rhino

Where do you think oil will go in the next 2 years?

I think in the short term (1 yr) we will see oil hit $80/barrel, but in the next 2yrs, it will back off of that.

As of now, the economy isn't really reacting to gas... No idea why. But eventually this will catch up. Once the economy begins to be impacted, something drastic will be done.

You can bet this will be a campaign issuee over the next 3 yrs.

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

Topping at $2.78 a gallon in Michigan. I've been telling people for a year we'll see $3 a gallon the end of year. People said I was full of it..

Well. $3... Here we come... And it won't stop there...

Rhino

You are asking where oil will go. Do you mean how much will a gallon of gas cost? If so are you talking about regular or premium?

I think in the short term (1 yr) we will see oil hit $80/barrel, but in the next 2yrs, it will back off of that.

As of now, the economy isn't really reacting to gas... No idea why. But eventually this will catch up. Once the economy begins to be impacted, something drastic will be done.

You can bet this will be a campaign issuee over the next 3 yrs.

Actually we are reacting to the cost, just no one will admit it. I am eating out less and buying less manufactured goods. Have you seen the steady rise in food costs and other household items? This is all directly related to the cost of fuel.

As far as driving goes, what option do most of us have? In the 80's the oil companies "PROMISED" the united States that they would keep fuel "Affordable!" This was in an effort to prevent the installation of a good mass transit system. Well it worked and now they are breaking it off in our collective asses!!

There is no way for me to use public transit and get to work in a timely fashion. I only live 15 miles away, but it would take me 3 1/2 hours on public transit, i could walk it faster than that but carryin all my gear would be a pain.

All the republicans have done is guarantee the democrats the whitehouse in 2008.

Fire Safety Tip: Don't fry bacon while naked

Let me correct myself.... The Market has not felt the effects yet.

In the past, oil prices and other indexes have cause market down falls because everyone know what happens... The common guy, spends less, and it cost more to ship good.
But now, the market isn't really reacting to what will happen as this continues, it is waiting for the actual number to come in. So, instead of a slow decline in the markets due to the higher prices, the markets have held their own if not gone up.... BUT, once profits start to shrink, the Market WILL react negatively.

That is the scary thing... In the past they have been somewhat proactive, but it appears to be a reactive market.

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

this oil semi-insider says

oil/gas will continue to go up in price as long as folks continue to pay.

if you w\owned coke-cola and people would pay 2.00 a can what do you think it would cost???

what do you pay for a beer at a baseball game when that same beer costs $1.25 at the corner grosery

as long as china and india will drive the price up and pay anycost to buy we get to ride the high cost road.

most of the crude used in this country comes from ven.,canada,mexico little comes wrom the far east

just pay the price and shuttttuppp

after all china is our friend doen't you know

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

It is hard to predict what any market is going to due at some point in the future. The economy as far as corporate America goes is doing fine, but many small and small-medium businesses are dropping like flies - and this has a serious implication on the overall economy. Warren Buffet on the current state of the economy: "I'm on the winning side, and I don't like it."