah, no avatar. I broke my 20D trying to get a good shot of myself. Sigh...

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~