DrewGPM

more historic elections

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/story.jsp?story=609501

First time in history they've had an election...how great is that! It is a huge start in the right direction for those guys.

The fact that some groups are still pissed because women can't vote seems to be getting the focus though.

Yep. Back in 2002 Saddam Hussein had an election. Got more than twice the % votes that Bush got in 2000!!;):D

but seriously, who knows what'll happen. I'd like to see reforms come to middle Eastern countries from within.

If it were up to me, I'd say we should just leave them all the f&*k alone. Contrary to popular belief, we DO NOT need middle eastern oil, so we should stop painting targets on ourselves by trying to butt into that area. Finish the bizness in Iraq,help the Israelis & Palestinians to finish the peace process, & apart from that, leave the middle east alone.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

If it were up to me, I'd say we should just leave them all the f&*k alone. Contrary to popular belief, we DO NOT need middle eastern oil, so we should stop painting targets on ourselves by trying to butt into that area. Finish the bizness in Iraq,help the Israelis & Palestinians to finish the peace process, & apart from that, leave the middle east alone.

Yes.... YEs...... YES!

Finally, it gets said. I couldn't agree more.

Elvisio "speakers corner shy boy" Rodriguez

Contrary to popular belief, we DO NOT need middle eastern oil, so we should stop painting targets on ourselves by trying to butt into that area.

I don't disagree, but try telling that to the greeny eco-freaks that have so many politicians scared witless. (and I stress witless)
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

I'd like to see reforms come to middle Eastern countries from within.

because you can't they will come knocking on your door. You want to do the same with N. korea? You want them selling nukes to the same kind of idiots that were involved with 9/11? Kind of like Clinton did with OBL?

I'm all for a free world. Glad to see freedom is breaking out all over!

>You want to do the same with N. korea?

We are doing the same with North Korea. We fought them and didn't win. Then we sold them some reactors. Then we ignored them completely so we could "fight terror" in Iraq. Now we're negotiating with them, which is good - we seem to have tried everything else.

>You want them selling nukes to the same kind of idiots that were involved with 9/11?

We're the only country in the world developing small nukes. Plus which we sell WMD ingredients to people like Saddam Hussein.

>Kind of like Clinton did with OBL?

So far Bush has exactly the same track record with OBL as Clinton did. They both tried to kill him and failed. (And of course when Clinton tried, he was attacked mercilessly by the right wingers.)

>I'm all for a free world.

Democracy imposed from without is the severest form of tyranny.

I guess you missed them dancing in the streets, they sure didn't look like the Garry Owen from Ft hood to me.

So far Bush has exactly the same track record with OBL as Clinton did. They both tried to kill him and failed

Clinton was to busy treating it as a law enforcement issue.

>I guess you missed them dancing in the streets . . .

They danced in the streets after 9/11 too. In fact I recall you being disgusted by that. You really want to see more dancing?

>Clinton was to busy treating it as a law enforcement issue.

Hey, treating it as a law enforcement issue is better than ignoring it. Bush just plain doesn't care about catching the guy who killed 3000 americans.

"So I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him, to be honest with you. . . . .I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

I'm not sure I agree. By that reasoning, the federal government had no right intervening in the South to enforce civil rights, and allow blacks to vote.

Would sending the 101st Airborne to Little Rock be severe tyranny as well?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

As any citizen of the Occupied Confederacy can tell you, you are right as rain.

It was a Republican Lawyer who laid waste to this fair land and brought it into the Union at bayonet point.

Wedded bliss is all well and good, but when it is achieved forcibly it is still rape.

Blue skies,

Winsor