Darius11

CIA Flying Suspects To Torture?

And you call Terrorists "human beings"..........oh wait a minute,maybe in Europe,you do call people that would indiscriminately kill innocent men,women and children" human beings":S

Actually yes, in Europe we do have the habit of calling all humans human beings and grant them all the rights our constitution allows for, and also the punishments if they misbehave. It is only in "banana republic" countries that the constitution changes on a case by case basis.
I thought the U.S was with us in the "coalition of the constitutionally democratic"

Interesting article about Vietnam. It totally omits the fact that as soon as the Vietnamese Communists determined that the Japanese were losing the war in Southeast Asia, they began to murder the leaders and members of the other Vietnamese Nationalist parties to eliminate any and all political competition.

Sounds like terrorism to me.

FYI, one reason the Eisenhower administration did not back the 1954 elections was that it was felt that the South did not have the depth of leadership to simultaneously build the country and fight a war. There was a lot of corruption and graft and not much government infrastructure to solve the problems.

In 1968, the North Vietnamese Communists did it again. They convinced the South Vietnamese Communists (Viet Cong) that all they had to do was display power and the people of the South would rise up with them and defeat the Diem regime and the Americans.

Unfortunately for the South Vietnamese Communists when they openly launched the Tet Offensive they were slaughtered by the thousands. They became an ineffective fighting force after Tet and even though the war was lost by the South because of the change in American "opinion" after Tet, the Viet Cong ended up with little or no power and they in effect lost the war at the same time to the NVA.

Of course there was still a raging war, but it was increasingly fought by NVA mainline troops instead of the local guys.

Blue skies,

Jim

Gov't should make it up to them somehow

Hard to do that without admitting that they did it in the first place, deniablity is the point of a clandestine operation...

One aspect I find sad about this is that the CIA can't cover their tracks better...

J

Hey! They could just kill the innocent person they illegally ganked from their home! That should cover up tracks and it would all be in the name of national security! Hell, but the CIA never makes mistakes and has intel so so reliable you could start a war with it :S. How could they pick up the wrong person???

Cover their tracks? They dump an innocent person off after months of abuse, lack of food, mind games, threats or some other bullshit and you expect them to stay quiet? :S

But it's war, right? It doesn't matter how many new enemies we make along the way that may kill us later, we have the false sense of security that we are doing something good for our country.

It doesn't matter how many new enemies we make along the way that may kill us later, we have the false sense of security that we are doing something good for our country.

Job security, dude -- job security

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Hell, but the CIA never makes mistakes and has intel so so reliable you could start a war with it . How could they pick up the wrong person???

Where did I say the CIA can't or doesn't make mistakes? I know from personal experience that they can and do... If they are going to engage in these types of operations they should have a process whereby they confirm that their target is legit, not just someone's name who came up as a "tip"...

Cover their tracks? They dump an innocent person off after months of abuse, lack of food, mind games, threats or some other bullshit and you expect them to stay quiet?

I wouldn't expect them to stay quiet... but that was not really what I was referring to... having recognizable tail numbers, using US register AC in the first place, not having cover stories for your flight plans, having your front company not even stand up to a casual inquiry, participating in interrogations in such a way that you could be identified as American (speaking English to the interpreter, dumb! Speak German, Russian, Spanish or, how about Arabic or Farsi?).

I'm not suggesting that they kill the erroneous snatch victim... If you haven't identified yourself, you don't need to... they should also be covering their bases better to reduce or eliminate the errors...

J
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke