AggieDave

Penguins are a terrorist threat?

I once took four rats in a cat carryon case through an airport. First they wanted to X-ray them. Which would have been pretty cool to see, but they may not have liked it much. Then they wanted me to take them all out of the case to inspect it. I took one out, put it on the steel table, only to have another TSA person say "What is that rat doing there?" "He told me to take it out," I told her. Meanwhile Pig, the rat, was doing his usual thing, which was sniffing around for a bit. This, I knew, would shortly be followed by a rapid run to the nearest dark place, which was probably the next person's suitcase. I had this image of four very large white rats, each with a fondness for people, dark spaces and chewing on things, loose and running around on this big steel table full of people's bags.

"Just put em back in!" she said. About four TSA agents (and one national guard guy, who had the barrel of his rifle between him and the rats just in case) tried to peer in the case to make sure there were no rat weapons or anything. Finally they let them through.